NINETEEN

Empty Luv

">http://

Sena and Mino went into the principal’s office and when he saw the two students he let out a large sigh.

“I expected this from Mino, but not you Sena.” He pulled up their files on his computer and looked over their histories. Mino was almost constantly in and out of detention but for some reason, this year he had only gone twice and when he was there he would just silently sit at his desk. Before, he would have made a huge deal out of the detention and demand that they call his parents and try to con his way out of getting out early. Sena on the other hand was now constantly in and out of the nurse’s office and showed signs of being bullied. But, because she didn’t ever mention any names of the people bothering her, they couldn’t look into it.

“Miss Sena, you know that you are on very thin ice.” He looked over her scholarship and noted that without it she wouldn’t be able to stay at the school anymore and she would have to be transferred back to Mokpo. “I’m giving you only one warning. If you are in my office one more time, I’m going to have to pull your scholarship. Do you understand?” Sena nodded her head.

“That’s not fair. They tripped her; she was trying to stop me.” Mino was standing up for her and Sena couldn’t help but feel embarrassed. Seeing Mino take her side made her heart flutter.

“Life isn’t fair Mister Song.”  He closed the files on the computer and looked at the both of them. “Scholarships are very rare in this school. People who are on scholarships are on higher standards than everyone else.” The principal could see how defeated Sena was and even though she was one of the top students in the school already, rules were the rules. “Mino, you will be having detention after school today and tomorrow. I expect to see you there.” With that the principal sent their away and the two of them were heading back to the cafeteria.

“I’ll make sure you don’t get in any trouble.” Mino said as they walked down the hall together. “You’re not allowed to leave us.”  When he said that he looked so determined that Sena actually felt like she could be protected by the boys. She knew that they would do what they could to keep her there. They met up with the boys again but Sena and Mino were silent. All they could think about was how close Sena was to getting kicked out. The school day ended and Rome was standing by the front gates but he had his phone pressed to his ear and he was in the middle of a conversation so Sena didn’t interrupt him. They walked home together and Sena just went straight to Rome’s apartment. She was getting used to being around people constantly so when she was alone she felt depressed. Rome was speaking in English so Sena didn’t even try to follow the conversation and when he did get off the phone he went straight onto his laptop. After sitting in his apartment for three hours, Sena was starting to get worried that something important was happening.

“Rome oppa.” Sena said and Rome’s head popped up from the computer screen. It was as if he was seeing her in his apartment for the first time that day. “What’s wrong?”  She rested her head in her hand and looked at him intensely.

“I’m adopted.” He said bluntly and Sena froze.

“D-Did you just find that out?” Now Sena felt awkward for just barging into his apartment like this, but Rome let out a little laugh.

“No, I’ve known that my whole life.” He saw Sena take a large sigh of relief. “I was just talking to my mom in Australia and I asked her to send over the adoption records so I could look them over.” He closed his laptop and now it was just him and Sena sitting at his tiny table, looking at each other.

“Why?” Sena was honestly interested in Rome’s life. Seeing her care so much about it made Rome’s heart waver. He was getting that same painful feeling as that time he brought her back from the hospital.

“I don’t know. I want to know who my real parents are I guess. My whole life I have been known as Yu Barom but…there is more to me that I just don’t know.” Rome saw the concern in Sena’s eyes and it upset him. He was the adult here; he wasn’t supposed to make his dongsaeng worry about him. Rome reached across the table the ruffled Sena’s hair so that it fell in front of her eyes. He couldn’t stand to have her staring at him like that. “Don’t look so sad you idiot.” Rome laughed and stood up from the table as Sena pushed her hair back out of her face.

“I’m sorry oppa.” Sena said, resting her head against the table. She looked like a lost puppy and Rome had to walk into the kitchen to stop himself from hugging her.

“Sorry? For what?”  Rome turned his back to her as he reached to grab some snacks for them from the cupboard.

“I’m sorry that you’re sad….and I’m sorry there isn’t anything I can do about your pain.” When Sena said that Rome froze mid-reach. His chest tightened and his heart beat wildly. Rome felt like crying and laughing at the same time. There was the sound of sniffling from behind him and Rome looked over his shoulder. Sena was crying and she covered her face and cried into her sleeves like a child. Rome couldn’t take it anymore and went over to her, wrapping his arms around her and pressing her face to his chest. He rested his chin on the top of her head and bit his bottom lip hard to stop himself from crying too.

“Stop crying Sena….” Rome muttered and she mad a whining noise.

“I can’t stop…if I could I would.” Sena moved her hands away from her face and held onto his shirt while she rested her forehead against his sturdy chest. “I just don’t want you to be lonely.” Rome reached down and grabbed Sena’s small face in his hands, and they were staring each other in the eyes, their faces only inches away from each other.

“I’m not alone. I have you. You’re my family here, no matter what happens with my real parents. You’re my lovely little sister. Understand?” Rome said, tears clearly in his eyes as well. Sena took a deep breath and tried to stop her crying. She nodded her head and Rome went back to hugging her. He didn’t want her to see him cry. It was true. They were family. Both of them were separated from their families. They were all they had and there was no way Rome was going to risk destroying that.  After a while they had calmed down, had dinner together and then Sena went back to her apartment. Truthfully she wanted to stay with Rome but she could tell that he wanted some time alone. So now she sat in her apartment, sad and alone and there was only one person that she wanted to talk to. There was only one person whose voice would cheer her up. Sena couldn’t stop thinking about this boy and her chest tightened. She grabbed onto her shirt, her heart hurting the more and more she thought about him. Sena didn’t want to admit it. She had been fighting her feelings for so long but the more time she spent alone with the boy, the more her feelings grew.

“You idiot.” Sena grabbed the phone and her finger hovered above his number. She wanted to call him. She wanted him to tell her that everything was going to be okay and that nothing bad would ever happen again. But, in the end she placed her phone on her bed side table and curled up in her blankets. Sena wanted this semester to be over. She wanted it to be winter vacation so she could go and see her family. She needed a break from feeling like she needed people to constantly protect her.

--------------------------------------

Omg the next chapter the mystery man is revealed

WHO IS THE MYSTERY MAN?!

#TeamSeungyoon

#TeamMino