Uncertainty

Puzzle of Love

 

“It’s annoying you know?” Patricia blurted. “Just when I’m starting to like him, he’s starting to slip away.”

“Icia,” Gabrielle lightly patted her shoulders. “Don’t over think. Maybe he’s just…not used to your attention?”

“You’re not doing anything to make me feel better you know.”

“Yeah,” Gabrielle nodded. “But it’s your fault. Who uses people to get their ex jealous?”

“I’ve seen a lot.” She shrugged.

“But that doesn’t mean what you’re doing is right. You gotta know your limits you know? Stop using L. He has feelings too.”

“So do I! I also have feelings! And if I didn’t,” she paused. “I don’t think I’d be confused by now. I mean, I think I’m starting to like him too…”

“Well good,” Gabrielle argued. “Then he won’t get hurt.”

“But…That’s not what I’m scared of,” Patricia said.

“Then what?”

“I think…I’m the one going to be hurt.” She said. “Not him, but me.”

“So all this time, it’s still about you,” Gabrielle raised a brow. “You know Patricia, you’ve just got to stop this. It can’t always be about you and who you like or what you like.”

“But it’s true! I might be the one who’ll get hurt!” she quarreled. “I don’t think he still likes me.”

“Well, good!” Gabrielle stood up. “He’s finally woke up to his senses.”

 

**

 

You and your friends are hanging out in Nana’s house. “So,” Nana blurted. “Who wants to play…Truth or Dare!”

“I!” You, Mia, and Trish raised your hands in unison.

“Alright!” Nana grinned. “But first…who has a pen?”

“Here,” you handed her yours.

“Thanks,” Nana smiled. “Do you guys mind if I start first?” The rest of you shook your heads.

“Okay, I’ll start.” Nana spinned the pen and all of you waited until the pen finally landed on…you.

“Truth or Dare?” They asked.

“There’s nothing to be dared, so truth.”

“Okay,” Nana rubbed her hands and asked: “Who do you really like?”

You laughed, “But you guys already know that!”

“Nope, no we don’t.” Mia shook her head. “We don’t know who you truly like.”

“Well,” you crossed your arms. “Then let me clarify. I like…” you paused. The moment you were about to answer Sungyeol’s name, Myungsoo’s faced flashed in to your mind.

“Who?” Trish’s sudden question snapped you out of your trance.

“I like…Sungyeol,” you said with an obvious trace of uncertainty. You were wondering why the truth sounded so wrong. Immediately, you and your friends began doubting your answer.

“You sure…?” Mia raised a brow.

You paused. You knew more than anything that you weren’t. You knew that even you doubted yourself.

She’s not,” Nana said. “There’s a huge hint of uncertainty. It’s written all over her face.”

“I can see that too,” Mia smirked. “I knew she liked Myungsoo!”

Hearing his name made you snap out of it again. “What about Myungsoo-oppa?”

“Myungsoo-oppa,” Trish giggled. “You call him oppa already? Nice.”

“You like him, don’t you?” said Mia.

“You’re seriously asking that?” Nana blurted. “The answer’s obvious. She does like him.”

“No, I don’t!” you argued.

“It took you long to respond~” Mia sang.

“Well,” you had your chin up. “Just so you know, he’s just like an older brother to me. I’m nothing more but a fan and a sister.”

“That’s not what I see,” Trish laughed.

“You mean, that’s not what we see.” Clarified Nana.

“Whatever.” You rolled your eyes. “Let’s just go on with this game, alright?”

“Trying to avoid the topic, huh?” Nana teased. “Okay, let’s just continue the game.”

“But before we do,” Mia blurted. “I just want you to know that you do like him. Well, at least that’s how we see it.”

 After that awkward conversation, you and your friends continued playing truth or dare. All four of you enjoyed the sleepover in Nana's home.