Out of all people...

Puzzle of Love

You’re eating lunch with your friends in the cafeteria.

“So, you okay now?” Trish asked.

“Yeah,” you nodded. “But I’m still on my damn period…” you grumbled.

Nana patted your shoulder, “Aww… It’s okay dude! It’ll be over soon~ But for the mean time, just let yourself suffer for a while.” She teased.

“Whatever,” you sarcastically rolled your eyes at her.

“So, how was the clinic?” Mia nudged you.

“Yeah, ~~~~~~~.  How was it?” Nana raised a brow.

Aware of them eyeing you suspiciously, you choked on your food. “W-what do you mean how was it?!” You panicked as you felt your cheeks grow warmer.

“Nothing,” Mia sang. “It’s just that—“

“When you went back to class…” Trish continued.

“…You had a huge smile on your face.” Nana finished.

“So,” they all raised a brow. “Spill it. Tell us what happened.”

“Okay okay!” you raised your hands in surrender. “Jeez, you people are—”

Before you could finish your sentence, Sungyeol—along with Myungsoo and the rest of Infinite—passed by your table.

Again, the both of you locked eyes. He smiled at you, and you bowed to him.

“Okay, what was that…” Mia shot you a puzzled look.

“You know him?” asked Nana.

“N-no!” you said. “Oh wait! I mean, yeah. Or… no! Well, I… don’t know.”

“But who’s he? You’re new love interest?” Trish teased.

“N-no!” you blurted.

“Then? Who is he?”

“…The guy I saw in the clinic,” you said softly as your cheeks were rosy pink.

“Ohh,” the four of them chorused. “I see,” Mia winked.

“…But,” Nana interrupted. “Didn’t you say that Daeyeol just confessed to you?”

“Hmm… yeah. Why?” you shot her a puzzled look.

“Nothing… I was just asking…” she said.

“Oh,” you blinked. “Okay.”

“But are you crushing on Sungyeol?”

So his name is Sungyeol! I was right! I heard right!’ you thought. ‘But… why does his name ring a bell? …It’s as if I heard it else where… Maybe—‘

“Hello? ~~~~~~~??” Nana snapped you out of your thoughts.

Oh, sorry. What again?”

“Are you crushing on Sungyeol?” she asked eagerly.

Without a word, you shyly nodded.

“I see what you did there,” Mia nudged you. “Yiee~”

“Wow, you just rejected a friend and end up crushing on some kingka. Tsk tsk tsk!” Trish teased.

Though Mia and Trish were happy about the fact you have a crush, Nana, however, didn’t find herself much pleased.

“You know,” she interrupted your laughter. “…you aren’t just crushing on any kingka…”

“Huh?” you tilted your head in confusion. “Why? What do you mean—“

“You’re crushing on Daeyeol’s older brother.”

“Mwo?!” The three of you chorused.

“Daeyeol’s older brother?!”

“Out of all people…”

“Oh my gosh, what is this black magic…”

“So,” Trish said. “What Nana's trying to portray is that, ~~~~~~~ rejected a close friend’s confession and ended up crushing on that close friend's ...older brother?!”

“Exactly,” Nana nodded.

“Oh gosh you’re in big trouble,” Mia muttered. "But...Wait!! Nana, how'd you know they're brothers?"

"Neighbors, remember?" Nana said professionally. "That's how we all met Daeyeong."

Feeling utterly guilty, you just stayed silently seated as you felt your heart race nervously. 

OTL what have I gotten myself into… Out of all boys I can crush on… why his older brother?! Sheesh! No wonder his name sounded way too familiar!!’  you thought as you mentally face-palmed yourself.