What jealousy can do

Puzzle of Love

You and your friends were roaming around and your walking came to a halt as your eyes landed on him.

You saw Myungsoo, along with Sungyeol, with the rest of Infinite. Together, they were sitting on the campus fields jamming. Myungsoo was playing the guitar, while the rest of them either danced or sang.

A flashback of Myungsoo playing the guitar last time flashed into your mind. A knowing smile spread across your face as you grew further immersed into gazing at them—him.

"~~~~~~~-ah!" called Nana. "Balli!"

You snapped out of your trance and beamed, "Arasso arasso! Mian!"

Wearing an apologetic smile, you ran after your friends.

Meanwhile, Myungsoo grew further distracted playing the guitar the moment he saw you with your friends hanging out somewhere near the campus fountain. Seeing you smile and laugh along with them threatened his lips to smile.

"Ya hyung," Sungjong nudged him. "You've been playing the same chords all over again." He notified.

Myungsoo snapped out of his gaze, "Huh? Oh! Mian..." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

Sungjong furrowed his eyebrows at him and stared at his hyung suspiciously. He followed his previous gaze and grew further surprised at what he saw. Sungjong's eyes landed on your beaming face, and he grew suspicious to whereas how come his hyung was gazing at you.

Myungsoo on the other hand, ended up looking at Sungyeol who had his gaze fixed on you. A wide grin was plastered across his face. Seeing this, Myungsoo somehow felt the urge to stab something.

Before Myungsoo could draw Sungyeol's eyes away from you, he spoke.

"Ya Myungsoo," Sungyeol nudged him. "I'll just drink from the drinking fountain."

He stood up, and walked towards your way: near the water fountain.

Myungsoo grew surprised by his sudden action. He knew that Sungyeol didn’t just want to drink water. There was obviously something more than that. Before Myungsoo thought it was too late, he pushed the guitar off his lap and stood up.

“Ya,” he called out to Sungyeol. “Wait for me, I’ll go with you.”

Sungyeol blinked at Myungsoo who caught up with him.

“You don’t have to though,” Sungyeol said.

“Yeah,” Myungsoo waved the thought away. “But I’m already here.”

“Er…okay,” Sungyeol eyed him suspiciously. Warily, he began walking towards the drinking fountain.

‘Damn,’ he thought. ‘If Myungsoo isn’t here…I would be talking to ~~~~~~~ already.’

‘Am I just being paranoid to think that Sungyeol went all the way here just for her?’ Myungsoo pondered. 'Nah, I'm probably right...'

After Sungyeol’s refreshing drink, he wiped off the water from his mouth. He was reluctant into going back, but lucky for him, you were walking towards their direction. Seeing that, the two guys brightened.

You walked pass them to drink from the drinking fountain. After doing so, you paused seeing the two kingkas in front of you.

“Annyeong haseyo sunbaenim,” you bowed.

“Annyeong,” Sungyeol smiled brightly with his eyes fixed on you.

You turned to Myungsoo and grinned at him. He enthusiastically grinned back.

“You guys perform well,” you blurted with eyes on Myungsoo.

“For real?” Sungyeol perked up at the compliment. You nodded.

“Thank you,” he ruffled your hair. You beamed at him.

Soon, you and Sungyeol started conversing and Myungsoo grew further irked by the moment. Somehow, he didn’t like the way you two were interacting with each other. Moreover, he wasn’t pleased with how Sungyeol looks and smiles at you, the way how Sungyeol’s eyes twinkle when you’re around seemed to provoke Myungsoo the most.

“So when will you go straight to once class is over?” Sungyeol asked.

“Uhm,” you blew air into your cheeks. “I’ll probably head home.”

Sungyeol nodded. “Nice, maybe it’d be cool if I’ll walk you—“

“Okay,” Myungsoo interrupted. “Let’s go,” he dragged Sungyeol by the collar.

“Y-ya!” Sungyeol looked confused. “W-where are you dragging me to?!”

 Myungsoo just shook his head and ignored him. While dragging Sungyeol away, he bid you farewell. “Bye ~~~~~~~,” he waved nonchalantly.  

**

When Myungsoo finally kept Sungyeol away from you, he let him go.

“Ya!” Sungyeol hissed. “What was that about?!”

Myungsoo shrugged.

“Aish jinjja!” Sungyeol frustratedly clutched onto his hair. “Seriously?! What’s gotten into you to have dragged me away all the way here?!”

Myungsoo shrugged then fibbed,” I thought Sunggyu hyung called us.”

“Ya!” Sungyeol snapped. “Are you babo?! Sunggyu’s all the way there!” he pointed behind him.

“Oh well,” Myungsoo said nonchalantly. “My bad…”

Without any concern, Myungsoo walked back to class as if nothing had happened, and Sungyeol blinked at his friend’s abrupt peculiar behavior. 

 

_____

Don't you think Myungsoo's jealousy is cute? Haha! I seriously like how he's trying to purposely get in between you and Sungyeol. @-) LOL xD