Placing the wrong puzzle

Puzzle of Love

 

[A/N: Since most of you voted:

 ‘I don’t know… Just bring on more Myungsoo and ~~~~~~~ scenes already…! D:’

I also don’t know what to do… Haha. So will you readers just forgive me if I just set aside the fact that Daeyeol may or may not be seeing the two of you? … :< Sowee T^T OTL Anyways, le poll is closed. B-) Thank you for reading~ ♥]

_____

 

On the day that Sungyeol walked ~~~~~~~ home, Myungsoo and Patricia were together on the other hand.

Patricia was looking at ~~~~~~~ and Sungyeol who was talking to each other by the stairs. She saw how Sungyeol picked up her pencil case and , she saw how Sungyeol was being friendly and warm towards her, and she witnessed Sungyeol bailing out on her just to run after you.

**

 “Sungyeol-ah!” Patricia beamed as she ran after him.

“Oh, hey…” He awkwardly greeted.

“Uhm… I have… Well, you see… Er…do you have a pencil I can borrow?” she sheepishly asked.

“Er… well—“ His words were cut by you as before he could finish his sentence, you ran past him and Patricia. Though you caused him to be greatly distracted, a wide grin spread across his face and a light chuckle escaped his mouth, “This girl…” he said softly. “She should’ve closed the zipper of her bag…”

Patricia crossed her arms in a huffy manner.

‘I can’t believe that girl. She’s taking my boyfriend away from me.’

“Oh. Sorry about that…” Sungyeol smiled embarrased as he saw Patricia irked.

“It’s fine!” She beamed and a change of attitude happened. “B—“

“Oh Patricia, I have to go…” Sungyeol interrupted as his eyes were still glued to ~~~~~~~~. “I’m sorry!” He patted her shoulder lightly then ran off to you.

“Oh. Okay. Bye…” Patricia mumbled disappointedly as she just watched Sungyeol’s figure dash off to another girl.

**

As Myungsoo was at the school’s terrace, he could see everything. Though, in the midst of everything, he spotted you. A genuine smile spread across his face as he saw you run.

‘She’s really funny…and cute.’

In the middle of admiration, Myungsoo’s eyes rounded as he saw some things fall out of your bag. He was about to rush down and help you, but he saw you notice and return for your things. He let out a light chuckle.

‘Tss… this little girl, she’s cute without her trying… Hahaha…’

He grinned as he watched you amusedly, however, the big smile he had on his face faltered as he saw Sungyeol interact with you.

Not knowing why, his mood suddenly shifted from bright to dull. Sighing, he went down the terrace as he didn’t feel like watching anymore.

As he hobbled his way down the stairs, he saw Patricia and he watched her curiously. He saw her pouting and he noticed that her eyes were fixed on something: Sungyeol and ~~~~~~~. Warily, he approached her.

“Hey…”

“Omona!” Patricia gasped as she swiftly clutched onto her chest to catch her leaping heart. “You scared me…”

Myungsoo flushed and scratched his head sheepishly, “I didn’t mean to though…”

“It’s fine,” she sighed. He nodded.

After a wave of awkward silence, Patricia started conversing.

“Does she…” she blurted. “Like Sungyeol-oppa…?”

Myungsoo sat down on one of the chairs behind them, “Who? ~~~~~~~?” Patricia nodded.

“I…don’t know,” he lazily shrugged.

“What about Sungyeol? Does he…like her?” She asked meekly.

Myungsoo stayed seated behind Patricia as he scrutinized her surrounded by a gloomy aura. The earlier expression he saw in her eyes were obviously disappointment as she longed for the person she still loves.

Patricia sighed as she had her arms wrapped around herself.

“You still like him.” Myungsoo later on blurted. “I was expecting you to be over him though… Especially after Indonesia…”

“Well,” she turned and sat down beside him. “Obviously, it didn’t go that way.” She clicked her heels together.

“Why him though?” Myungsoo asked. “Why him…?”

“I don’t know,” she shrugged. “Sometimes, your heart just chooses for you. It falls for someone without your permission, and I don’t know… I just liked him.”

 “My heart,” she placed her hand on her chest where her heart was. “It just chose him…and it’s still choosing him. But obviously, his feelings for me are long gone… ” Her voice cracked as she held in her tears. “He chose you and your friendship before me, and now, he’s obviously going to choose that girl over me sooner…”

As Myungsoo felt his heart stabbed by the indirect rejection, he still couldn’t help but comfort the girl he likes. He reluctantly placed his hand on her shoulder and gave her a light tap.

“It’s fine,” he comforted. “After all…they said that as long as the couple’s destined for each other…their love will find its way.”

He inserted his hand into his pocket and held out to her his beige handkerchief. “Here,” he let her take it. “It’s okay to cry… I’ll always be here to comfort you…Promise.”

**

"Thank you sunbae," you bowed gratefully to Sungyeol as he walked you all the way home.

"Aigoo..." he pouted as he lightly pushed your forehead. "I told you not to call me sunbae...Oppa sounds much better..."

"Hehe... Sorry, old habbits..." you blew air into your cheeks causing you to form a cute blowfish face.

Sungyeol tried so hard to keep a straight face but with you in front of him, his lips threatened to smile.

"Arasso arasso gwaenchanha." He sighed. "But next time, I'm officially your oppa," he pinched your cheeks.

"Neh, arasso oppa," you nodded.

"Now, get in." He said as he nodded towards your house.

"Okay...bye oppa!" You bowed and he ruffled your hair.

"Bye..." He smiled warmly as he had his eyes locked on you until you disappeared into your home. Unconsciously, a sweet smile spread across his face as his cheeks grew into a light shade of pink.