Second Chance

YOONYUL ONE SHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Yoona's pov:


Another summer has gone, Autumn arrive. The wind is getting chilly and all I could think about is you. I know I have no right to think about you, or even talk to you after what you've been through because of me. I hurt you and I hurt you bad, I know. Would it be selfish of me to say that I miss you? Would you even believe me? I'm not sure anymore. I broke your heart into pieces the last time I saw you, you still have that sad smile on your face trying to greet me, but I didn't even spare a glance at you. I know I was being heartless, but I thought that if I ignore you, maybe it will be easier for you to move on and forget me.

I am guilty of ruining our love story because I was confused of myself and in process of finding who I really am, I've hurt you. I was such a coward. Honestly I was scared. I'm scared of what people think of me, I'm scared that people will judge me for falling in love with a girl. I wasn't ready back then, but after breaking up with you, I still couldn't bring myself to be with any guys. I regret breaking up with you. I know it will be too much to ask you to forgive me and give me a chance to make it up to you and love you right this time, but even with a little hope, I still want to try. I miss you so much and my heart ache everytime I think about the time we were together.

After thinking for a long time, I finally have the courage to send you a message. I never thought that a simple 'hi' is so hard to type, but I did it.

Kwon Yuri is online:

Hi!

 

Hi!
You replied. I'm so happy that even you just say hi. I tried to come up with something to talk about. How are you?

 

I'm doing good. How about you, How's new york?

 

New York is boring and tiring, but I'm fine. What are you doing now?

 

I'm stuck at work.

 

But it's saturday today.

 

Yeah I know, but I have some files to finish.

 

I see.

 

Umm I gotta go. It's nice to hear from you. Have a good day!

 

Thanks! You too have a good day.



And just like that our conversation ended. I feel very excited that she reply to my chat. I didn't want the conversation to end so fast, but I'm glad that she still talk to me after all I have done. It's giving me a little hope.


*

Few weeks later:

Finally fashion weeks is over. I finally could live for a month free of work. Tonight we have an after party and it was totally crazy. I didn't know how many bottle of champagne I drank with all the staff, all I know is that all I could think about right now is you. Your warm lips, your touch and your sweet love. I miss you. I miss you a lot and I don't even know what I'm doing anymore. I might be drunk, and I know I'm going to say something I shouldn't have, but who care.

I get into messenger and get straight to your chat room. I didn't even know what I was sending, because the last thing I remember was that I black out right after sending the text.


The next day:

I woke up with a big headache and I didn't even know how I end up in my own bed. I was glad that I didn't end up with a mess in my room or having some girl laying on my bed. I'm still in my clothes from last night, so it means I didn't sleep with anyone. I sighed in relieve and search for my phone on the night stand and the moment I look at the notification on my phone, I bolted to sit up and I don't even care about my headache because my heart is beating out of my chest which wake every bones in my body. I saw your chat on my notification. I unlock my phone and go straight to your chat, and there I saw my drunk chat to you.

 

Have you ever think about me?


What the hell is wrong with me? It sounds so pathetic, but what make me sad is your replied.

 

Before yes, but then you left Seoul and I didn't hear from you for a long time, so I moved on.


That's what she said. It was my fault. As If it wasn't enough. I still want to ask her the question that I know it would killing me, but who care. I'm dying inside anyway.
 

Are you seeing someone?


I sent her another chat, and biting on my nail while waiting for her reply. It didn't take long to get my heart broken though.

 

Yes. I have a girlfriend now.

 

Oh wow! Congratulation! So how did you two meet?

 

Well, umm we met through work. She own a brand and I work as a photographer for her fashion line.

 

Oh! Great. I'm glad you meet someone. I hope you are happy because you deserve that.

 

I think I am. So what about you? What's new? Did you meet someone?

 

Well, you know me. I'm not into a serious relationship.
I date when I have time, that's all.

 

I see. You've been strange lately. Is everything ok?

 

Strange? Why?

 

uhhh...You chatted me, because usually you don't. I mean it's been a long time.

 

I'm sorry for popping up like this. I just miss you, that's all.

 

Ohhh.... umm thanks. When are you visiting?

 

I don't know yet. Still have a lot to do here. How's your work anyway?

 

I see. I'm having an exhibition coming up soon.

 

Oh that's cool.

