Miracle 1

YOONYUL ONE SHOT COLLECTION
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

People work hard to fulfill their goal and desire, but not anyone could achieve everything they wish for. Some of them are lucky to be born with talent, but that is not enough, they still have to work as hard as they could to finally achieve it. And one of them is the young women footballer Kwon Yuri.

Yuri is still 19 years old, but she practically achieve everything in her life. She became the youngest female player who play for the national team at the age of 16, and there are a lot of club who want to sign her, but Yuri's father decide to let her finish her education in Korea before making the move to play for those big club out there.

When she become 18 and graduated from high school, she finally got the permission from her father to get out to the world and show off her skill. Yuri choose Barcelona FC and the fan are very excited especially Korean fan are very proud of her.

Yuri was able to show off her skill for one year and help them win a lot of prize that year and she was loved by all of her team mate, but life isn't always beautiful isn't it?

Yuri got into a car accident when she was on vacation in Los Angeles. She was driving her new Maserati Modena along the shore by herself. She was going to meet up with her friend Tiffany and Jessica at Tiffany's beach house, but a car suddenly ran into her and make Yuri's car turn around for a few times. Yuri was lucky that her roof is not open. She was rushed to the hospital and was lucky enough to make it out alive.

Yuri woke up a week later and freak out when she couldn't move her legs. Her parents could barely look at her in the eyes. Her mother couldn't stop crying when Yuri start bawling her eyes out when she realize what really happen. Her coach was there and try to encourage her that she will be ok. The doctor also try to convince her that she will be able to walk again if she put her effort and get into rehab, but Yuri didn't believe any of it.

The Yuri who used to be excited like a kid whenever she got to touch the ball, never want to see the ball again. She refuse to see her coach, her teammate and all her other friends except Tiffany and Jessica. She become emotionless and cold toward everyone. She stop talking and only stare off the window from the moment she wakes till she fell asleep. She even tried to kill herself once when her mother leave her to relx in her bath tub, since then her parents never left her alone.

Her parents decide to bring her back to their home in Korea. Yuri still refuse to go anywhere. She lock herself inside her room, and she cry herself to sleep every night.

The first 3 months her mother was there to take care of her, but her parents still have a business to run, they often have to go on business trip but since Yuri is not well, her father have to do it alone, but now Yuri assured them that she won't do stupid thing again and they don't have to keep an eyes on her anymore, but her parents could never trust her enough to leave her alone. They decide to hire a nurse to help them take care of Yuri full time and keep an eyes on her while they are not home.

Yuri refused, but eventually give in when her mother beg her to accept it.

"Fine I'll do as you want, but if I don't like her you have to fire her." She said, and her mother nodded and smile.

"If you don't like the first one, we will find you the one that you feel comfortable with." Mrs Kwon said and caress her daugter's hair lovingly.

But truth is Yuri think that she will never feel comfortable with someone else beside her mother. And Mrs Kwon knows her daughter best.

"The nurse will just stay here, so that she could help you whenever you need. If you don't want anything, she won't force you to do it. And about bath time, Omma will do it. So don't worry okay?" She said assuringly and hug Yuri.

Yuri just nodded and enjoy the warm hug from her mother.

"When will she coming?"

"Tomorrow morning. Wae? Are you excited to meet your new nurse?" Her mother joked.

"Aniyo."

"Alright alright! Go to sleep now. Oh right, I think you will feels comfortable around her. She is your age."

"What? How can someone become a nurse at 19 years old?"

"She's still in nursing school, but it's summer break now, so she need a job during summer." She explain and Yuri nodded and stop talking.

Mrs Kwon smile because it's the first time in a while that she had a conversation longer than 5 minutes with Yuri.

"Good night baby." She said and turn off the light.

*

The next day:

Yuri wake up when she hear her bedroom door open.

"Omma?" Yuri rub her eyes sleepily.

"Oh Yuri! You are still sleeping? Do you want me to come back later?"

"Aniyah.. It's ok." Yuri said and saw someone behind her mother which she assume to be her nurse.

"Ok then, here meet Yoona. She's going to be your nurse and take care of you from now on. Come on Yoona, introduce yourself."

"Anneyeonghaseyo! Miss Kwon, My name is Im Yoona. I'm a nursing student and I will be taking care of you from now on, so don't hesitate to ask me with anything." Yoona said and bow politely at Yuri. Yuri didn't know if it's because her room is too hot or she couldn't see well, but that nurse looks like she was blushing, and Yuri couldn't stop staring at her.

Her mother saw the cold reaction on her daughter's face, she tried to light up the mood.

"You don't have to be so polite Yoona-ah. Yuri here is also the same age as you."

"Ah dae! Umm if Miss Kwon doesn't mind."

"She won't. Right Yul?" Her mother turn to ask her and Yuri finally caught herself staring at her beautiful nurse.

"Dae?"

"Are you still sleeping Yuri-ah? I said that you don't mind Yoona treat you like a friend right? You two are the same age anyway."

"But she's not my friend." Yuri blurted out which make the situation get even more awkward.

"Hahaha... Don't mind her Yoona. Come on, I'll show you around and here is Yuri's schedule."

"Omma!"

"Wae?"

"I don't have schedule. I stay in bed all day. I'm disable. Remember?" Yuri said out blankly making it even more awkward for Yoona.

"Yoona! Can you wait for me outside for a moment?"

"Dae Mrs Kwon!"

Once Yoona left, Mrs Kwon approached Yuri.

"Yuri-ah! You are not a disable. You just need time to heal. and I believe that you will be able to walk again soon. I'll never give up on you, so don't you dare give up on yourself." Mrs Kwon eyes getting teary again and Yuri know that she shouldn't have hurt her mother like that.

"I'm sorry Omma."

"It's ok. So what do you think about Yoona?"

"I uhh I don't know."

"Really? Why do you stare at her for so long?"

"What? I wasn't staring. I'm just observing."

"Well I hope you like her. She is nice and polite. She will take care of you well."

"You said it like you know her for so long."

"That because I know her." Mrs Kwon said and it gets Yuri's attention.

"How?"

"Her mother working for our company for a long time."

"Ohhh Okay."

"Alright. I'll go and show Yoona around and tell her what to do. Wait here a little bit. She will come and help you wash your face and get change."

"Omma, can't you just do it for me today?"

"You can't escape it forever Yuri-ah. She will just help you wash your face. I will help you with the bath when I come back this evening."

"What? Where are you going?"

"There is an event at the company, I have to be there with your Appa. Be a good girl okay? Just tell Yoona what you want to eat for your meal. I heard she could cook well too."

"I'm not hungry." Yuri said and turn her back at her mother.

Mrs Kwon just sighed and left the room to give Yoona the instruction for her first day.

Yuri was sulking until she heard the knock on her door. She didn't respond and the knock came again. She thought that if she didn't respond, maybe Yoona will go away, but Mrs Kwon already tell Yoona about Yuri's emotion and how she will behave, and she also give Yoona permission to try and get close to Yuri.

Yoona open the door and approched Yuri who lay on the bed with her back facing the door.

"Miss Kwon?" Yuri heard Yoona's voice and open her eyes. "Let me help you washing up and get change." Yoona said, but Yuri didn't budge. She was hoping that Yoona would go away, but Yoona didn't. She sat on a chair next to Yuri's bed and wait.

Yuri didn't hear anything, so she turn around and see Yoona sitting next to her bed and smile at her when their eyes met.

Yuri eyes went wide when she got caught. Yoona chuckled. 'she's so cute.' Yoona thought. She was a fan of Yuri. She always skip class to see Yuri play whenever Yuri have a match. So the moment Yuri got into accident, Yoona was very sad. The moment her mother told her about the job, Yoona didn't even need a second to think. She immediately accept it.

"*clear throat* I uhh I don't want to wash up." Yuri said.

"Then I'll bring your breakfast here."

"I'm not hungry."

"Then what do you want to do?"

"I don't want to do anything."

"Okay then." Yoona said and stay in her place.

"You don't have to stay here."

"It's my job. You don't have to mind me. I'll not make any sound." Right at that moment, Yuri's stomach start growling, making Yuri blush and turn away.

"Umm..."

"Just tell me what you want to eat. I'll make it for you." Yoona said and smile at her again.

"Why do you keep smiling like that?" Yuri blurted out.

"Dae?? Uhhh do you hate it? I will stop smiling then."

"No it's not like that. It just... uhh It's distracting." Yuri said it like a whisper but Yoona heard it. She couldn't stop herself from smiling.

"I'm sorry."

"You can cook whatever you want. I have nothing in mind."

"Okay then. I'll be back soon." Yoona said and left to bring breakfast for Yuri.


15 minutes later, Yoona came back with the tray of food.

"I made you a club sandwich. I hope you like it." Yoona said but Yuri didn't respond.

Yoona put the food on the coffee table in Yuri's room and walk toward Yuri. She put the wheel chair next to Yuri's bed and help her get on it. Yoona put Yuri's arm over her shoulder while her arm wrap securedly around Yuri's waist and help her move to sit on the wheel chair.

"Ummm...."

"Yes Miss Kwon?"

"I uhhh... I need to use the bathroom." Yuri said embarrassingly.

"Oh sure!" Yoona said and push Yuri inside the bathroom.

"I can do it myself. You can wait outside." Yuri said and Yoona know that Yuri need her privacy. Yuri somehow get used to help herself with going to the bathroom because she didn't want to burden her mother all the time.

"Just call me if you need help." Yoona said and Yuri nodded.

After 5 minutes, Yuri push herself out of the bathroom and saw Yoona sitting on the couch waiting for her. Yoona adjust the table to make it comfortable for Yuri to eat.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." And Yoona smile at her again. As Yoona sat there anticipate for Yuri first bite at her sandwich, Yuri couldn't help but feel shy when someone just sit there watching her eat her food.

"Umm you are not eating?"

"Oh I already ate before coming here."

"Okay." Yuri said and take her first bite. She didn't expect it, but Yoona's sandwich is actually taste good.

