Lee Daeyeol's confession

Puzzle of Love

 

It was the weekend. You let out a sigh as you figured that you have been a high school freshman for about 2 weeks now. To your dismay, time started to pass by faster and faster. Unfortunately for you, you weren’t in favor of it.

For the mean time, you've decided to walk to the park for recreation. You arrived with your slightly lose Scarlet shirt, skinny jeans, and Nike rubber shoes, you had your long brown hair tied in a slightly messy but cute bun.

Sooner or later after walking around, you had yourself seated on the bench right before the lake.

“Hey,” said someone from behind you.

You looked back to see Lee Daeyeol. “Oh hey!” you smiled. “How are you?”

“I’m fine,” he said as he made his way to sit right beside you. “…you?”

“Same,” you nodded.

Unaware of his gaze, you focused your attention to the lovely scenery right in front of you.

“Ahem,” he cleared his throat. “So, what am…I to you?” he blurted.

Dumb-founded, you turned to him, “Huh?”

“What…am I to you?”

You flashed him a friendly smile and ruffled his hair, “You’re my dongsaeng of course!”

His face slightly fell. “Why…?” you asked. “Anything wrong?”

“Just a dongsaeng?” his eyebrows furrowed.                                                                                        

“Well… Y-you’re just like a little brother to me. Why? shiro?”

He shook his head. “It’s not that I don’t like it, but…Can’t it be more than that?”

 You paused. “What do you mean...”

“Noona, joahaeyo,” he said. “And I like you not as a friend, but as a boy liking a girl. Noona, I like you.”

“Daeyeol-ah…”

“Noona, even though I didn’t exactly like you from day one, little-by-little I started liking you. Can’t it be that way with you too?? Can’t you like me little by little? Slowly??”

“Deayeol…” you said with your voice slightly firmer than earlier.

“Noona,” he held both your hands. “Please? …I know right now I’m nothing more than a dongsaeng to you, but please? Can’t I have a chance??” He started to act desperate now, moreover, annoying.

“Daeyeol, please. I… Don’t be like this…”

“Noona…” he whined as he lightly squeezed your hands.

“…I… I don’t know how to reject you…” your face fell.

“Then don’t…” he said in dismay.

Mianhae Daeyeol-ah… but… I just see you as a younger brother…”

Feeling his heart crumple into tiny bits of pieces, he gave up. “…A-arasso,” he said in a low voice. “Forget it then. Everything I said. And… if you can, forget that we ever met…”

This time, it was you who was hurt. You hated losing friends, and you hated hurting one.

“W-what do you mean?? Daeyeol-ah!” you called out as he abruptly ran away.

Seeing that he was already nowhere to be found, “Aish!” you muttered. “What have I done?!” you face-palmed. “I can’t believe I hurt him…”

**

Days have passed since the incident with Daeyeol; and the two of you are still not in good terms. Basically, he ignored you, and you had to ignore him back.

“You alright?” Trish asked with genuine concern.

“Yeah, you look like you’re drained out of energy or something,” Nana teased trying to make you laugh. Apparently, you found her humor not funny at all.

“I’m alright, but the damn monthly gift is bothering me.” You answered roughly.

“Oh,” said Mia. “LOL, I thought your fight with Daeyeol was bothering you!” she laughed.

“Yeah,” you said. “That too.”

“You need to go to the clinic?” Trish asked.

“…Maybe later,” you replied. “When I turn pale and feel worse.”

Mia lightly slapped your arm, “Don’t say that! You’ll feel better anyways. Trust me.”

With your arms still hugging your stomach, you can’t help but still flinch at the pain your menstrual cramp is giving you. “Yeah… I hope I do…”

Ugh,’ you muttered in your head. ‘I just hate having my period.’

**

Just when you couldn’t take the pain, you raised your hand to catch your teacher’s attention.

“Yes ~~~~~~~-ssi?”

“May…I go to the clinic?” You asked with your lips slightly paler than earlier.

“Sure, g-go get the clinic pass…” your teacher warily watched you hobble out the room.

As you were walking your way to the school’s clinic, little did you know about fate’s plan of wanting to gradually change your life…

It was finally the official start for you to encounter the puzzle of love fate had made just for you.

 

_____

Hello! Thank you for subscribing and writing down comments already!

Anyways, I hope you like the first update so far! <3

Feel free to comment and suggest! :D

I hope that you’ll look forward to the rest of the story~ ;) <3 kkkk~