The Broken One 5 (final)

YOONYUL ONE SHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri and Yoona is in the car on their way back to the base. Yuri hold onto Yoona’s hand as she was driving. She glance at Yoona who got shy every time their eyes met.

 

They did get a lot closer after last night, but it’s all still new and Yoona got shy thinking about how bold she was last night.

 

“We should go and check on the grandma first.” Yuri said.

 

“Yeah I think we should.”

 

“Ok.” Yuri smile and focus on driving.

 

They went and check on the old lady and she seems to recover fast and she’s ok now. They bid good bye to the lady and continue their journey.

 

“I’m glad that she’s ok now.” Yoona said.

 

“Me too. So umm are you hungry? You want to go and have lunch before heading back?”

 

“Will that be ok?”

 

“Of course. It’s Sunday anyway.” Yuri said, but before they could go anywhere, her phone ring and it was Private Kim’s calling. “Umm I will just take this call first.”

 

“Sure.”

 

“Hello!”

 

“Hello Captain! This is private Kim speaking. The Commander is here to see you ma’am.” From Private Kim’s voice, Yuri could sense that there is something suspicious about this sudden visit.

 

“I’m almost at the base. Tell him I’ll be there soon.”

 

“Yes ma’am! Umm Ma’am?”

 

“What is it Private Kim?”

 

“There’s also 3 guys here at the base looking for Miss Im.” 

 

When Yuri heard that, she knows that it isn’t just bad news. The timing couldn’t be worse.

 

“Ok. Thank you.” Yuri said and hang up.

 

“Umm Yoona?”

 

“Nae?”

 

“I think we will have to cancel lunch. I need to get back to the base right away. The commander is here to see me.”

 

“On Sunday?”

 

“Yeah well actually I think this is more of a private visit.”

 

“Oh… Ok. Let’s hurry back then. I will cook us Ramen after you talk to the commander.”

 

“Ok.” Yuri said and drive to the base camp.

 

Once they arrived, Private Kim is already waiting for Yuri at the parking lots.

 

“Captain!”

 

“Where is the commander?”

 

“He’s waiting for you in your office ma’am.”

 

“Ok.” Yuri said and turn to Yoona. “Umm Yoona! You can go and rest. I will see you when I’m done here.” Yuri told Yoona, but before Yoona could leave, Private Kim interrupted them.

 

“Actually Captain, commander also ask to see Miss Im too.” Private Kim said making Yoona and Yuri looking confused at him. 

 

“Alright! Come with me Yoona!” Yuri said and lead Yoona to her office.

 

Once they arrived, Yuri knock on the door.

 

“Come in!” The Commander said.

 

Yuri open the door and get in with Yoona follow her from behind. Once she’s in front of the commander, Yuri respectfully salute him, but she didn’t make eyes contact with him at all. Yoona greet him like normal civilian does.

 

“Anneyeonghaseyo!”

 

“Hello Miss Im!” The commander said and approached Yuri.

 

The next thing he does make Yoona’s eyes open wide in shock. He slapped Yuri’s cheek hard, but Yuri didn’t move. She stood still and keep her posture.

 

“What were you thinking?” The commander shouted at Yuri.

 

“Nothing sir!” Yuri said and still not looking at him.

 

“Why are you doing this Mr Commander?” Yoona asked. She couldn’t stand there and watch Yuri get hurts.

 

Yuri turn to look at Yoona and Yoona could see that Yuri is trying to  ask her not to say anything.

 

“I’m sorry for you to see this Miss Im. I’ve asked you to come here because I wanted to let you know that you have to leave this base camp with your husband immediately.”

 

“Nae? Husband?” Yoona was confused, but Yuri’s wrist has turn into a ball as she tried to hold her anger.

 

“Miss Im is not going anywhere sir!” Yuri said and the commander is obviously not happy with her comment.

 

“You don’t have any right to say anything in this room Captain Kwon Yuri.”

 

“This matter concern the safety of our citizen, so I think I do sir.” Yuri fearlessly said.

 

“Captain Kwon! Is military’s rule a joke to you? How could you let a civilian stay in our base not to mention living inside your dorm room?”

 

“No I never take military’s rule as a joke sir! But first of all Miss Im here is not married. The guys out there are gangsters who tried to kidnap her. It is my duty to protect any of the Korean citizen sir!” Yuri said.

 

“Protect? Seriously Yuri? Ok it’s your duty to protect her yes, but you’re crossing the line by letting her share your dorm room. That’s not right.”

 

“She has no where to stay and she’s a woman, I can’t just leave her alone. And Yoona-shi is doing a volunteer work as a nurse here, so there is nothing wrong for her to stay here sir.”

 

“Fine! I understand that she has no where to go, but what is it all about your relationship with Miss Im here? Are you dating her?” The commander asked making Yoona looking at the two of them worriedly. 

 

Yuri did help her, but now that they are dating, this could get Yuri in trouble because she is a soldier and she has to follow the rule. She can’t just do whatever she wants.

 

“My private life is none of your concern sir.” Yuri curtly said.

 

“As your father, I think I have every right to know about it.”

 

‘Father?’ Yoona was shock for the second time after what she learned. ‘So Yuri is actually the Commander’s daughter?’ Yoona didn’t say anything and just observe them.

 

“So you are here as my father then?” Yuri finally look straight at her father’s eyes. “Well since you said that you are here as my father, then let me get this straight. I don’t know what Jessica told you, but we are over. I asked you to let me come all the way here because I don’t want to be anywhere close to her. And as far as I remember you never care about my love life or who I am dating. So I’d be glad if you could just leave my love life alone.”

 

“When you mix your love life into your work place, I can’t just leave it that way Yuri.”

