Stalker

Married to My Best Friend?!

Chaeyeon and Kyungsoo were taking a stroll the next day around their quiet, peaceful neighborhood, hand in hand, watching all the cute little animals like squirrels and birds scurry here and there.

 

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked as he noticed that Chaeyeon looked worried, deep in thought. She didn't respond. "Hello?" he asked her, waving his free hand in front of her face.

 

"Huh?" Chaeyeon blinked.

 

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked with a concerned expression.

 

"O-oh. It's nothing." Her top set of teeth found the way to her bottom lip, gnawing on it.

 

"Really? You sure about that?" Kyungsoo looked at her strangely.

 

"Yes," Chaeyeon chuckled. "Stop sweating in your hands, would you? It feels really gross, you know." When she talked, it wasn't in a mean way.

 

"Jinjja? Well that's your sweat rubbing onto my hand. And my hand is putting it back in yours. Who's the gross one now?" Kyungsoo joked.

 

Chaeyeon chuckled, but stopped when she noticed a shadow ducking behind a bush. "What was that?" she said, looking extremely anxious.

 

"What was what?" he asked, not noticing anything strange.

 

"Didn't you see..? That shadow?"

 

"Are you sure it wasn't just an animal? I think you're going crazy," Kyungsoo once again joked.

 

This isn't the time for jokes Kyung! I think Yoona is following us! OR ME! Chaeyeon thought inside her head really loudly. "Maybe.." she said, faking her sanity. Her ears perked up to the sound of rustling, where her eyes turned to. She spotted some curly brown hair peeking out from behind a small tree. When Kyungsoo looked at the floor to kick a pebble, a figure popped out from behind the trunk. It really was Yoona. She made the sign with her fingers saying, I'm watching you. She bolted back behind it before Kyungsoo could look up at what his girlfriend was staring intently at.

 

"What happened? Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked her worriedly.

 

"Nothing... I'm totally fine," she assured him. "Let's just go... to my place..."

 

*           *            *

 

Kyungsoo had just left Chaeyeon and Myungsoo's house when it was almost 10:00.

 

"I'm tired Myungsoo. I'll sleep first," Chaeyeon grumbled tiredly.

 

"Okay." Myungsoo wasn't even listening because all he could hear and pay attention to was their TV.

 

Chaeyeon brushed her teeth and saw her eyes getting a bit puffier. She changed into her pajamas and went into her room to sleep. Without turning on the lights, her body did a little jump when she saw something outside of the window. "I must be hallucinating," she groaned. After climbing into her warm, cloud-like bed, she had realized that she forgot to get her phone in the bathroom. "Ughh." She made her way to the bathroom and snatched her phone off the cold granite counter. Chaeyeon went back to the room and felt the ground to find her charger. "Found it!" she cried happily. She tried to plug it in the electrical outlet, but it wouldn't go in because she couldn't find the exact location of it. "UGHH!" she cried in frustration, running out of patience. She got up to turn on the lights to see. Click. She turned around to see where the electrical outlet when something caught her eye. Behind the window, she saw Yoona giving her an evil glare. A shrill scream escaped Chaeyeon's lips.

 

"What happened?!" Myungsoo yelled, running up the stairs immediately. When he got into the room, he didn't see anything strange, except for Chaeyeon, who was petrified. "What's wrong?"

 

"B-but... H-how?" Chaeyeon's teeth started to chatter subconsciously.

 

"What? Tell me what happened," Myungsoo patted her back and gently pulled her down to sit on the bed.

 

And don't tell him about me, or you'll regret it. I'll make your life hell, Yoona's voice rang inside Chaeyeon's head. "I can't tell you..." Chaeyeon whispered.

 

"Yes you can. Just say it. If it's embarassing, that's okay. Everyone has embarassing moments," Myungsoo assured.

 

"It's not embarassing..." Should I just tell him? She said not to tell Kyungsoo right? She never mentioned that I can't say to anyone else, right? Maybe it really is alright to tell Myungsoo. "Well I suppose I can tell you.." she started but paused again.

 

"Tell me what?" Myungsoo said, sighing.

 

"Yesterday.. I actually met this girl named Im Yoona... She's following me... And she told me to get lost from Kyungsoo because he belongs to her or something... She said she'd make my life hell if I don't do what she says.. I'm not allowed to tell Kyungsoo but I don't know if I'm allowed to tell anyone else.. I don't know what to do... She scares me..." Chaeyeon started to cry like a child.


"Shh.. Shhh.. It's okay.." Myungsoo whispered, hugging her and putting her face on his chest. "You're safe with me." Chaeyeon actually started to loosen up, and her fears were starting to go away. She really did feel safe with him now, at this moment. "I need to go turn off the TV and get ready for bed, so I'll be right back."

 

"Okay.." She took a deep breath and watched him leave. I'm so lucky to have him... she thought. Turning to the window, which was a bad mistake, she saw Yoona throwing daggers with her eyes. Yoona then jumped off the tree and ran away into the night. Chaeyeon squeaked and pulled the covers over her head.

 

When Myungsoo came back, he noticed that Chaeyeon had disappeared. "Chaeyeon?" He then spotted her body shape and head under a white blanket. "Nice try hiding," he laughed and yanked the covers off her face, just to find his cheek getting slapped lightly. "Ow."

 

"Aish," was all she could say.

 

"Well then.." Myungsoo put the covers back over her head. "I guess I'll just change in here, then." He received a single muffled groan back.