 

Yeah! Finally my first exhibition. I'm very excited about it.

 

I'm proud of you.

 

Thank you. I gotta run now.
Contact me when you come back here.
We could meet and catch up, you know as friend. :)

 

Yeah sure! We could do that. Bye Yul.

 

Bye Yoona!


And just like that my world has crumble. I wonder how am I still breathing. She called me 'Yoona' instead of 'Yoong'. That's hurt.


*

A few days later:


I should just forget it. I should move on like she did. I should meet someone and start over again, but my heart would never listen to my brain. The next thing I know, I'm on the plane back to SEOUL.

Seoul? Wow! It's been years since I came back here. Like 8 years something like that, but who's counting.

I secretly came back, so I'm not going to my family's home. I goes straight to the hotel. I booked a suited room for three weeks. Yes! I decide to stay here the whole vacation. I don't know what I'm trying to do, I just follow my heart.

I got inside my hotel room and I didn't even care to rest. I got change and go straight to the place that Yuri hold her exhibition. It's not hard for me to get the invitation. I rush to reach that place, I don't want to be late for Yuri's speech. I was in a rush to see her, but here I am in front of the entrance, trembling. Where did all my confident go? I'm Im Yoona for god sake. Why am I acting like this? I took a deep breath and calm down before stepping inside.

It isn't hard to spotted her. She looks stunning in that black strapless dress.


Author's pov:

Yuri is on stage, giving out her speech, but Yoona didn't hear anything. It's like the world around her has muted. Her focus is lock on that person on stage. Once Yuri's speech is done, she wanted to approach the girl. Yoona was hesitate, but she gather all her courage to walk to Yuri, but before she could reach the girl, she saw a girl wrapping her arms around Yuri and congrates her, and by the way Yuri smile and hug the girl back, is more than obvious that the girl is Yuri's girlfriend. Yoona feels her heart is wrenching. She thought her heart is already broken, but those broken pieces could still broke into tiny pieces. Could she even still mended that broken heart someday? or is it going to burn to ashes? Yoona turn on her heels and want to escape the place because she feels suffocated. Before she could leave she bump into someone and her phone fall on the ground.

"I'm sorry!" Yoona uttered while trying to pick up her phone, but that person beat her to it.

"Are you ok?" The girl asked and hand her the phone. Yoona took the phone and look at the girl.

"I'm ok. Thank you and sorry again." Yoona smile appologetically.

"OMG! Are you Im Yoona?" The girl asked. Great! Now someone even regconize her. Yoona just want to bury herself 6 feets under the ground when she heard that husky voice calling her name.

"Yoona?" Yoona wince and bite her lips before take a deep breath and turn to the voice calling her name.

"Hi Yuri! Long time no see!" Yoona tried to put up a smile, but she fail the moment she saw Yuri still wrapped in her girlfriend's arm. It's like Yuri knew that she was looking at her waist, the girl immediately get out of the arm of her girlfriend and walk toward her.

"Oh my god Yoona! You came!" Yuri smile excitedly as she approached Yoona.

"So I'm right! You really are Im Yoona." The girl beside Yoona talked again, and Yoona turn to her and smile politely.

"Yes I am. Nice to meet you Miss?"

"I'm Krystal. Krystal Jung. I'm working with my sister for her fashion line." Krystal said and turn to Yuri. "How did you know her unnie?" Krystal asked making Yuri flustered to find answer, so Yoona beat her to it.

"Oh we were friend back in high school."

'Friend? Is that all we are? Are you still ashame to let people know that we were in relationship?' Yuri thought sadly.

"Wow Yuri! You never tell me you are friend with the renowed fashion designer." Yuri's girlfriend came and join in the conversation.

"Oh It's been a long time since I see Yoona. That's why I never tell you about it. Yoona! here is Jessica Jung, CEO of the fashion line 'Blanc & Eclare'." Yuri introduced.

"Nice to meet you CEO Jung. I've heard a lot about your brand."

"You can just call me Jessica. And I really hope we could have some collaboration in the future, my sister here is also a designer, she just graduated from paris not long ago." Jessica said.

"I'm really looking forward to work with you someday. You were my role model Yoona-shi!" Krystal said excitedly.

