3. Missing Pieces

YOONYUL ONE SHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello,I'm Kwon Yuri! This is the story of my boring life. It was boring until that one day, I learn to have that first and last desire in my whole life.

 

Ever since I was born, I never know what it means to give an effort to get something. I was born with everything. I didn't even need to work hard. Everyone would do anything they can to please me, and all I need to do is give them money, money, money!!!! 

I don't have friends. By friends I mean real friends. Those who approach me was because they saw the way I throw my money around. I'm sick of those people, so i decide to come back to korea. This place is where I was born. My parents decide to live in US after I was born. I never came to visit Korea before, the reason was because my parents didn't want me to get attached to any family here. Ever since my parents died in the car accident, all I did was playing around. No one care or dare to stop me. 

I let my people taken care of the business. I came to Korea and start a new life, where no one know who I am, where I came from, or how rich I am. I have everything, but I never once feel happy. I figured out that something is missing. I should have learn to live like normal people, so I decide to go back to school. I decide to go to an art school, and from there, I finally come to know what is actually missing in my life.

 

Seoul:

 

I walked out from the airport and saw a man waiting for me with my name card. I assume he's my body guard also my secretary who will be taken care of everything I need during my stay in Seoul.

I told them that I need the simple life during my stay here, so I don't want much people follow me around. My identity will stay hidden.

"Hello! I'm Kwon Yuri!"

"Welcome to Korea miss Kwon! My name is Oh Sehun and I will lead you to your penthouse." The man bow and lead the way. I just nodded and follow him.

We reach the place that I suppose to live. It wasn't as big as my place in US, but it seems okay. Since I told myself to be simple, this should be fine.

"Here it is miss Kwon. The maid will come everyday to cook and clean the place for you."

"Aniyo! Let her come only once a week to clean. I want privacy. And about food, you don't have to worry. I will figured it out by myself."

"Nae! And here are the car keys." He said as he open the drawer near the main door. "I had prepared a series of car that Mr Paul sent me the list last week. I hope you enjoy it. The car are all inside your private garage downstair."

"Okay! Thank you!"

"You are very welcome miss Kwon! Here is your phone. I've register it under your name and my contact is also inside. Please call my anytime you need anything miss Kwon! I hope you enjoy your stay. I will send your school schedule through your mail box."

"Okay!"

"Then, I'll take my leave!" He bow and left.

 

I walk around the house and end up standing in the balcony. It has a beautiful view from here, but something caught my eyes. There, not far from my place, I can see an angel from here. It was an advertisement board. I guess this is the biggest one. That photo make my heart skip a beat. I never see a woman who has such a beautiful smile. It make me smile back at the photo.

"I wonder who she is." 

I got back inside and go straight to my room and have some rest. I didn't get to sleep much in the plane. 

 

*

Author's pov:

 

Yuri woke up and look at the time on her night stand. It's past mid night.

"Another sleepless night I guess." She muttered to herself and got out of bed. 

She took a warm bath and then make herself a warm tea. She went to the balcony and drink her tea. 

"Look like I'm not gonna be alone tonight." She said looking at the picture on the ads board. "I sound like a crazy person. Or maybe I am." Yuri's eyes getting teary. "There's no point of having so much money when you end up all alone." She sigh and go back inside.

Yuri took her phone out and call Mr Oh.

"Hello! Miss Kwon?"

"Yeah It's me. I can start going to school from tomorrow right?"

"Actually school will start from next monday, but you can go from tomorrow on, since you're a new student. You can go and make yourself familiar with the school."

"Okay! Thank you!" Yuri said and hung up.

She knew she shouldn't called him at this hour but she did anyway. She paid him, so he should be available anytime.

 

Yuri went back to bed and try to get some sleep.

 

 

6 am:

 

Her alarm clock rang waking Yuri up. She turn it off and yawn. She can't help but feel a little excited to go to school. Maybe this is all new to her that's why.

She wash up and get ready for school. After she's done, Yuri choose her car key went downstair. She didn't want to get too much attention, so she just take her mini cooper out.

"This should be simple." She said and get in the car and go straight to school.

 

Yuri reach the school and mr Oh had sent her the mail of school map. She follow the map and reach the administration. 

"Hello! I'm Kwon Yuri and I am the new transfer student from US." She introduced herself. 

"Oh Miss Kwon Yuri, Mr Oh Sehun had sent all your document. I thought you would come when school start. It's great that you decide to come early." The teacher said.

"Nae! I want to get used to the atmosphere before it really start."

"Wait a minute! I'll call one of your classmate, so she could show you around."

