Her

Puzzle of Love

 

Leaving Sungyeol all alone in the court, Myungsoo continued dragging you.

“Ya! Why didn’t you tell me that you were at least friends with him?!” Myungsoo blurted as his dragging abruptly ended.

“…I didn’t think that I’d have to?” you shrugged.

“Well—Oh,” Myungsoo paused. ‘Right… she didn’t have to tell me… I never asked her to tell me anyways… Ugh. What’s gotten in to me…’

“So… you dragged me all the way here, just to blurt out something like nonsense.” You concluded.

“Hey! This is so not nonsense.”

“Righhtt…” you sarcastically nodded.

“I was just—Just… I don’t know… I mean you and Sungyeol… were entering the room,” he said bitterly. “And I didn’t even know that the both of you were close enough to walk side by side or so…”

You raised an eyebrow at him.

“N-no! Don’t get me wrong!! I’m not jealous!!” He raised his hands up as if in surrender.

“…I wasn’t asking,” you mused.

‘Oh. Right,’ Myungsoo mentally did a face-palm.

“Anyways!” Myungsoo blurted. “I was just uneasy—er, I mean, startled to have found the both of you together… I mean, you confessed to him and you didn’t even let me know!!” he whined.

“That’s it?!” you furrowed your eyebrows. “You actually dragged me all the way here to blurt out something totally unexpected and ridiculous. Not only that, but you actually managed to whine about why the fxck I didn’t tell you this or that. Plus, here you are finally loosing it.”

“Wow,” he gaped. “You speak well… Nice speech.”

“Whatever,” you rolled your eyes. “And for the record, I didn’t confess.”

 “Oh!” Myungsoo’s eyes rounded as he felt both relief and humiliation. “You didn’t?!”

“Durh!” you nodded.

 “Oh,” he blinked. “Then I guess I’m—“

“Looking like a complete idiot right now.” You finished.

“Ya, is that how you treat your sunbae?!”

“Maybe~” you sang.

“Tss!” He lightly pushed your forehead. “You’re lucky that I’m kind,” he stuck his tongue out.

“…and by kind, you mean a snob.”

“Snob?!”

“Yeah, you're a snob. An ice prince too if possible. Either that or you're like L from death note,” you said briefly as you walked away back to the court to get your bag.

Amused, Myungsoo just stood there as he watched you walk away. Out of a sudden, he finally snapped out of his daze and started running after you. “Ya!” he called out. “You didn’t even say good bye yet!! Wait!!”

 **

Myungsoo was dragged away by his friends, while you were on your way home.

“Ya hyung,” Sungjong placed his hand on his shoulder. “What’s in your mind? You’ve been…Er…”

Strange lately,” Sungyeol finished as he eyed Myungsoo suspiciously.

“Huh?” He snapped out of his trance. “Oh, no. I’m just… just… tired.”

“You were sleeping in the court just earlier,” Dongwoo pointed out as he stopped rapping. “How does that make you tired?!” He chortled.

“Well,” Myungsoo yawned. “Let’s just say someone interrupted my slumber.” He eyed Sungyeol.

“Ya,” Sungyeol blurted. “Can we talk?”

Hearing those words from Sungyeol, the rest of INFINITE looked at each other confused.  

Were the both of them fighting?

Did they argue?

What happened?

Why is Sungyeol that way?

How come Myungsoo is like that?  

Thoughts like above crowded the rest of the boys’ mind as they stopped singing, rapping, conversing, strumming the guitar, dancing and playing the piano. Only awkwardness came to wander around their dorm.

“Sure,” Myungsoo said breaking the silence.

“Let’s go then,” Sungyeol stood up from his seat and went out the room. Myungsoo followed.

As soon as the two of them left, the rest of the boys were puzzled.

“What’s up with them?” Hoya blurted as his eyebrows furrowed.

“I don’t know…” Dongwoo said. “Girl problems, maybe?” He tried to joke, but the rest didn’t see through his humor.

“What if it is girl problems again…I remember how the two used to fight over—“

“Don’t say it,” Hoya blurted. “That girl caused us seven to fight. I didn’t like it, and I’m not even eager to hear her name anymore. Past is past.”

“But...What’s it today?” Woohyun asked.

“August 22…” Sunggyu answered as his heart beat accelerated.

“August?! Don’t tell me… she’s—”

“She’s coming back.”  Sungjong frowned.

**

“What do you want to talk about?” Myungsoo asked annoyed.

“What’s with the attitude? Are you angry?”

Myungsoo shook his head.

“Then what’s wrong?” Sungyeol asked. “You’ve been strange since what happened earlier…”

“No,” Myungsoo said firmly. “You’ve been strange since earlier. But anyways, what’s it that you want to talk about?”

Her,” Sungyeol said.

Myungsoo froze. “Which… ‘her’ are you talking about?”

“My ex-girlfriend…” he said. “And your love interest…”

Myungsoo kept guiet. “W-what about her?” he managed.

“Do you still…have feelings for her?”

“What happens if I do?”

“…I-I don’t know,” Sungyeol paused. “Do you think we’ll fight again?”

“Because of her?”

Sungyeol nodded.

“Well, I hope not. The last time we fought for Patricia…”

“The rest of INFINITE took sides and…”

“Our friendship was ruined.”

“But…she’s coming back remember?” Sungyeol said. “It’s August now…”

“Well… I can’t wait to see her,” Myungsoo whispered half-heartedly as he walked back to the dorm leaving Sungyeol.

‘So he still likes her…’Sungyeol thought.