...Sungyeol's Best friend?!

Puzzle of Love

 

It was now Friday, and another week of high school is gone.

Holding 3 long folders and 2 brown envelopes, you were making your way to the teacher’s lounge as you had some errand to run.

While walking, someone ended up bumping in to you as you didn’t pay much attention to where you were going.

“Oof!” said the guy who was heading towards the waiting area. “Mianhae.” He apologized then yawned before he continued walking away.

“He seems familiar…” you tilted your head in curiosity.

“Nah!” you shooed the thought away. “Why should I even care.”

**

After passing off some errands, you decided to sit down on the seat in the school’s waiting area.

“Ugh. I feel terrible…” you let out a sigh. ‘I should not have went to the clinic in the first place… This .’

Unaware of someone sleeping on the other row of seats behind you, you grumbled, “Aish!”  as you abruptly stood up from your seat.

Ottokhae?!” you whined a little too loud enough to wake Myungsoo up. “Why do I feel so guilty?!!”

Still unaware that someone could actually hear you, you decided to approach the fountain and make a wish.

 “I can at least try to make a wish… right?” you sighed.

You took out your wallet and got a coin. You held onto it tightly as you whispered, “I wish my feelings for Sungyeol won’t last long and that I’d stop liking him soon enough…”

Satisfied with your wish, you threw the coin into the fountain and heard the echo of its splash.

“Sungyeol, huh?” someone said from behind.

Your heart leaped in nervousness as you didn’t know someone would actually hear your wish.

You abruptly turned around, “You!! H-how come… You weren’t here earlier!! A-and… how come you heard what I said??! I-I… I didn’t say it loudly!!”

He laughed amusedly at your priceless reaction.

“Well, First of all,” he briefly said. “I was here first, I was sleeping.” He snickered. “Second, I heard your wish because you woke me up by your grumbling; and third, though you just ‘whispered’ your wish, face it, we’re the only ones in this quiet room. What you say will obviously echo around or whatever.”

“Well,” you crossed your arms huffily. “You aren’t supposed to be here ‘sleeping’ anyways.” You pointed out. “You’re cutting classes!”

“Well,” he took a step closer to close the mere distance between you two. “You too aren’t supposed to be here cutting classes.”

“H-hey! I had an errand to do!!”

“Well, it clearly doesn’t involve you going here and pouring your heart out.”

“Tch,” rolled your eyes. ‘What a peculiar jerk…’

“Don’t call me a jerk in your head,” he smirked.

Your eyes rounded in surprise. ‘H-how did he know I—‘

“Woohyun-hyung knows girls a lot,” he smirked. “He shares what he knows about them. That’s how I knew you were calling me a jerk. He said that when girls—”

“Psh! Whatever!” you stuck your tongue out at him before he could finish. “I don’t care about what your hyung says.”

“Is that how you treat Sungyeol’s best friend?” he teased.

“This guy… Argh! Using Sungyeol to make me respect him… Grr…” you angrily muttered under your breath. “But… W-wait. You’re Sungyeol’s best friend?”

He nodded lazily.

 ‘No wonder he seemed familiar…  Oh yeah! Plus he was also the one I bumped into earlier! And he’s the rude guy who went with Sungyeol to the clinic!! I—‘

“You know,” he interrupted your thoughts. “You don’t have to get yourself all worked up anyways,” he stretched. “Ah… I’m sleepy… Anyways, don’t worry. I have no intention in telling Sungyeol about it.” He winked. “I have no interest in letting him know anyways.”

Dumb-founded, you just stood there with your mouth slightly open. ‘And I thought he was the jerk who’ll run around campus just to shout out my secret to everyone.’

“So,” he continued. “In other words, your secret’s safe with me.”

He lightly patted your shoulder and flashed you a lazy smile. “I’ll go get back to sleep now,” he said. “This time, don’t bother me in the auditorium.”

Still dumb-founded, you just nodded your head like a dummy.

‘Tsk! Silly girl. She could’ve just made her wish in her head. That way, I would not find out that she likes Sungyeol,’ Myungsoo thought as his lips tingled into a genuine smile.

 

_____

A ~~~~~~~ and Myungsoo moment! ;D Finally! :D =)) LOL xD

Anyways, this is your second time encountering him ;) What do you think? Is it okay? Nice? …or boring? T^T Hahaha!

Thank you for reading! And for the comments! <3 Feel free to suggest and let out constructive criticisms! :D Hope you’ll look forward to the next chapters~~ ;) ;>