"Dae Khamsahamnida!" Yuri tried to be as polite as she could. She isn't used to all those polite thing, so it's a little bit awkward.

 

After waiting 10 minutes, she saw a girl running through the hall way toward the administration.

"Anneyeonghaseyo professor! I'm sorry I just woke up when you called."

"It's okay! Here is Kwon Yuri, your new classmate. Can you help her get to know the school before school start? She just transfer from US."

"There's no problem professor." The girl said and turn to Yuri. She held her hand out and introduced herself. "Hello Yuri, I'm Tiffany Hwang! I'll be your guide for the day." Tiffany said and show her brightest smile.

Yuri accept the handshake and smile back at her.

"Nice to meet you Tiffany. And thank for accepted to show me around."

"Don't mention it. Welcome to SM art school." 

 

The two bow at the professor before leaving the administration.

Tiffany show Yuri around the school and they end up at the cafeteria.

"Do you want something to drink Yuri?"

"Oh I would love an Ice Tea please. Thank you." Yuri said and Tiffany went to buy them drinks.

"Here you go!"

"Thank you."

"So what make you choose to major in Painting Yuri?"

"Oh... umm.. painting make me feel calm and I could express myself easier through it."

"Oh I see."

"What about you Tiffany?"

"It's just a hobbies. I actually major in singing too."

"Ah I see!"

"Why did you transfer from US? Lots of people wish they could go study abroad."

"Well, I was alone."

"What? Why?"

"My parents passed away. I want to change the environment that's why I decide to come here."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Let's be friend from now on! I live at the dorm with my girlfriend. I'll introduce you to her someday."

"Your girlfriend?"

"Don't be surprise." Tiffany chuckle at Yuri reaction.

"I didn't! Okay I did. Since Korea is quiet sensitive about this, That's why."

"Actually I came from US too."

"Well that's explain a lot." Yuri said and they both laughed.

 

They were laughing until they heard the noise. A group of people enter the cafeteria.

"What was that?" Yuri asked.

"Oh It's Yoona? Aishhh that girl got bother by the student again." Yuri turn to see a girl with a cap on. She couldn't see her face clearly. 

"Who is that? A celebrity?"

"Wait Yuri, you didn't know Im Yoona?"

"Do I need to know her?" Yuri asked confused.

"Omg! You have a lot to learn in Korea. Come on!" Tiffany said and walk toward the crowded. "Hey Yoona, Taeyeon said to bring you to the studio if I saw you." Tiffany said toward the girl.

"Hello Fany unnie!" Yoona bow lightly at Tiffany.

"Guys! Our goddess here has a more important thing to do, so please let her go!" Tiffany said toward Yoona's fan.

The fans were disappointed but they let Yoona leave with Tiffany and Yuri. Yuri tried to steal glance at the other girl, but she didn't want to look like a stalker so she just walk silently next to them.

"Thank you unnie!" Yoona said while they walk to the studio to find Taeyeon.

"It's okay Yoona-ah, anyway why do you come to school so early? School will not start until next week."

"I had a day off today and thought maybe there's not many students in school that's why."

"Ah jinja! Those fans never leave you alone. Oh right! I forgot, Yoona this is Yuri, my new classmate." Tiffany stop walking and introduced the two.

Yuri finally got to face Yoona, and she can't help but look surprise. This girl is actually the girl on the Ads board. Yuri quickly hide her surprise's face and shake Yoona's hand.

"Nice to meet you Yuri-shi!"

"Nae me too!"

"It's really funny Yoona-ah! I guess Yuri is the only person who didn't know you." Tiffany laughed.

"Stop it unnie, it's not like I am famous worldwide or something." Yoona said embarrassed.

"No no no! Please don't take it the wrong way. It's just it's hasn't been long since I first came here. That's why!" Yuri tried to explain.

"It's okay Yuri-shi! You don't have to feel bad about that." Yoona said and smile at Yuri.

"Come on I was just joking. Let's go! Taeyeon is waiting!" Tiffany said and the three continue walking. Tiffany keeps talking with Yoona and Yuri just follow them silently.

 

3 weeks later:

 

Yuri then found out that Yoona is also a student in SM. she major in model, acting and she's currently join the singing too. Taeyeon is Tiffany's girlfriend. She's a solo singer. Yuri never expect to become friend with celebrities. But those people seems to be so easygoing and it made her being fast friend with them. She always hang out with Tiffany and Taeyeon when she's free from her class, but she didn't get to see Yoona after that day due to her schedule.

Sometimes Yoona would come and practise with Taeyeon at school, but Yuri was sent out of school for her project.

