NINE

Empty Luv

Sunday went by too quickly for Sena. She spent the day with Rome, hanging out at his apartment. As soon as she woke up and had a shower, she went straight over to his place. Rome was still asleep at the time so he opened the door for her and then went straight to bed, which was fine with Sena. She ended up eating some Australian cereal he had stashed away in the cupboards and watched television. A few hours later Rome was finally woken up and he automatically headed to the bathroom to shower so he didn’t look like a slob in front of his guest.

“You come to my apartment every day, do you know that?” Rome came out of the bathroom a little while later and he was drying his hair with a towel. He sat down on the floor in front of Sena and handed her the towel. Without being told, she started drying his hair for him as he watched television.

“That was your fault for inviting me over that first time…I got hooked on your food.” Sena chuckled at what was going on in the show.

“You’re like a stray cat. You feed them once and then they just keep showing up.” He grunted in pain when Sena punched him in the back of his head.

“And like a stray cat you’ll miss me when I’m gone.” Sena stood up and headed over to the door. Rome quickly ran over and just as Sena opened it, he forced it shut again.

“Don’t leave.” Rome whispered and Sena slowly nodded her head. The two of them sat back down on the couch and watched television for two more hours before falling asleep. Sena felt comfortable around Rome. It was like having the older brother she always wanted.  And like that, Sunday passed by quietly and restfully. Monday was a totally different story.

Sena walked up to school like normal and headed to her locker. As she was putting her books in her locker, the boys from WINNER walked over to Seungyoon’s locker. Jinwoo noticed Sena a little farther down the hallway and smiled.

“Sena!” He called out to her. She looked over at them and Jinwoo waved at her. Sena quickly turned around and walked away from them. Jinwoo awkwardly lowered his hand to his side and bit his bottom lip. “Maybe she didn’t hear me…” Jinwoo muttered.

“She looks right at you.” Mino said and Jinwoo felt a little embarrassed.

“Plus, we’re literally the only other people here.” Seungyoon said and all of the boys looked around to see that they were the only ones standing in the hallway.

“She’s avoiding us.” Taehyun sounded hurt as he looked off in the direction she walked away in. The bell rang and Seungyoon and Taehyun excitedly went off to class. Like usual, Sena was sitting in her desk already rereading her notes and making sure that everyone is done correctly. The guys sat down and automatically went to work on trying to get Sena’s attention. They loudly whispered her name, sent her text messages and even threw tiny bits of erasers at her. Nothing seemed to be working. Sena jut ignored them. She would ignore their calling out to her. Read her texts and never reply. And just simply wipe away the eraser bits that have accumulated on her desk.

They thought they would finally get to talk to her at lunch but she somehow vanished out into the crowd in the hallway and that lost sight of her. Mino, Seunghoon and Jinwoo walked up to Seungyoon and Taehyun who were standing outside of their classroom trying to spot Sena.

“Where is she?” Mino asked and Taehyun let out a frustrated sigh.

“She ignored us during class and then she just…vanished.” Seungyoon waved his arm towards the large crowd of students that were pushing their way through to try and get a good seat at the cafeteria with their friends.

“Let’s split up and look for her. She couldn’t have gone too far.” Taehyun took off in the direction he thinks she went with Seungyoon following close behind him. Seunghoon and Mino went off together, leaving the directionally challenged Jinwoo by himself.

“Watch, Jinwoo hyung is going to find her first by accident.” Seunghoon joked and Mino smirked a little. And, just liked Seunghoon said, Jinwoo was wandering around outside and saw Sena walking back into the school from the basketball court. Jinwoo ran over to her and hugged her from behind. Sena let out a tiny yelp of surprise before looking behind her and seeing Jinwoo. He rested his head on her shoulder and smiled brightly.

“Sena~ you’re avoiding us.” Jinwoo cooed sweetly in her ear making goose bumps travel up Sena’s spine.

“Can you please let go of me?” Sena said and Jinwoos arms tightened around her waist. She could see everyone staring and a few of them girls were even taking pictures. Having everyone stare at her was making Sena feel like a freak. “Let go.” Sena forced Jinwoo to let go of her and she stormed away. Jinwoo seemed oblivious to all of the people staring at them.

“Come with me.” Jinwoo grabbed Sena’s hand and started dragging him behind her. As they walked, Jinwoo pulled out his phone telling his friends that he found Sena and that he was bringing her to Seungyoon’s locker. The whole way there Sena fought and struggled with Jinwoo but he never let go of her hand and brought her to the locker. The rest of the guys were already standing there, waiting for them. One of the boys noticed Jinwoo holding Sena’s hand and a jealous fire started building in the pit of his stomach. Jinwoo could see that his friend was angry so he quickly let go of Sena’s hand once they reached the group.

“Why are you ignoring us?” Seungyoon demanded.

“Why are you trying to talk to me?” Sena folded her arms across her chest and glared at them.

“I thought we agreed to be nice to each other?” Seunghoon looked around at the guys and they all nodded. Sena rolled her eyes and scoffed.

“You think just saying that you’re going to be nice to me is enough? You bullied me, mocked me and ripped up the only picture of my parents.” Sena was staring straight at Mino now and his eyes traveled to the ground. He was ashamed for how he acted the first day they met. “Saying sorry isn’t enough.” Sena tried to walk away but Taehyun grabbed her wrist, holding onto her tightly. He let her get away once; he wasn’t going to let her run away again.

“Let us make it up to you.” Taehyun muttered and Sena felt his eyes burning into her skin. Sena lowered her eyes and let out a frustrated sigh. These guys weren’t going to give up until they have annoyed her to death.

“Fine. But if you bother me even just once, I will never talk to you guys again. Understand?” Sena felt like she was talking to a group of children as the boys all happily nodded their head. The bell rang for class to start again. “I’m going now.” Sena quickly turned and headed to her class.

“She’s adorable when she’s angry.” Seunghoon said and all of the guys agreed. Maybe that was why they were trying so hard for Sena to like them. They were greedy and wanted to keep her smile to themselves.

“Wait up!” Seungyoon and Taehyun chased after Sena and the three of them walked to class together. Many of the students were watching them as the two boys were happily chatting with Sena. The girls were all jealous of her and all of the boys suddenly wanted her. There was something about having what could never be yours that made something so desirable. What made it worse was that these kids were all wealthy so they were used to getting whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted. Although Sena now made friends out of her bullies, she had now made bullies out of her classmates.