Yoona was so happy when she saw the satisfy look on Yuri's face as she enjoy her food.

"So umm what do you want to do after breakfast?" Yoona asked making Yuri look at her ridiculously.

"I uhh.. I usually stay in bed."

"The weather is good today, why don't we go for a walk?" Yoona suggested.

Yuri really have no plan to do anything else beside stay in bed and staring out the window.

"Umm I don't feel like going out." She tried to politely decline. Truth is Yuri was scared at how people will look at her. She feels embarrassed.

Yoona caught on. She decide to take it slow and not forcing Yuri to go out with her.

"Ok. How about stay in the garden and enjoy the sun?"

"Umm well we could do that." Yuri finally give in.

After breakfast, Yoona help Yuri wash her face and she even comb Yuri's hair for her. It's funny how Yuri never let anyone else touch or see her beside her mother since the accident, but she easily let this stranger come close to her and enter her private space. Yoona doesn't really feel like stranger. It's weird but good weird so Yuri doesn't mind.

They spend their morning sitting inside Yuri's huge garden and enjoy the sun light. Yoona could notice a small smile on Yuri's face.

"Do you read?" Yoona ask out of sudden and Yuri just shoke her head.

"I only spend time playing football whenever I have free time, so...." Yuri trail off. She was always inside her garden playing football whenever she doesn't have school.

"Don't worry!" Yoona said and put her hand on Yuri's hand. "You will be able to play again." Instead of take Yoona encouraging word, Yuri feels even more sad.

"I want to take a nap." Yuri said coldly. She tried to build a wall again. Yoona regret saying those words, knowing how sensitive Yuri could be.

"I uhh I'm sorry."

"Please take me to my room." Yuri asked, and Yoona took her to her room.

Once they are inside the room, Yuri lied down on the bed and pretend to sleep. Yoona knew, but she decide to give Yuri the space she needed.

Yuri fell asleep all afternoon and skip her lunch. Yoona saw her sound asleep so she didn't want to wake her up. Maybe a good nap could make Yuri feels better. Yoona decide to prepared snack for Yuri and give it to her when she wake up. She made Tobokki for Yuri since Mrs Kwon said that it's her favorite snack. Yoona smile satisfy with the tobokki that she made. After she's done, Yoona goes back to Yuri's room and saw Yuri's eyes open and stare blankly at the ceiling.

Yuri heard the door open and she knew it's Yoona, but she keep her eyes on the ceiling.

"Umm Miss Kwon?"

"Are there a lot of people like me out there?" Yuri asked out of sudden.

"Yuri-" Before Yoona could say anything, Yuri continue.

"What do people think when they see a cripple like me? Will they give me pitiful eyes but feel relieve that it wasn't them?"

"It's not like that Yuri. Stop thinking like that. Why would you care about what other people think?"

"Because I am useless now. I have nothing better to do. I spend my days looking out the window and not being able to do anything beside being a burden to my parents. My mom must be so fed up with me. She couldn't go out because of me. She have to hire someone to keep me company. You know what? You are wasting your time Yoona."

"I'm your nurse Yuri. I'm here to take care of you because you are sick. You are not a burden. You just need time to heal and you will get better. You just need to put in your effort."

"It's useless. I can't feel anything."

"Because you keep telling yourself that. How can you not believe in yourself when so many people out there believe in you?"

"How do you know? You are just saying that to make me feel better, aren't you?"

"No i'm not. Your fan are praying for you. They want to see Kwon Yuri stand back on her feet again. They still believe in you, your parents and your friends too. You can't just give up on yourself like that." Yoona said honestly and Yuri has no come back after she heard what Yoona said.

It became silent until Yuri start talking again.

"I'm hungry."

"Oh I made you Tobokki. Stay here. I'll go and bring it."

"No! I'll eat at the table."

"Okay. Let me help you." Yoona asked and Yuri didn't protest and let Yoona help her.
*

A week later:

Since their last conversation about Yuri's leg, Yuri didn't talk or show much interest of talking to Yoona, but she got used to the girl present. Every morning Yuri would be wake up early and wait for Yoona to come into her room and help her wash up, then cook her break fast, lunch, then accompany her in the garden when the weather is good, cook her dinner and she even let Yoona help her with the bath.

Yoona on the other side, was glad that Yuri accept her help. Everyday she always go to bed thinking about seeing Yuri the next morning.

"Yuri-ah!" Yuri heard her name was called but she immediately disappointed that it's her mom instead of Yoona.

"Dae Omma!"

"Omma and Appa, has an urgent meeting with our share holder in US. We have to fly off today and stay there for a few days. Will you be okay staying here alone with Yoona? She agree to sleep over and take care of you while we are away."

"Dae? Sleeping over? Yoona will sleep over at our house?"

"Yeah, if you are okay with it. If not, Omma will stay with you okay?"

"No omma, it's ok. Appa needs you. I'll be fine with her."

"Jinja? ehhh you seems to like her a lot, don't you?"

"What?? ummm I don't hate her."

"Aww... Omma just
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter