Meeting Patricia

Puzzle of Love

 

You were squeezing yourself into the crowd just so you can get in line, and you found it bizarre that lots of girls were starting to glare and throw daggers your way.

As ignorant as you are, you couldn’t care less. However, it never really stopped you to ponder about why those girls seem to throw you their scornful looks. It was just a matter of second to had you figure out why.

Out of nowhere, someone poked your shoulder, “Loner much?”

You turned your head only to meet Sungyeol. He flashed you his signature smile and waved, “Annyeong!”

You warily glanced at the girls from earlier and found them gritting their teeth this time. ‘Now I know why they hate me so much.' You sighed then turned your attention back to Sungyeol.

“Annyeong Haseyo,” you bowed.

“Er… Are you bothered?” he dared to ask.

“Of…?”

“Them,” he whispered referring to the flock of girls who are now clenching their fists tightly.

“Nah, not really.” You shrugged. “Like I care. It’s not like they’ll kill or hurt me or anything. The worse they could do is backstab me and let me be ostracized.”

He gawked at your careless reply.

“Besides,” you continued. “I don’t think they’ll actually do that, because if they do, you and the rest of INFINITE will hate them, yeah?”

He laughed. “Well, it’s true that I will hate them for hurting you, but about the rest of INFINITE… I’m not so sure.” He teased.

“Tsk! Whatever, I know Myungsoo-oppa will care,” you muttered crossing your arms.

‘Myungsoo…oppa?’  he thought. ‘Since when did the two become like brother and sister…’

Shooing the thought away, Sungyeol placed his hand on top of your head and smiled. “Aigoo~” he ruffled your hair. “She’s crossing her arms. She’s mad at her sunbae. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!” he teased.

“LOL,” you slapped his hand away from your head. “Ow!” he whimpered.

“Since when did crossing one’s arms become a sign of them being mad?” you furrowed.

“Since I thought so,” Sungyeol laughed.

You tried your best to keep your expression serious but your lips were threatening to smile. “Psh,” you sarcastically rolled your eyes at him as you turned to your back. “Whatever.”

“Ever heard of respect?” he teased. “You obviously lack manners~”

“Tsss,” you failed to hold your grin, but lucky for you, you were in line so your back was facing him and he wasn’t able to see that big grin on that beet-red face of yours.

“Aigoo~” he pinched your cheeks from behind. “Next time, you should learn to be more respectful.”

“Arasso, arasso.” You nodded. “Just leave me and my cheeks alone.”

He laughed as he let go, “Arasso.”

‘Oh my gosh…’ you thought as you were practically squealing in your head right now. ‘He kept pinching my cheeks, he kept smiling and talking to me… OTL OTL OTL I don’t know what to do… I can’t hold my blush any longer! I might get figured out!! Plus those girls glaring at me… OTL They’ll find it obvious that I have a crush on their Sungyeol-oppa! OTL”

Just when you were about to snap, a girl purposely bumped you. “Ouch!” you rubbed your arm.

“Oh, s-sorry…” she apologized oh-so-fakely. “I d-didn’t mean to…”

“Er… yeah. Sure. Okay.” you replied scrutinizing her insincere eyes. Somehow, there was something about that woman that made you hate her guts.

‘Who is this girl?! I’ve never seen her before… I’m guessing she’s a freshman judging from that ID of hers… But w-why is Sungyeol-oppa talking to her!!’ The girl thought in frustration as she tried her best to hide how irked she was.

Soon enough, she turned her attention to Sungyeol, and the both of them locked eyes.

‘Who is this bxtch? First she bumps into me then she seduces Sungyeol?! Tch! So annoying…’ you rolled your eyes at her.

Suddenly, Myungsoo arrived into the scene causing your thoughts to falter. Your eyes landed on him and you realized something was different about that look in his eyes. He wasn’t wearing his mysteriously lonely expression anymore. He was rather bringing forth a Myungsoo you have not yet met. A Myungsoo who was in love—or infatuated or maybe even obsessed but you’ll know in the latter part of the story whether or not he really was truly in love with that woman.

“Hey! Patricia!” Myungsoo called. Reluctantly, she snapped out of Sungyeol’s gaze.

‘No wonder I didn’t like her guts. Tch! That bxtch is Patricia…’ you thought.

“Oh,” she forced a smile. “Myungsoo…Anything wrong?”

“Oh… nothing I was just… I thought that—Well, Gabriella was looking for you and I thought that—“

“I see.” She nodded. “I’ll look for her then.”

“I’ll go with you!” Myungsoo blurted.

“Sure…” Patricia said as she glanced at Sungyeol with eyes saying ‘I missed you’

Sungyeol threw her a small smile, while you gave Patricia a disgusted look. The way she can twist the mood of INFINITE irked you the most.

When she came around, Sungyeol remained still, awkward, and silent. But what bothered you the most was Myungsoo. He totally ignored you. He practically didn’t just act like he didn’t give a fxck about you but he acted as if he wasn’t able to acknowledge your presence because his eyes were only on Patricia!

You grew frustrated about the fact that Myungsoo ignored you. “I can’t believe he didn’t even see me!!”

“You can’t believe that who didn’t see you?” Sungyeol said.

“Shoot. I muttered outside my head.” You bit your lip.

Sungyeol laughed. “So… I see you met Patricia… my ex-girlfriend…”

“I heard.” You gritted your teeth.

“Are you… jealous?”

“Of her being your ex-girlfriend?” you snorted. “Oh please. I don’t even—“

“No… Not that. Are you jealous that Myungsoo—“

“NO!” you replied a little too quickly.

“Oookay…” Sungyeol raised a brow.

“S-sorry… It’s just that—I mean, what’s there to be jealous about? Nothing, right?”

“Right…” Sungyeol nodded.

“Next!” the lunch lady called out to you.

“Oh, sunbae, see you around.” You awkwardly bowed as you grabbed a tray and went forth to the lunch lady.

Sungyeol sighed, 'She might not be jealous but I can see that she doesn't like Patricia... but why?' he thought.