"Hey Yuri! Do you want to come to our dorm tonight? Taeyeon asked me to invite you for dinner."

"Oh really? I guess I can do that." Yuri said smiling.

"Asa!! I'll tell Taeyeon. Come after 6pm okay?"

"Okay!" Tiffany bid good bye and left.

Yuri still have some more work to do so she decide to stay a little longer. She's all alone since everyone is already left. It's friday, so class ended early.

Yuri was painting, then someone knock on the door and interrupted her. She turn her head and found the most beautiful girl that she has long to see. Yuri froze, but then came back to her sense and keep herself cool. She didn't want Yoona to see her fangirling over the girl.

"Excuse me Yuri-shi! Did you see Tiffany unnie?"

"Oh umm she just left not long ago!"

"Ah jinja? Thank you Yuri-shi!"

"You are welcome!" Yuri answered and turn her attention back to her work.

Yoona then just left the place. She's heading toward Taeyeon's and Tiffany's dorm while thinking about Yuri.

She can't help but found something weird about Yuri. She seems to be cold since their first met. Not that Yoona wanted to be close or something. It's just that aside from Tiffany and Taeyeon, everyone seems to go crazy when they see her. Either they love her or they hate her, but no one acting this way toward her before. 

 

Little did Yoona know, she actually attracted by that side of Yuri. Everyone around always treat her as a celebrity and try to get her attention, but the way Yuri treated her make her feel like she's just a human being, that somehow make her feel happy.

 

She reached TaeNy's dorm and ring the bell.

"Oh Yoona-ah come in!" Taeyeon said as she open the main door.

"Oh Yoona you came?" Tiffany asked

"Dae Unnie! Sorry I didn't inform you before coming. It's just the filming got cancel suddenly, so I had sometimes off.

"Ah I see! I will be in the kitchen, We invited Yuri for dinner, so I'll have to cook. You can go and practise with Taeyeon."

"Nae unnie. And Yuri-shi will come here?"

"Yeah. Is something wrong?"

"Aniyo! Aniyo! I saw her earlier when I went to find you."

"Ah okay! You should stay and have dinner with us too okay? If not I'll be angry, arrasso?"

"Nae unnie!" Yoona chuckle at her cute Fany-unnie.

 

*

 

7 pm:

 

Yuri rang the bell and Tiffany open it for her.

"Hey Yuri, you're here!"

"Sorry Fany! I was too focus on my painting and forgot the time. I went home to wash up that's why I'm late."

"It's okay come in!"

"Oh here is my little gift." Yuri hand Tiffany the bottle of champagne.

"Oh how did you know I like champagne?"

"Taeyeon once mention about it."

"You don't have to bring gift Yuri-ah! But thank you for this anyway."

"It's my pleasure!"

"Hey Yuri!" Taeyeon greeted when Yuri and Tiffany reach the living room.

"Hi Taeyeon!"

"Yoona-shi already left?" Yuri asked.

"Aniyo! Hello again Yuri-shi!" Yoona said as she came back from the bathroom.

"Oh uh Hi!" Yuri was caught red hand making her stuttered.

"Guys let's eat. I'm hungry!" Luckily Tiffany save her.

They gather around the table. Yuri sat next to Yoona. She tried her best not to blush. She never been this close to the girl. She was scared that Yoona could hear her heart beat.

Tiffany open the champagne that Yuri gave her.

"This one look very expensive Yuri-ah! You don't have to give such expensive gift next time okay?" Taeyeon said.

"Aniyo! It's not that much." 

They cheered and the dinner started.

"So Yoona, Cheer for finally moving into the place of your dream."

"Thank you unnie!"

"Don't forget to invite us sometimes." 

"Of course! I'll invited you when I have time unnie. Yuri-shi too." Yoona said and Yuri cough due to the surprise?

'Did she hate it that much?' Yoona thought.

"Are you okay Yuri?" Tiffany asked

"I'm alright! Sorry, can I use the bathroom?"

"Sure! I'll show you." Tiffany said and show Yuri the way.

"Unnie?"

"Hmm?"

"Is Yuri-shi hate me or something?"

"What are you talking about Yoong?"

"I mean she didn't seems to talk much and she seems awkward too. Is it because I'm here?"

"Yah... don't think like that. Maybe because she didn't get to meet you often that's why. And plus Yuri didn't always talk much like your Tiffany unnie."

"What about me?" Tiffany said and Taeyeon gulp.

"N-nothing honey! Yoona just feel like Yuri is awkward around her. Come to think of it, she's quiet mysterious." 

"Well, we just know her less than a month. She can't just trust us so easily that's why she seems cold. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter