I'm now your oppa

Puzzle of Love

 

You entered your classroom warily and gawked at the sight in front of you. You had only been gone for less than 3 minutes, yet now that you’re back, you have missed lots of notes.

“OTL,” your jaw fell open. “Oh no…”

“Yeah… Teacher erased what he has written earlier… “ Nana stated the obvious as she was still jotting down notes. You face-palmed thinking that you’ll fail in tomorrow’s quiz.

“Aigoo,” Nana nudged you. “It’s a’ight! I’ll let you borrow my notebook.”

You perked up. “For real?!” She nodded.

“Yeah. But return it before dismissal, or before the end of the day. You know where I live anyways, yeah?”

“Yeah,” you beamed. “Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Thank you!! Thank you so much!” You hugged her and she gently pushed you away.

“I know. I know I’m awesome, but I’m writing down notes at the moment so don’t touch me,” she chuckled.

“Tch!” You sarcastically rolled your eyes.

**

Meanwhile in the school’s library, you were immersed in jotting down the notes you have missed. You were sincerely grateful to Nana, cause if it wasn’t for her, you’d end up flunking tomorrows quiz. Though you aren’t a nerd, it won’t hurt caring about your grades right?

 “Ah~ Finally~” You stretched your arms as you finally completed your notes. “So,” you sighed. “What time—Oh shoot!” Your eyes rounded the moment you checked the time. It was already 7 minutes after dismissal, and for sure, Nana already went home.

You hastened the way you were fixing up your things and raced your way out of the library.

You raced out to the nearest exit of the school but due to your clumsiness, you left the zipper of your bag open.

As you ran down the stairs, your notebook and pencil case fell. Your running immediately went to a halt.

“Ugh…” you rolled your eyes and grunted as you sloppily bent down to get your things back.

You lazily picked up your notebook and dusted it off before you put it back in to your bag. Next, you reached out for your pencil case but someone else’s hand got it ahead of you. You were a second late.

You sighed and stood up.

“Hey,” Sungyeol lightly chuckled.

“H-hey…” you bowed.  “Er… Can I have it back…” You reached out for your pencil case but he held it away from you.

He raised it up high and smirked, “Next time, you should check the zipper of your bag before you run.”

“I know…” you sighed and lowered your head as you felt foolish.

“Aigoo…” Sungyeol smiled and put his hands on top of your shoulders then he spun you around until your back was facing him. He then placed your pencil case back in to your bag and closed the zipper. “There, all better.”

“...Thanks,” you sheepishly smiled.

“You’re welcome,” he grinned. “But… how come you’re still here?”

Oh, I was—Oh shoot!” You gasped as you remembered about Nana and returning her notes. “Oh… Sunbae, I have to return Nana her notes. Oh, and have you seen her by the way?” you blinked. “I-I’m sure you—“

“Nana?” Sungyeol tilted his head. “Your friend? The one who lives across the street? I mean, we’re neighbors so—Oh,” Sungyeol’s eyes rounded. “You have to return her her notebook…”

You nodded.

“I’ll walk you to her house then.” He offered.

“Oh! O-oh! N-no! Uh… It’s f-fine.” You felt your cheeks grow warmer.

“No, it’s fine. Really.” He beamed and you felt your knees grow weak. “I’ll walk you there. She lives across the street from my home anyways. So, yeah, Let’s go.” He patted your head lightly and led the way.

You were too awe-stricken to even move so you just stood there with your jaw dropped open.

 ‘Oh gods,’ you thought.‘He’s actually going to walk me home—I mean, to Nana’s home. I can’t believe he’s actually going to walk with me. We’re actually going to walk together. OTL What do I do?! I might get figured out on the way. I’m already hyperventilating inside of me… W-what if I—‘

“Hey, ~~~~~~~!” Sungyeol called. “You coming or what?” He chuckled.

“Er… I-I’m coming…” you managed.

As you kept up with him, you two began walking side by side.

Given the situation, you kept glancing at Sungyeol, and Sungyeol kept taking secret glimpses of you. As happy as he was that you were walking beside him, he failed to hide the wide grin that spread across his face.

“Why are you smiling like that?” You looked at him puzzled. He laughed.

“I also don’t know… It just… I’m just smiling. I don’t really know why.” He shrugged. “So, you have siblings?”

“Uhm… why?”

“Nothing,” he sighed. “I just… I’m fighting with my brother right now, so…yeah.” The cheerful expression on Sungyeol’s eyes faltered into a dull one.

“Your older brother? Or…younger brother?”

“Younger,” you can sense the pain in his voice. “I’m the eldest son actually.”

“Oh…” you nodded pretending that you didn’t know.

“Yeah…” He sighed then randomly kicked a small pebble lying on the sidewalk.

“So, what happened? Why are you and Daeyeol fighting?”

“I don’t really know why… He-he isn’t really telling me anything he’s just—wait, you know Daeyeol?” His eyes rounded in curiosity.

 “Er… yeah. We’ve met. Before. In school. Yeah.” You answered rather nervously.

“Hmm… I see,” he sighed. “Are you two close though?”

