An Old Friend...

Someday

 

It’s now been a week since they (2ne1 and Taeyang) left for Japan and you haven’t heard any of them yet especially HIM. ‘Maybe they’re really busy there. Oh well.’ But then you remembered his words. You shook your head to get you back to reality and thought, ‘What am I thinking?! Of course it was just he’s way of teasing me. No more, no less. Could you now stop thinking about him?!’ as you walk towards your bedroom. It’s also been a week now that you’ve been hanging out with GD, he’s been taking you to places you haven’t gone yet and you had fun every time. There was a time when you were drinking a hot choco in your kitchen when you suddenly thought of him and the fun things that you did together. But then also, you can’t stop but think of Taeyang, on how you missed him so and by that made you confused on how you felt about him. ‘Why is this happening to me?’ was the question that kept on circling in your mind these days.

Today, you had the morning your day off well until 6pm. GD can’t hang out with you for he needs to finish he’s recordings first but he never fails to check up on you through calling or texting. After a while, you opened your laptop and checked your mail = you had a message. It was from your American best friend, telling you that she’s on her way to visit you and would like you to pick her up at around 4pm in which you agreed. After you sent your message, you received a tweet from Minzy saying, (M = for Minzy) and (Y = for you)

M: Unnie! It’s been months since I last saw you!
Y: Been waiting for your tweet!^^Mingkki, it’s just a week..kekeke
M: Well, that’s what I feel unnie! I miss you!
Y: I miss you too! All of you!

You exchanged tweets for about an hour now, talking about the updates of each other when she said goodbye because they still need to prepare. Then another tweet showed up on your screen saying, “How are you?”, your eyes widened when you saw that it was from Taeyang. You didn’t know how to respond so you just stared at his tweet but after a while, you received a private message. (T = for Taeyang)
T: I was serious in what I said at the airport. It wasn’t a joke,
But you still didn’t respond. Then another message showed up.
T: I miss you so much!
Then it seemed like your fingers has a mind of their own and started typing.
Y: I miss you too..
T: Really?! *hugs* I really wanna hug you for real!
Y: Oppa, don’t be like this please..
T: I just being true. Don’t want to hide it anymore.
Y: You’re making me awkward..
T: I’m sorry. I want to talk to you privately when I get back.
Y: You’re making me confused..
T: Please let me _______ [still a secret guys]


That was his last tweet and like what he said at the airport, his last tweet also got itself stuck in your mind and you just can’t take it off whatever you do. So you made yourself sleep to rest your mind.

 

You woke up at around 3pm, took a shower and dressed yourself feeling excited for your friend’s arrival. You also asked Dara’s permission to use her car for a while to pick up your friend and tour her around Seoul in which she agreed. As you were driving yourself to the airport, the radio station you were listening to played Taeyang’s “I need a girl” that made you remember everything again, “Aish! Good timing! Thank you huh!”, you said to the radio. Few minutes till 4pm, you arrived at the airport and waited for your friend. As the clock strikes at 4, you heard the plane land so you got on your feet and went near the waiting area. After a while, you saw a lot of people coming out so you searched for your friend. Couple of minutes passed, you saw her standing at a corner also searching for someone and that someone is YOU. You ran towards her while calling out her name, “Hey Alyson! Right here!”, then both of you hugged while saying that you missed each other.

 

 

As you were on your way to the car, she was admiring the buildings the stores just on view. You helped each other in putting her luggage in the car then buckled up and you started to drive.

“Btw, don’t you have work today?” she asked.
“I’m free till 6pm.” You said and smiled.
“It’s been 5years since we last saw each other. I missed you so!”
“I missed you too! Uhmm, you’re staying at the apartment.”
“Huh? Its okay (your name), just drop me off at a hotel.”
“Nope. You’re staying at the apartment. Hyo Joo unnie told me to make you feel comfy.”
“Ate Hyo Joo said that? Wait, unnie? Is that how you say big sis here?”
“Yup!”
“So I’m suppose to call you unnie too?” she said chuckling.
“Y-eah..but no thanks! Stick to how you call me.” Them both of you laughed.

 

When you arrived at the apartment, you helped her unpack and toured her inside checking the clock every moment.

“So where do you work?” she started.
“At YGE.”
“No way! C’mon! Seriously?!” she said surprised and went towards you.
“I am serious.” Showing her a serious face.
“But that’s the company where your idols work, right?”
“You still remember?” you said with a smile.
“Of course! How can I forget?! You’re my best friend for crying out loud!”
“I thought you forgot some knowing your someone in Hollywood now.” You said as you hugged her, “I love you, Al!”
“I love you too! We would never forget everything about you! So keep us updated.” As she hugged you back.
“Thanks! And now you can sing.”
“Yup! And you always had that beautiful voice.”
“I’m happy you came to visit.”
“Me too! So what’s your work there?”
“2en1’s choreographer.”
“What?! So you’re even close to them?!”
“Yeah..you can say that.” You said shyly.

You talked about your work and 2ne1 for quite some time now and you even mentioned Taeyang and GD which made her more curious. She kept on asking you questions about the two guys and on how your closeness to 2ne1 started. You told her every detail and not missed any of it which made her more and more interested. You even mentioned what Taeyang told you and how it made you feel and also to how you feel whenever your with GD until you received a text from Teddy, “녹음이거의 끝나가요. 어디있는거니? (The recording's almost finished. Where are you?)”. you immediately stood up and told her you have to go and that you’re running late.

“I might be home a little late. Go to sleep first, ‘kay?”
“Nah. I’ll wait for you. Now, go!” she said pushing you through the door laughing.
“Aish!! You never changed.” As you smiled.
“Same goes to you, UNNIE!” then you both laughed upon hearing her say ‘UNNIE’


As you looked at your watch, it was almost 6pm so you bid her goodbye and drove your way to YGE building. You were called by Teddy to get your opinions in certain songs that he had composed as what he usually does when he found out your taste to music just a few weeks before. When you arrived, you immediately went to Teddy’s studio and was greeted by him when you came in. you saw that GD had just finished recording and concluded that you were just on time. You sat at the sofa and waited as Teddy was fixing some papers and GD was approaching you.

 

 

“So you’re working today?” he asked as he sat beside you.
“Nae. Teddy oppaa called for me.”
“Ahh..it’s 2ne1’s new songs.” He whispered to you.
“Jeongmal?!” you asked excitedly.
“Nae..”, then he suddenly hugged you saying, “I missed you!”
“Oppa, it was just 2days ago since we saw each other.” As you hugged him back.
“So you don’t miss me?” as he pouted.
“Ani, that’s not what I meant..hehehe..Aish oppa!”
“So you did miss me! Let’s go out tomorrow.”
“Sorry. Can’t. My friend just arrived.”
“Oh your American friend’s here already? Does she know us?”
“Yeah but she’s not a fan girl.”
“Then it’s safe! I’ll hang out with you guys. Well, after you had sometime of your own that is.” He said showing his cute smile.

You thought it was a good idea and you can’t say no to his smile so you agreed. Then he bid goodbye for he still needs to meet Mr. YG. Before he stepped out of the studio, he took a last look at you while you were now having your conversation with Teddy oppa. ‘How can you not feel it? What did Bae tell you to make him occupy your mind like this?’ he thought with sad eyes then he walked out.

After listening to some of the music…

“It’s nice oppa..”
“Nice? Okay, tell me what’s wrong.”
You just faked a smile.
“C’mon tell me. I know you quite well now as to how you treat music. I need your suggestion.” He said with determined eyes.
“Araseo oppa. I think that the we need to add up some notes to the chorus.” You said as you made your way to the organ and played some notes, “and put the last note of the chorus to the intro.”

 

The night went on as both of you did edits to some of his compositions. Teddy kept on getting your suggestions and both of you kept on editing and revising some of his songs.