His proper good bye

Puzzle of Love

 

You were walking down the hallway, and you were still taken aback from earlier. You were pondering about why Myungsoo dragged Sungyeol away before he can even finish his sentence.

Coincidentally, you ended up running into Myungsoo. The two of you locked eyes. “Oppa…” you felt your cheeks heat up.

He flashed you a soft smile, and closed the mere distance between you two. “Hey…~~~~~~~.”

“So,” you blew air into your cheeks. “…How are you?”

He sheepishly inserted his hands into his pockets, “I’m fine,” his lips curled into a smile. “You?”

“Same,” you nodded.

“So,” he cleared his throat. “Did you…confess already?”

“Huh?” you threw him a puzzled look. “…Confess?”

“Yeah,” he nodded. “…Did you confess to Sungyeol?”

You shrugged, “Not yet. Why?”

“Oh,” he straightened up. “Really?” He asked ecstatically.

You nodded and broke into light laughter, “Yeah. I have no guts…”

 “Oh,” His shoulder deflated. “So you were planning to confess either ways…”

You shook your head. He looked at you confused.

“I’m not confessing to anybody.” You briefly said. “Admitting to a guy that I like him, is so not my thing.” You chuckled.

“Oh,” Myungsoo’s lips threatened to smile. “I see…”

Before you can ask him which class he’s ditching right now, you spotted Patricia from the corner of your eyes. “Oppa,” you murmured.

“Mhm?” he locked eyes on you.

“…do you have anyone you like in particular?”

“Well, I—“

“Myungsoo-ah,” Patricia intruded. She s her arms around Myungsoo’s waist. “Aren’t you going to walk with me to class?” She innocently blinked.

You gritted your teeth and felt the urge to suddenly stab something. The way she was all over Myungsoo in front of you seriously provoked you. Somehow, you just didn’t find yourself pleased.

“I will,” Myungsoo nodded. “I’ll walk with you.”

Patricia beamed and glanced at you with eyes that read, ‘know your place ’

You walked away angrily.

“Great,” she held his hand. “Let’s go?”

Myungsoo reluctantly nodded.

Patricia was going to drag Myungsoo completely away but he slipped his hand away from hers.

“Wait,” he paused. “Let me say good bye to ~~~~~~~ first.”

“But,” Patricia held him back. “She already went away.”

“I know,” Myungsoo smiled at her and ran back to you.

 “Hey,” he spun you around and your eyes rounded.

“You’re—“

“I just wanted to bid you a proper good bye,” he blurted. You blinked.

You managed to keep a straight face, but your lips were threatening to grin widely.

“So yeah,” he flashed you an affectionately warm smile and ruffled your hair. “Bye ~~~~~~~-ah…”

Just that, and he sheepishly ran back to Patricia with slightly flushed cheeks.

Patricia glanced your way and you could clearly see enviousness in her eyes. Not understanding her, you shrugged and just happily went back to class.

‘He came back just to say bye to me…” your lips curled upwards into a shy smile.

_____

;)