“Er… I-I… W-we’re… Well, what do you think?”

“Yeah,” he forced a laugh. “Stupid question, I’m sorry. Well, obviously you two aren’t… I mean, I don’t see you two together or anything… Sorry.”

“It’s okay,” you felt relieved.

“I wish we’ll get along soon…” he forced a smile.

“You two will,” you reluctantly patted his back. “You two are still brothers anyways. So even if you two fight, no matter how big the fight is, you two will still end up okay. It’s like that. It’s always like that…yeah?”

He faced you to express gratitude but his eyes ended up gazing deeply into yours, ‘H-her eyes are really…beautiful.’  He thought.

“S-sunbae?” you squeaked. “Helloo?”

“Oh,” he snapped out of the gaze. “S-sorry,” he flushed and sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

“Uh… yeah… It’s a’ight,” you blew air into your cheeks.

“Maybe you’re right.” Sungyeol blurted. “Sooner or later, Daeyeol and I will get along again.” He smiled genuinely as he had his eyes locked on you.

“Yeah,” you nodded. “You two will get along again. Trust me.”

“Thanks,” Sungyeol flashed you a warm smile.

“You’re welcome,” you grinned.

Suddenly, Sungyeol let out a light chuckle. You blinked at him puzzled.

“Waeyo?”

“You know,” Sungyeol blurted. “I look like I’m your oppa.” He chuckled.

“And…Why are you laughing? Is it that funny?”

“Ani,” he shook his head. “It’s just that you keep respecting me and calling me ‘sunbae’ so I find it rather different if people would think I’m your oppa.”

“Oohh… I see.”

“But you know,” he paused in front of you. “I wouldn’t mind if you’d call me that.”

“E-eh?” Your eyes rounded at his sudden action.

“I won’t mind if you’d call me oppa,” he smiled dearly and closed the mere distance between the two of you.

Dumb-founded, you just nodded for a response.

“Aigoo,” he lightly pushed your forehead. “Can’t you see it? I’m asking you to call me oppa. Tsk tsk tsk! You’re so slow!” He teased and ruffled your hair.

“A-ah! Mianhae… I d-didn’t really—“

“It’s a’ight.” He held up his thumb. “Just be sure not to call me sunbae anymore. From now on, I’m now your oppa.” He flashed you a smile. “Arrasso?”

You nodded with rosy pink cheeks, “Arrasso…”

“Good!” He ruffled your hair and pecked your forehead. Your eyes rounded. “We’re in front of Nana’s house already. Go return her notes,” He gently pushed you forward. “I’ll wait for you, so I can walk you home.”

“Er… oppa,” you blurted. “This isn’t Nana’s house…”

“Eh?” His eyes rounded.

“N-neh, It’s actually that one…” You pointed the light yellow house beside the vacant lot with a Guava tree.

“O-oh… Oh god.” He facepalmed. “I just humiliated myself.”

You laughed at his flaw. “Ani,” you shook your head. “You just made me laugh,” you teased.

“Ya! Is that how you treat your oppa?!”

You shook your head. “I was just playing~”

“Whatever.” He stuck his tongue out. “I’ll get you!” He rushed to you and tickled your sides.

“Y-ya!!” You laughed as you struggled to break free. “G-get away! Ya!! Stop!!”

“Arasso arasso.” He grinned. “Just go and return her notes fast so I can walk you home. Hurry.” He gently pushed you towards the right house.

“Arasso,” you grinned.

 

**

/Ding dong/

You rang the door bell, “Nana? It’s ~~~~~~~. I have your notes.”

“Oh!” Nana opened the door. “LOL I can’t believe I forgot about that,” she chuckled.

“Here,” you handed her her notes and smiled gratefully. “Thanks.”

“You’re welcome,” She replied but her eyes were on Sungyeol. “Why is he outside my house?” She blurted raising an eyebrow. “He brought you here?”

Your eyes rounded and you blushed terribly.

“Uh-huh,” Nana nodded. “I see.” She smirked. “Well, I have other things to do so good-bye. Have fun.” She winked and shut the door.

“Y-ya!” You banged the door. “What’s that for?!” you hissed.

“Let him walk you home!!” Nana hissed back. “I know you want that~”

You can sense her smiling. “Pfft! Whatever, I’m going now. Bye.”

“Bye~” Nana sang.

“Ugh, that girl she’s… I can’t believe her—“ “You done?” Sungyeol interrupted.

You nodded.

He smiled and ruffled your hair, “I’ll take you home then.”

"Is it necessary?" You grew awkward. "I mean-"

"Yes it's necessary. Don't brothers look after their sisters? I can't see why shouldn't I walk you home." He smirked.

"B-but" You stuttered.

“If you have no questions, let’s go." He flashed you the cutest smile. "I’ll walk you home,” He said then walked you out of their village then let you lead the way.

_____

Hey guise! <3 Sorry for the long chapter... T__T OTL I hope you guys didn't find it boring :< OTL ;AAA; So, how'd you like it? :D

Anyways, in the next chapter, look forward to reading about Myungsoo~ ;) <33 kkkk~