Chapter 16

Puzzle of Love

 

[A/N: Any Myungsoo-biased readers? ;) Anyways, of thoses who are, this chapter is most likely to please you. :> ]

_____

It was another Monday and the usual flag ceremony happened.

With Myungsoo, Sungyeol, and Dongwoo being in their usual spot—at the back of their class’ line—you were able to find them easily.

You weren’t really looking for them on purpose, however, your eyes just seem to look around for them. For him. And it doesn’t seem to bother you one tiny bit.

Now, there wasn’t really an occasion, but the school president wanted to let INFINITE perform a song in front of the whole school. Not knowing the true reason, you just watched the seven kingkas walk up to the front.

Unconsciously, your eyes followed Myungsoo and your face immediately lit up.

‘Omo! Myungsoo-oppa is going to perform!’ You squealed in your mind.

 You saw him walking up the stage and you watched him sit down as he rested the guitar on his lap. You thought that he looked dedicated when he tuned the guitar; as soon as you heard him play the instrument, your heart fluttered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

You were so engrossed with INFINITE’s—specifically Myungsoo’s—performance that in the midst of ‘fan-girling’, Mia—who was right there near you—scrutinized you suspiciously.

She saw how your smile seemed excited and how your eyes seemed to sparkle as you watched the performers. Mia thought that your smile was extra bright because Sungyeol was there, but she noticed she was wrong. As she followed your gaze, she found your eyes locked on Myungsoo instead of Sungyeol. Immediately, a big wave of doubt splashed into her mind.

‘I thought she likes Sungyeol… Why is she looking at that guy instead? I never caught her smile that way when Sungyeol’s around…But how come her eyes are literally sparkling that way because of that guy? Don’t tell me that maybe she—’

“Hey,” Nana nudged her. “What’s with the look on your face?”

“Oh. Nothing. I was just looking at ~~~~~~~…”

“~~~~~~~?” Nana blinked. She tilted her head to get a better angle of your face and caught you grinning. “Ooohh… I see.” She chuckled lightly. She's like that because Sungyeol’s there~”

“No, she’s not like that because of him…” Mia shook her head.

“It’s not?” Nana blinked puzzled.

“If you follow her gaze… it’s not on Sungyeol… it’s on Myungsoo...“

"M-mwo?!"Nana gawked.

 

**  

Later on, you excused yourself from class as you had to pay a fair amount for another English book.

Though you were supposed to be walking to the office, your paces brought you to the school’s waiting area. Obliviously, a smile crept up your face.

­­‘I remember when we first talked in here…’

FLASHBACK:

“Sungyeol, huh?” someone said from behind.

Your heart leaped in nervousness as you didn’t know someone would actually hear your wish.

You abruptly turned around, “You!! H-how come… You weren’t here earlier!! A-and… how come you heard what I said??! I-I… I didn’t say it loudly!!”

He laughed amusedly at your priceless reaction.

“Well, First of all,” he briefly said. “I was here first, I was sleeping.” He snickered. “Second, I heard your wish because you woke me up by your grumbling; and third, though you just ‘whispered’ your wish, face it, we’re the only ones in this quiet room. What you say will obviously echo around or whatever.”

“Well,” you crossed your arms huffily. “You aren’t supposed to be here ‘sleeping’ anyways.” You pointed out. “You’re cutting classes!”

“Well,” he took a step closer to close the mere distance between you two. “You too aren’t supposed to be here cutting classes.”

“H-hey! I had an errand to do!!”

“Well, it clearly doesn’t involve you going here and pouring your heart out.”

**

“You know,” he interrupted your thoughts. “You don’t have to get yourself all worked up anyways,” he stretched. “Ah… I’m sleepy… Anyways, don’t worry. I have no intention in telling Sungyeol about it.” He winked. “I have no interest in letting him know anyways.”

Dumb-founded, you just stood there with your mouth slightly open.

“So,” he continued. “In other words, your secret’s safe with me.”

He lightly patted your shoulder and flashed you a lazy smile. “I’ll go get back to sleep now,” he said. “This time, don’t bother me in the auditorium.”

---END OF FLASHBACK---

 

“What are you doing standing there smiling?” Someone interrupted your thoughts.

“E-eh?” You turned around and brightened. “Myungsoo-oppa!”

He snickered.

“Hey.” He flashed you a warm smile and closed the mere distance between you two. “You still haven’t answered my question by the way.”He chuckled lightly.

“O-oh… Hahaha… right…” You sheepishly bit your lip. “I was just… reminiscing.”

“Ah…” he nodded. “About what though?” He added.

Before you were to answer his question, your eyes rounded and your face blushed from embarrassment as you just realized that you were reminiscing about him—about Myungsoo.

‘Oh god. I just realized that I was reminiscing about him. OTL And now he’s asking me what I was thinking about earlier. OTL I can’t tell him! He might think… I like him…And the fact that I was actually smiling… Oh god.’

“Ya. ~~~~~~~.” He poked your cheeks. “You don’t have to tell me if it’s that…erted—or personal rather.” He teased.

“P-erted?!” You gawked. “O-oppa!” You slapped his arm. “My mind isn’t erted! I was just…just—“

“Yeah yeah whatever.” He waved his hands. “It’s okay to deny.”

“Psh!” You rolled your eyes. He chortled.

“Aigoo~” He pinched your cheeks. “You mad?”

You turned your face away from him. “No.”

“Liar,” he turned you around so you can face him again. “You’re mad~”

“No.”

He leaned in. “Stop lying.”

“I’m not lying!” You snapped.

“Yeah you are…” He leaned closer. Your eyes rounded.

“N-no… I’m n-not.” You froze.

He leaned in much closer and to your surprise, his nose was already touching yours.

“I dare you to say no.” He smirked.

“Now,” He pressed his forehead against yours. “Honestly, are you mad at me?”

Your cheeks turned beet-red as he meekly asked you. He was so close to you that his nose and forehead were already touching yours. Plus, with those endearing eyes of his, he did a great job in making your heart race and in making your stomach do flip-flops.

The both of you locked eyes and Myungsoo himself, got lost in his own schemes. He wasn’t supposed to get lost in your eyes too, but somehow, looking at you made a difference. He felt something different: a good kind of different.

“A-ahem!” Myungsoo cleared his throat as he realized what he just did. “S-sorry… I just… I didn’t mean to …take your personal space away from you…” He said sheepishly as a dark shade of pink crept up his face.

“E-er… yeah… it’s fine…” You bit your lip thinking that it would help your cheeks ease from turning pink.

‘W-what was that… H-how did he manage to make me feel that way…and... more importantly, h-how come I felt that way…?'

“I… Sorry…” Myungsoo rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. “I-I’m sorry… for leaning that close… I—“

“It’s fine,” you interrupted. “I-I’ll—I have to go to the office…” you bowed. “Annyeong oppa…” you squeaked and raced off to the office.

“Annyeong ~~~~~~~…” He whispered dearly as he still had his eyes on you.

When he saw that you were finally gone, he inhaled deeply.

“Phew…” He fanned himself. “Why is it suddenly so hot…”