Myungsoo's puzzle

Puzzle of Love

 

One more minute, you thought as you were eyeing the clock rather than paying attention to the class discussion. You practically didn’t care about Music class…and so did the rest of the room.

When a minute finally passed, you bit your lip in anticipation. Grrnng!

The school bell finally rang and you hurried packing your things.

You hung your bag over your shoulder and ran out of the room right after you heard your teacher say, “Class dismissed.”

It was Friday today and you were looking forward to meeting your friends. It wasn’t too long ago when you guys have decided to meet in front of Nana’s house.

 

Pacing your way outside the school gate, you came across INFINITE. They were together hanging out by their bench—as usual—and among all of them your eyes landed on Myungsoo. Though you hesitated, you ended up smiling at him anyways; but all he did was stare. You stood frozen in your steps.

Naturally you’d be able to look away, but there was something about his eyes that kept luring you to keep looking. No, you just simply couldn’t look away. In fact, the both of youcan’t. It was as if the two of you forgot the rest of everything and in that particular moment, time stopped.

It was as if…there were only the both of you.

The two of you snapped out of it when Patricia’s arms s around Myungsoo’s waist. From your place, you could almost hear whatever she said.

“Hey,” she said. “Guess who?”

“Patricia,” Myungsoo replied nonchalantly—his eyes still on you.

Slowly, Patricia unwrapped her arms around him. “Are you mad?” Myungsoo shook his head.

“You’ve been…distant lately,” she added. “Does it have something to do with me? Us?”

Myungsoo shrugged then turned to her. “Why?”

Patricia looked at him and though he was right in front of her, he felt so far away. She sighed and hung her head low. “Nothing…just asking.”

Myungsoo nodded and walked away after saying, “Oh, okay.”

Clearly, you knew more than anything that Myungsoo was walking your way. You meekly bowed to him as he approached you.

“Hey ‘saeng,” he gently ruffled your brown hair.

“Hi oppa,” your cheeks felt warm. “How’s…life?”

He pursed his lips as if he didn’t know what to answer. As if he knew nothing about what was going on with his life. Finally, he shrugged, “I don’t know. I’ve been confused lately. It’s like I’m solving a puzzle you know? A puzzle so complicated that I can’t unlock how I truly…feel.”

 “How you truly feel?” you raised a brow. “You mean about Patricia? So, it’s a Patricia-problem?” you let out a small laugh.

“Don’t know,” he blew air into his cheeks. “Maybe.”

The way he said, ‘maybe’ made you feel something heavy. The way that you assumed that he’s been like that lately because of her made you feel less pleasant about yourself. It was like you were somehow envious of the impact she had with him.

Oh,” you said.

“Yeah…” he let out a sigh. “So, how about you?”

You blinked. “What about me?”

“How are you,” he laughed.

Oh,” you straightened. “Well, I think I’m fine. I’ll be on my way to Nana’s house later too, so yeah. I guess I’m good.” You managed a smile.

“That’s nice,” he softly smiled. “Where does she live?”

“You mean, Nana?” He nodded.

“Uhm, it’s not so far. Like, if you know where Sungyeol-oppa lives, then you’d know—“

“Sungyeol-oppa?” Myungsoo interrupted.

“Ne,” you nodded. “Sungyeol-oppa and Nana are neighbors.” You smiled brightly as you were naïve about how much Myungsoo disliked it when you called Sungyeol oppa.

Oh,” Myungsoo held in his grimace. “When are you—“ “Omo! ~~~~~~~-ah!” Sungyeol called behind Myungsoo interrupting your conversation.

“Oppa,” you brightened. “Hey!” You watched Sungyeol walk towards you and Myungsoo.

“Hey there,” Sungyeol grinned. “Do you need help?”

“Help?” You furrowed your eye brows. “Who? Me?”

“Yeah,” Sungyeol laughed as he patted your head. “You. With your bag.”

Oh, no!” You flushed. “It’s alright…”

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow as he scrutinized your flushed cheeks. He crossed his arms. Psh, what does she see in him, he thought.

“Oh hey L,” Sungyeol placed his arm around Myungsoo. “What are you doing here?”

Myungsoo lazily faced Sungyeol, “What does it look like I’m doing?” he replied as he jerked himself away from Sungyeol.

“I don’t know,” Sungyeol shrugged, to you he asked: “Since when did you know each other by the way?”

“Uhm, by the waiting area,” you smiled. “Right, Myungsoo-oppa?”

Oppa?” Sungyeol looked puzzled. “You call him oppa? Since whe—“

“I’m leaving,” Myungsoo blurted. “Bye ‘saeng.” He ruffled your hair and walked away. You blinked.

“Er…annyeong oppa,” you said to his retreating figure.

Sungyeol gaped at Myungsoo. “What’s his problem?!”

“I don’t know…he said he’s solving a puzzle.”

“A puzzle?”

“Yeah,” you nodded.  “A puzzle of love.”

At first Sungyeol stared at you in a serious expression, but he ended up laughing later. “You’re talking nonsense.”

“Maybe,” you shrugged. “Anyways, I think I have to go too. Bye oppa!” You waved but Sungyeol caught your wrist.

“Don’t wave goodbye yet,” he blurted. “Let me walk you home.”

 

____

Hey guys! Do forgive me for not updating! I got carried away with school. Sorry! But anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this update! ;)

And if you guys are confused of the character's feelings... here's a clarification. :)

  • Myungsoo's confused because right now he thinks that he likes Patricia but he's actually starting to fall for ~~~~~~~.  
  • Sungyeol likes ~~~~~~~. (He doesn't like Patricia anymore).
  • ~~~~~~~ is also confused. She thinks she likes Sungyeol, but she's actually starting to fall for Myungsoo (and you can see that because she gets jealous of Patricia).
  • Patricia, is using Myungsoo to make Sungyeol jealous, but she's actually starting to sincerely like Myungsoo. :)