Uneasiness

Puzzle of Love

 

One thing’s for sure, Myungsoo felt uneasy.

He was sleeping peacefully just until he heard footsteps echo around the indoor court. Awaken, he decided to pretend asleep while you and Sungyeol slowly started to his direction.

He didn’t feel uneasy because the both of you wake him up, but because he saw the both of you together. Though he wasn’t sure why it bothered him, he chose to shoo the thought away. Instantly, he shut his eyes closed pretending he was sleeping soundly.

“Tsk!” Sungyeol grinned. “How long has he been asleep??”

You didn’t bother answering Sungyeol since you didn’t know whether he was asking you, or whether he just said it for the sake of saying. Besides, you had yourself preoccupied. You didn’t even realize that you were already gazing at Myungsoo’s ‘sleeping’ figure. Apparently, your heart began beating weirdly as you gazed at him; immediately, you snapped out of it.

On the other hand, Sungyeol sneaked his way to Myungsoo. Though you were slightly puzzled with what Sungyeol’s up to, you chose to ignore the questions popping in to your mind and just decided to concentrate on him. A wide grin spread across your face.

Myungsoo however,  was very aware of the situation and braced himself for what Sungyeol might do.

 “BOO!” shouted Sungyeol who found it surreal that Myungsoo didn’t move. Not a bit. Not a muscle.

Sungyeol looked back at you—which made your cheeks furiously blush—and pouted. “He knows we’re here,” he sighed.

“Ya,” he turned back to his friend and shook him. “Ya! Kim Myungsoo! Ireona. I know you’re awake. So quit it.”

Giving up, Myungsoo let out a small laugh. “How’d you figure?”

“Tsk!” Sungyeol laughed. “It was that obvious. Even the wisest man asleep would at least show an expression of shock.”

“But I’m way more than the wisest man alive,” Myungsoo claimed.

“Ah,” said Sungyeol. “But like I said, you were awake.”

“Tss!” Myungsoo stifled in to a small laugh and punched Sungyeol’s arm. “I guess you’ve made your point.”

”So,” he then glanced at you and let out a smirk. You instantly looked away from the both of them as you felt uneasy because of Myungsoo—and his overly attractive smirk.

“What’s up?” he asked Sungyeol—still having his eyes on you.

“Er…” Sungyeol sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck. “I was looking for you… I think…” he replied whispering the last two words.

He raised an eyebrow at him. “Looking for me?”

Sungyeol shrugged.

“Right…” he narrowed his eyes. “You probably wanted to skip class too.” He stuck his tongue out.

“Uh… actually… Yeah,” Sungyeol nodded. ‘Let’s just go with that…’  Sungyeol thought.

‘Tch! I’m pretty sure he’s telling only half of the truth. Obviously, he didn’t walk here just to wake me… It’s probably more than that…,’ Myungsoo thought as he glanced at you. ‘Jeez. And this girl over there!! Why didn’t she tell me she’s also friends with Sungyeol!? …Or did she confess already that’s why they’re together!? Argh!’

Myungsoo’s eyes widened at the thought. He abruptly stood up—which caused Sungyeol to back away in shock—and approached you.

 “Hey, Uhm …Let’s talk?” He asked you, though it seemed more like an order.

“Eh?” you stuttered as he grabbed your wrist and started dragging you out of the room. “B-but how about—S-sungyeol-sunbae??”

Oh,” Myungsoo paused. “Right. Sorry. I seriously forgot about him.”

“Ya hyung!” he called out to the puzzled-looking Sungyeol. “We’ll go first ‘kay? Annyeong!” He waved bye and continued dragging you out.

“Y-ya!” you hissed as you were trying to break free. “Sunbae!!”

Still drowning in confusion, Sungyeol just stood there uneasy as he watched the both of you exit the court.

‘I didn’t know Myungsoo can be that peculiar…’ Sungyeol thought. ‘…B-but still …Does he like~~~~~~~!!? Oh—wait. That’s impossible… Myungsoo likes someone else; and he probably still likes the same girl…I think... But just to be sure, I’ll ask.’