Your first encounter

Puzzle of Love

 

Sitting down the white couch in the school’s clinic, you were waiting for the school nurse.

As you were staring at open space, your gaze was interrupted by the knock on the door. “Hello? ...Nurse?” a guy called out as he opened the door and tilted his head in to the room.

You blinked at the handsome guy who had light complexion, a slightly pointy chin, a perfect nose, and a pair of to-die-for eyes.

“Hey,” he called you.

Startled to even have him recognize you, your mouth slightly fell open. "N-neh?"

“…Is nurse back yet?” he asked bluntly.

You shook your head.

“Oh okay.” He then turned away from you.

“Ya Myungsoo! At least say thank you,” the guy beside him chided.

“Tsk! Arasso. Arasso,” he sighed then turned back to you. “…Komawo,” he said coldly.

“No …problem,” you nodded.

“Oh, Sungyeol,” Myungsoo turned back to him. “Can you wait for nurse without me? Cause the teacher probably wants me back in class now.”

“Oh sure,” Sungyeol nodded. “Thanks for accompanying me all the way.”

“No problem,” he patted Sungyeol’s shoulder then left.

As Sungyeol went to sit right beside you, the color red crept up your cheeks. Of course, a cute guy sitting right beside you, what else would you feel?

From time-to-time you end up glancing at him for no reason. Somehow, you couldn’t stop yourself from taking a glimpse of his serene brown eyes, kissable pink lips, slightly chubby cheeks—and moreover cute attractive face.

Before he caught you scrutinizing him, the nurse finally arrived. “Oh! So sorry I’m late,” she said. “I had to go buy antibiotics.”

“It’s fine ma’am,” said Sungyeol.

“Oh hey Sungyeol-ah,” she beamed at him but gave you a sour look. “Why not sit here instead,” she offered him as she pulled the office chair beside her.

‘Is it just me… or the nurse is taking interest in him…’ you crossed your arms completely forgetting about the pain you were in.

“So,” she dusted off his polo. “How may I help you?”

‘How biased. I was here first. Tch!’  You shot the nurse an unfair look.

“Oh, I had nose-bleed in class and I think I have sore-throat…” he pouted.

“Aw, is that so?” the nurse reluctantly stood up as she didn’t want to leave his side. “Okay, wait here dear, I’m going to get you medicine. I’ll just go get it in the cabinet.”

Sungyeol nodded.

While waiting, he moved around with the office chair and acted like a child.

Sure he was a junior, but the way he was playing with the office chair—turning around and around; gliding and sliding—made him look like a choding. Definitely elementary.

Watching him play and fool around, you giggled as you found his actions adorable.

As he heard your laughter, he stopped what he was doing. It was then that he blinked and locked eyes with you for the first time.  

Who’s she? Is she new? Or is she a freshman?’ Sungyeol thought. ‘Hmm… Why does she look kinda familiar? ...’

Scared that you have irritated him by your giggles, you bowed to him.

“M-mianhae,” you squeaked.

Sungyeol, who found you rather amusing, failed to hide his smile. ‘She’s… that was cute.’

“…Ani,” he flashed a grin. “It’s fine.”

Before he could ask for your name, the nurse came back in.

Irked that she saw the two of you staring right back at each other’s eyes, she came in between you and him. “Sungyeol-ah,” she held out a pack of Strepsils. “Here’s your medicine. Oh! And don’t forget to gurgle salt and water when you go home! It’s the most effective when it comes to sore throat. Arasso?”

“Neh,” he bowed. “Thank you nurse.”

“You’re welcome!”

“I’ll go back to class then,” he said. “Bye.”

Before he left, he bowed to the disappointed nurse then took one last glance at you.

The nurse, who didn’t like what she witnessed, turned back to you as soon as he had left the room. “You." she said frostily. "Why are you here?”

“I have menstrual cramp…” you replied.

“I see… Here,” she tossed to you an empty hot-water bag. “Fill it with hot water then put it over your abdomen, that’ll help. You can get hot water in the cafeteria. Just walk there.”

I knew it. She’s biased. Now that Sungyeol—his name is Sungyeol right?—left, she’s acting different.’  You thought. ‘She’s the nurse. She’s supposed to get water for me, a.k.a. the patient. Tch!’

“Neh,” you bitterly bowed to her then left the room.

“Aish!! I’m the patient! I’m not supposed to be treated this way! Prbbt!” you grumbled.

**

While walking to the cafeteria, you spotted a clinic pass on the floor. Warily, you picked it up. “Who—“

“It’s mine,” someone from behind answered.

Curious, you turned around. ‘OhIt’s him again…

“Thanks,” he said as he got the pass from your hand.

 Your heart skipped a beat as you felt his fingers brush against yours.

“So,” Sungyeol smiled. “We meet again.”

You nodded—as you were too stunned to speak.

“…Are you feeling any better?” he asked.

“Er… I’m… I think...” you replied. “W-wait! H-how come you knew that I wasn’t feeling well??”

He grinned at your amusing response. ‘Like I said, she’s cute.’  

“We just saw each other in the clinic remember?” he laughed. “Besides, if you weren’t feeling well, why would you even be there otherwise?”

“Oh… right,” you face-palmed. ‘What a stupid thing to ask! Ugh. I just humiliated myself.’

Sungyeol beamed at you.

“Anyways, I have to go,” he said. “…It was nice to see you again,” he flashed you a grin.

"N-neh," you bowed. "Annyeong haseyo." 

"Annyeong," he reluctantly went away. 

As Sungyeol left, you continued with what you were supposed to do in the first place: getting the hot-water bag filled with hot water.

**

As Sungyeol went back to his class, he found himself still thinking about you. "Shoot!" he said a little bit loudly.

The teacher eyed him suspisciously, "Yes, Sungyeol?"

He shook his head. "Oh it's nothing. Mianhae sonsaengnim..." he bowed.

Woohyun, who was right beside him, snickered. "LOL, what was that about?" he nudged him.

"Nothing."

"Probably girl problems," Myungsoo teased as he remembered leaving him with you. 

Sungjong, who sat beside Myungsoo, agreed and hi-fived with him.

"Tsk tsk tsk," Hoya shook his head. "Looks like someone's keeping secrets."

Dongwoo chuckled. 

"Whatever," Sungyeol muttered. 'I just forgot to ask for her name, that's all...'

 

_____

Second update! ^^;; Anyways, how do you guys like it so far? Hope you guys like it and are looking forward to the next update!

Feel free to comment, suggest and let out constructive criticisms! <3 Thank you for reading! :D