Cutting

Puzzle of Love

 

Blah blah blah. Apparently, that was what came out of your teacher’s mouth. During English class—let’s face it—no one really pays much attention.

Mia was plainly doodling in her notebook, Trish was singing, Mae was sleeping, Nana was reading, and the rest of the class is history.

Unlike your preoccupied friends, you were one of those trying to get away from class; and fortunately, you succeeded. You were able to cut class.

**

Since English was your last subject, you’ve decided to already bring with you your things. And, though you were part of those escapees , you didn’t bother leaving campus until the designated time for dismissal. After all, you weren’t that bad.

Just now,’  you thought. ‘It’d be my last time to cut class… promise…’

Well, to sum it all up, you’ve ditched class trice in your entire life.

The first time was with Nana. The two of you got bored rehearsing for graduation over and over again, and hence, the two of you unintentionally skipped class.

The second time, however, was the most recent; it was just this school year. It was when you did an errand for a teacher, and decided to not go back to class yet even after you finished. And yes, it was also the same day you were stupid enough to let Myungsoo find out you like Sungyeol.

So, obviously, the third time is now.

 

Making your way to the school’s court ninja style—as in with your black jacket and hood on; plus a pair of dark sun glasses—you warily watched out for teachers and tattletales.

“What are you …doing?” someone blurted.

You froze.

“Ahem,” you cleared you throat. “And what are you looking at?” you said as you gave your best shot to sound like a man. “Mind your own business please.”

Scared out of your wits, you tried your best to make a run—but you failed. He grabbed your risk and pulled down your hood.

Flustered, you dared not to look back at him.

“Girls don’t sound like that,” he scolded with a faint trace of amusement.

“I-I’m not a girl. I’m a man… going through puberty…” you reasoned lamely.

“And what?” he crossed his arms. “Let me guess, you just got circumcised?”

“W-what?!” you turned to him and shot him a what-the-fxck  look. “Circumcised?! Seriously?!”

“Well, boys don’t wear skirts,” Sungyeol shrugged. “Unless he—“

Oh,” you facepalmed. ‘Durh!! School uniform. Sheesh! I totally forgot about my skirt…’

“So,” he moved forward. “What’s with the bag?” he raised an eyebrow.

‘Great,” you muttered in your thoughts. ‘First, I look weird in front of him. Second, I embarrassed myself in front of him. And third, I’m cutting classes in front of him! Ugh!! I’m the perfect excuse to not want to be a girl…’

“…Nothing,” you avoided his eyes. “I just… Look, sunbae. I have to leave…”

“Now?” his eyes rounded and his grip on your risk loosened. “Where to?”

“Er…” you nodded your head to the court.

“Oh,” he beamed. “Let’s go together then!”

“Eh? B-but—”

“It’s okay. I’m looking for …Myungsoo anyways,” he sheepishly smiled.

Though you had mixed-feelings—specifically a mix of happiness, excitement, and nervousness—about what he suggested, you gladly accepted his offer.

You and Sungyeol were walking together, side-by-side, to the school’s indoor court.