"Well I'm looking forward to it in the future too, but today I just want to enjoy Yuri's exhibition. We could talk about work some other time." Yoona tried to smile politely at the Jung Sisters.

"Sure! We will leave you two friends to catch up then! Come on Krystal." Jessica said and left with Krystal to give Yuri and Yoona some space.

The two suddenly turn quiet. No one talks. They didn't know where to start.

"uhh is your phone ok?" Yuri starts the conversation.

"Oh well! It's broken. I'll have it replace tomorrow. Your girlfriend is beautiful." Yoona said and Yuri was a little flustered.

"Well thanks. Do you need help? I mean with your phone."

"No it's ok. I still speak korean, you know." Yoona tried to joked. "umm it's awkward isn't it?"

"Yeah a little bit. Do you want to walk around and look at my work?"

"A personal tour from the photographer herself? I would love that." Yoona smile and follow Yuri around the studio.

After walking around they ended up at the one of the Yuri's highlight photo. Yoona pause on her track once she saw the picture. Yuri was also froze on her spot. She has totally forgot about that photo. Yoona wasn't suppose to see that.

It was the photo of a girl sitting at the end of the dock while looking out at the blue sea. The photo make you feel a lot of emotion when you look at it, but what stopped Yoona from looking away from that picture is not because of the view or whatever that photo have to offer, it's because it was her in that photo. Yoona was surprise, but not in a bad way. If Yuri is putting her photo up for her exhibition, not to mention it was the highlight of the show, does that mean she still has a part in Yuri's heart?

Yoona bite her lips to stop herself from smiling at the slight hope she has. She turn to Yuri who avoiding her eyes, but before she could talk, she was interrupt by the Jung sisters.

"Yuri unnie, are you sure you don't want to sell that photo? I really want that though. Can't you just sell me that? I'm willing to pay for it." Krystal whined.

"Stop it Krystal. This is Yuri's first inspiration, She wants to keep it. Stop bugging her already." Jessica scold her sister.

"But unnie..."

"Tell me why you want to buy it Krystal?" Yuri curiously asked.

"I don't know. I like that girl in the photo. Who is she anyway? Do you know her?" Krystal question makes Yuri glance at Yoona who anticipated her answer.

"No I don't know her. She was just happen to be in my view." and she immediately regret answering Krystal when she saw Yoona's hopeful eyes turn into something she didn't know maybe 'sadness' she's not sure, but Yoona turn away and avoid her eyes.

"Umm Yuri? I should go. It's great to meet you again and congratulations on your exhibition. I guess I'll see you again before I go back to new york."

"Oh.. You're leaving? Umm Can you leave me your number? We should meet up for dinner or something."

"Umm my phone's broken. Just give me your card. I'll call you." Yoona said, and Yuri immediately give Yoona her name card, but she already know that Yoona might never gonna call her, that's why she prefer not giving her phone number. What kind of person who doesn't remember their phone number?

"See you around Yoona!"

"See you! Good bye Jessica-shi and Krystal-shi!" Yoona politely said good bye to the sisters and the two did the same.


*

2 days later:

Yoona went to pick up her phone after it's fixed. She then walk around and end up coming back to the studio that Yuri held the exhibition. She decide to go inside and take a look at that photo once again.

Yoona stood in front of that photo of herself and she couldn't help but remember that day.

Flashback:

Yoona happily sat down on the dock while looking out at the beautiful sea while waiting for Yuri to come and join her. That was their first vacation together. Their relationship was still in an early stage back then. The two was still shy around each other. And it was the first time that Yoona date a girl instead of boys. She thought it was weird, but it just feel so right once they share their first kiss.Yuri's lips was soft and sweet. She couldn't get enough. She become addicted to Yuri's kiss.

They decide to go to the beach for Yoona's birthday. Yoona was still lost in her thought when she heart the snapping sound of the camera. Yoona immediately turn around and her lips broke into a loving smile when she see Yuri. Yuri smile satify at the photo she took and walk to sit down next to Yoona.

"You know you can't just take a picture of someone without their permission." Yoona said and Yuri just chuckle.

"I can't help it. You and that view just look perfect together." Yuri said and intertwined thier finger together.

End of flashback


"Cheesy.." Yoona uttered to herself and smile at the memory.

"Yoona?" Yoona heard her name and she already knew who is calling her. She turn around to find Yuri looking puzzled at her.

"H-hi!"

"hi!"

"I didn't know you are here. I just want to take a look around again since there are less people today."

"I see. You don't want me here?" Yuri asked.

"Aniyo. It's not like that. I thought you would be here only on the first day."

"Well I'm free today, so I came. You said you'd call."

"Sorry! I just got my phone back today."

"Ok. Umm Yoona?"

"Yes?"

"I uhh I'm sorry for using that photo without your permission." Yuri said and Yoona can't help but think that Yuri still remember what she said back then.

"Oh uhh it's ok. No one can regconize that it's me anyway. But may I ask why did you chose it as your highlight's photo?"

"Well, you know that photo remind me about a lot of happy memories." 'with you'.

"I see."

"Umm I'll let you look around then." Yuri said as they ran out of thing to talk, but Yoona didn't want to waste a chance to be alone with Yuri.

"Wait Yul!" Yoona blurted out the nickname making Yuri heart beats fast. That nickname came out of Yoona's lips is still the sweetest thing she ever heard.

"Yeah?"

"Umm If you are free today, do you want to have dinner with me?" Yoona bravely asked.

"yeah sure!" Yuri happily accepted. She looks at the time and it's still early. "Umm Do you want to go on a drive before dinner? It's still a little early."

"Yeah I'd love to." Yoona is more than glad to go wherever Yuri takes her.

Yuri decide to drive Yoona around the city and Yoona silently enjoy her company.

"It's been a long time since you came back right?"

"Yeah.. Around 8 years I guess."

'Yes 8 years since we broke up.' Yuri thought.

"Are you staying with at your family's house?"

"No. I'm staying at Four Seasons Hotel. My family didn't know I'm here."

"Oh why?"

"I didn't talk with my family for a while now and I don't really want to spend my vacation with them. I'll just see them before going back i think."

"Okay. How long are you going to stay then?"

"Around 3 weeks. I have to go back and prepare for winter fashion line."

"I see. Umm You should come back more often."

"I don't know. I mean, there is no reason for me to come back."

"Then what make you come back this time?"

"Well, I heard about your exhibition, so I want to pay a visit." 'and I miss you.'

"Jinja?" Yuri asked as she was surprise that Yoona came back just for that.

"Y-yeah.. I want to show my support."

*ring ring*

They were interrupt by Yuri's phone. It was a call from Jessica. Yuri was driving so she pick up on bluetooth mode, and Yoona could also hear it.

"Yeoboseyo!"

"Hey babe! Where are you?"

"Hi Sica! I'm driving right now. I bump into Yoona at the studio and we decide to have dinner together."

"Oh jinja? I was about to ask you to join me and Krystal for dinner."

"Oh.. Umm I... Let me ask Yoona first." Yuri said and look at Yoona who just nodded to tell her that she's fine with it. "Sica?"

"Yes."

"Yoona said she's fine with it, so where do you want to meet?"

"Great! Let's go to your favorite steak house then."

"Okay! We'll see you there."

"See you babe!" Sica said and hung up.

"Are you sure you are ok to have dinner with Sica and Krystal? I mean, I don't want you to feel burden."

"No it's ok. I don't mind. But if you feel bad about it, then spend a weekend with me before I go back." Yoona said casaully.

"Dae?" Yuri was surprise and Yoona just laugh. "Ohhhh it was a joke?"

"No! I'm serious. Wae? Are you scared of me?"

"Aniyo!"

"That's a 'yes' then." Yoona smile truimpantly that Yuri fell for it. She wants to spend some quality time with Yuri. She miss her deeply and maybe a weekend away with Yuri might make her feel better.

Yuri didn't say anything. That's because she also wants to spend some times with Yoona too. She miss Yoona a lot. she thought she has moved on, but the moment she saw the doe eyes girl, all the memories rushing back like the adrenaline rushing through her mind.

She knows what they had was in the past and she got hurt a lot because of Yoona, but maybe this is what she need. Spend a little time with Yoona so that they could find closure because they broke up so abruptly and Yoona just leave while she's still deeply in love with her. Now that Yoona is here close to her, she wanted to enjoy her company once last time, maybe that's how it should be.

"I'll clear my schedule this weekend. Tell me where you want to go." Yuri said after a long thought and Yoona's heart is fill with joy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter