Awkward Return

Puzzle of Love

 

For you, it was no other than a normal day in school; but for the rest of the high school juniors, it was not.

Walking pass the school’s entrance, you wondered why INFINITE seemed bothered and why there seemed to be a crowd present.  Reluctantly, you walked passed them thinking that you shouldn’t mind their business.

**

“Patricia!!” Gabriella squealed as she threw her arms around her. “Oh my god! You’ve totally changed!”

Patricia giggled, “Yeah, no more metal mouth.” She beamed proudly showing no trace of her braces.

“Aww… You’re so pretty!!”

“Haha. Thanks, but you won’t get anything from flattering me.” She stuck her tongue out. “So? You aren’t offering to walk your best friend here into campus or what?”

Gabriella chuckled as she encircled her arm around Patricia’s, “Well, obviously, I’m left with no choice.”

The two girls giggled then walked into campus.

INFINITE, who was watching the reunion of the two, grew agitated. They were worried about their friendship turning once more fragile because of the same lady. Sungyeol hid his burdened expression and scrutinized Myungsoo instead.

Myungsoo, on the other hand, locked eyes on Patricia. He fancied her long straight hair which she dyed caramel brown, and her now ‘brace-less’ teeth. She now looked old for her age, he thought, but for him, she was never anything less than pretty. For him, she was still Patricia, the girl he fell in love with.

Myungsoo felt the familiar feeling of his stomach fluttering and his heart doing flip flops as he and Patricia locked eyes. She threw him an awkward warm smile that didn’t seize to make his heart swoon.

**

“Ahhh!! Ottokhae?!” Sungjong shook Hoya. “Hyung!! It’s obvious that Myungsoo still likes her!!! W-what if all of us fight again because of that woman?!”

“Ya!” Hoya yelled as he pushed Sungjong away. “Don’t be paranoid, okay?!! It won’t happen again. So what if Myungsoo likes Patricia?! Sungyeol doesn’t like her anymore right?! Therefore, there’s no need for a damn fight. Sheesh!”

Dongwoo laughed as he watched the two argue.

Sungjong stopped and turned his attention to Dongwoo-hyung, “What?” He raised an eyebrow.

“Nothing,” he chuckled. “You guys… LOL, are amusing.”

“Tsk! Whatever.”

“Oh god. What a diva,” he teased.

“Okay class!” The teacher clapped as he entered the classroom. “Stop whatever you are doing and fix yourself! We’ve got a ‘new’ student.”

The sounds of whisper aroused around the room. The news about the ‘new’ student affected each student differently. Dongwoo laughed as he found Sungjong whine. Hoya, Sunggyu and Woohyun sighed, as Sungyeol scrutinized the Myungsoo who was doing his best to hide his smile.

“Okay, enough now. Quiet!” The teacher scolded. “I’m pretty sure all of you probably heard about Patricia coming back, and to your surprise or not, she’s here. Patricia?” he called.

“N-neh sonsaengnim…” With her head lowered, she shyly made her way into the room.

“Introduce yourself please.”

“Anyeong!” She bowed. “Uhm… I’m Patricia if you don’t know me… and I-I came back from Indonesia s-so yeah… Well, I’m back now…”

“Okay, so for now… Why don’t you sit beside Myungsoo?” said the teacher. Myungsoo straightened up. “You do know who he—“

“Neh sonsaengnim. I know him.” She smiled as she made her way beside Myungsoo.