 

“You can just follow the military rule and punish me then. So if you have nothing else to say then I’m going to pack my stuff and get out of here sir! I’ll be in Seoul waiting for your decision.” Yuri doing the salute and took Yoona’s hand and drag the girl along with her.

 

The commander is beyond angry at his daughter’s behaviour. He couldn’t understand why Yuri choose to be with a woman instead of a man. But he did promise his wife that he will let her be. The commander is the man of his word and he gave his wife his word, so he couldn’t just take it back. He will just let her be for now.

 

*

 

Yuri quietly packing her stuff while Yoona does the same. She doesn’t has a lot of stuff to pack, so Yoona is already done and sat on her bed waiting for Yuri. She has so many question, but Yoona decide to not ask and give Yuri space.

 

“I’m done. Let’s go!”

 

“Ok.” 

 

Yoona just follow Yuri to the parking lot, but before they could leave, Taecyeon and his men stopped them.

 

“You look like you are in a rush.” He said while smirking.

 

“Why are you here?” Yoona asked.

 

“To take you home my darling.”

 

“Shut up!” Yuri shouted at him. “How dare you to come in here?” Yuri take a threatening step toward Taecyeon and give him the coldest glare.

 

“Look! Her father sold her to me to get ride of his debt. I’m just here to take what’s mine. I don’t want to create any problem. I just need to take her and I will be on my way. Right Yoona?” Taecyeon said and smile smugly at Yoona. Yuri lost it and punch the guy in the face.

 

It didn’t stopped there. She keep punching him. Yoona tried to stop her, but Yuri keep on fighting with Taecyeon who also fight back and punch her in the face.

 

“Stop right now!!” The commander shouted, but Yuri didn’t hear him. They keep fighting until they heard the gun shot.

 

The commander shot his gun in the air making people around him get on the ground while Yuri and Taecyeon finally let go off each other.

 

“Mr Ok, Would you like to get out of here peacefully or would you like to get lock up while fighting one of my soldier?” The commander said making Taecyeon gulped.

 

“We’ll go! I will come and get you Yoona. Wait for me.”

 

“Wait!” The commander said and walk closer to Taecyeon. “I have learned that Miss Im is not your wife, so I advise you to leave her alone. If you dare coming around her and bothering innocent civilian again, I can’t promise that I’d be able to be nice and let you go like this again.”

 

Teacyeon curse under his breath and glare at Yoona before running off with his man follow behind.

 

“Take Kwon Yuri to the storage house and confine her until the next order.” The commander said to his soldiers and Yuri get up from the ground.

 

The fellow soldiers was about to take her, but Yuri stopped them.

 

“I can walk by myself.” Yuri said.

 

“Yes captain!”

 

“From now on, she’s no longer your captain! Take her!” The commander said. 

 

“Yoona take this.” Yuri hands Yoona her phone. “Go to Seoul and call Sooyoung. I’ll come to you.” Yuri said and head to the storage house.

 

Yoona can’t just leave so she ran after the commander. 

 

“Sir! Sir! Please let me at least stay with Captain Kwon. Please!” She pleaded. 

 

“This is not a play ground Miss Im.” The commander said and walk ahead.

 

“Private Kim! Please let me stay with the captain.”

 

“I’m sorry Yoona-shi. We can’t lock you up when you did nothing wrong. It’s the rule.”

 

“Ok. Umm private Kim, I’m really sorry but I have to do this.”

 

“Nae?” Private Kim was confused but Yoona answer him with a punch in the nose.

 

Mr Kwon growl at the ridiculous situation he get put in because of the Yoona and Yuri.

 

“You gotta be kidding me.” He muttered under his breath before finally give up. “Just lock the both of them together.” He said before heading off.

 

“Yes sir!” Private Kim said still holding onto his nose. 

 

“I’m sorry!” Yoona said apologetically as she follow Yuri toward the storage house.

 

 

*

 

Inside the storage house:

 

Yuri should be sad or angry for being trapped, but she couldn’t stop laughing. They sat on the floor facing each other.

“I can’t believe you just punched him in front of the commander. My girlfriend is so brave.” Yuri laugh again. Yoona just pouted cutely.

 

“I feel so bad for him. But at that moment I can’t think of anything else. I just don’t want to be separate from you.” Yoona sweetly confessed. 

 

Yuri reach her hand out for Yoona to hold. Yuri really want to kiss the girl, but she still has to restrain herself or their situation might get even worse if she keep getting on her father’s nerve. Yuri doesn’t really care about what he’s gonna do to her, but she does scared that he would take Yoona away and put her in the prison for civilian if she push him too far. Yuri didn’t want Yoona to go through anything because of her.

 

“You will feel very uncomfortable staying her all night though.”

 

“What are you talking about? I’m so comfortable right now. Don’t you think it’s romantic after what I did?” Yoona joked trying to lift up Yuri’s mood.

 

“Well, I have to admit that it was indeed romantic.” Yuri said and both of them chuckled happily.

 

Instead of feeling suffocated of being locked up, Yuri couldn’t ask for anything better. As long as Yoona is with her, wherever it is, it feels like paradise to her. 

 

Yoona reach her hand up to Yuri’s cheek and lips. She remember that Yuri got slapped quite hard from her father, and now she even have bruised lips because she fight with Taecyeon. Yoona feels like all of this happen to Yuri because of her.

 

Yuri hold onto Yoona’s hand on her cheek to reassure the girl that she’s ok. She could see the sadness in Yoona’s eyes. And without words, Yuri already what’s running on Yoona’s mind. 

 

“I’m fine Yoong.”

 

“Is it hurt?”

 

“No not at all.”

 

“Did he do that a lot?”

 

“Who?”

 

“Your father.” Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter