TWENTY TWO

Empty Luv

It had been a week since Seungyoon had last seen Sena. He had tried to call and text her but her phone wasn’t activated anymore; most likely because she couldn’t afford it anymore. It was the beginning of winter break and Seungyoon found himself pacing around his room trying to figure out a way to see her. He picked up his guitar and strummed a few cords as his eyes fell onto the picture of Sena and her parents that he had kept on his desk. Just then his cellphone began vibrating on his bed and he lunged at it. He knew it wasn’t Sena, but he had that foolish hope that it was.

“Hello?!” He practically yelled into the phone and when he heard a male voice his excitement levels noticeably dropped.

“Oh, hey Hanbin.”

“…”

“no I can’t really talk right now”

“….”

“I’m busy……with stuff…..”

“….”

“Shut up, I’m not a like you.”

“….”

“I told you I’m busy. I can’t help you with your girl problems.”

“….”

“Ask Mino hyung about stuff like that.” Seungyoon hung up his phone and thought about throwing it across the room but he stopped himself. What if Sena did get a phone and tried to call him but his phone was broken. Seungyoon hated himself for just sitting around and waiting for her to come to him. He had to be a man about it. With his mind made up, Seungyoon called his driver and told them that tomorrow they would be going to Mokpo. The driver commented on the long drive but Seungyoon didn’t care. He was going to see Sena if it was the last thing he did. Seungyoon headed over to Sena’s old apartment building and went to the land lady who had all of her new information. He begged her to know Sena’s new address and only after using all of his aegyo on her, did she finally agree.

“You’re the second young man to ask for her address. This girl must be very special.” The land lady commented and before Seungyoon could ask about it more the lady went away to deal with a problem within the building. Seungyoon stared at the address all the way home and had memorized it by the time he went to sleep. It was snowing lightly when he woke up but Seungyoon wasn’t going to let that stop him. He got ready within thirty minutes and they were out the door. His mother had come home the night before but she was already buried with work in her office that she didn’t care that Seungyoon was running off. While on the four hour long car ride, Seungyoon confirmed all of his plans to bring Sena back to Seoul. He had read the rule book multiple times and found a loop hole. The thought of seeing Sena every day made Seungyoon ecstatic. He was sitting in the back of the car singing loudly to a song on the radio, it might have been obnoxious to the driver but he didn’t care. He had so much pent up energy that he needed to get it out before seeing her. Hours later the driver pulled up in front of a tiny house that seemed to be covered in years and years of dirt. Even the snow seemed dirty as it lay on the ground.

“Is this the house?” Seungyoon didn’t care about how it looked; he was already out of the car before the driver could open the door for him. He had no idea where his sudden courage came from, but Seungyoon walked straight up to the front door and knocked. A large man answered the door and Seungyoon almost fainted from shock. He was a gruff looking man with coarse facial hair, deep bags under eyes and winkles that creased his face like waves cutting into the sea. “H-Hello sir…I was wondering…does Park Sena live here?” Seungyoon cleared his throat as he looked at the man who was eyeing him suspiciously.

“She’s out right now.” He said, his deep voice shocking Seungyoon to his core. The man tried to close the door but Seungyoon’s hand shot out, keeping it open. It was an action that he automatically regretted because the look of anger filled the man’s eyes and Seungyoon feared for his life.

“Could you tell me where she might be….please….sir…” Seungyoon hadn’t come all the way just to be turned away by the first obstacle. The man, presumably her father, told Seungyoon that she had gone with a friend to the water front to shoot off some fireworks. Seungyoon thanked the man and bowed deeply but her father just slammed the door on his face.

“That man was rude.” His driver commented as Seungyoon made his way back to the car.

“I wouldn’t speak so loudly…he might hear you.” Seungyoon and his driver looked back towards the house and saw movement by the window. They quickly hurried into the car and sped off towards the waterfront. “Here is fine. Can you bring my things to the hotel?” Seungyoon stepped out of the car and his driver just bowed and went away. He was only going to stay one night, so he had to find Sena and tell her the plan which would hopefully work. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he saw Jinwoo’s name lite up the screen.

“Hello hyung.” Seungyoon answered as he walked along the boardwalk that was covering in a light dusting of snow.

“Have you found Sena yet?” Jinwoo asked and the voices of Taehyun and Seunghoon could be heard in the background.

“I’m looking for her right now.” Seungyoon’s eyes were scanning the area and off in the distance he heard the crack of a firework and then the familiar jingling sound of Sena’s laughter.

“Hurry up and find her! I miss my baby girl.” Jinwoo whined.

“Yah, don’t call her that.” Seungyoon was lightly jogging over to where he saw the fireworks and out on the frozen beach was Sena with a tall man in a leather jacket and beanie. “I’ve got to go.” Seungyoon said and hung up without waiting for Jinwoo’s reply. His eyes were locked onto the man that was hanging around Sena and pulled her away from the firework once she lit them on fire. Seungyoon walked out onto the beach with his hands in his pockets. The wind coming off of the water was freezing cold and he had no idea how Sena and the guy were happily running around in the cold.

“Park Sena?” Seungyoon called out and Sena turned around mid-laugh. When she saw Seungyoon standing there the smile left her face and she was standing there in pure shock. The guy she was with turned around also and it was none other than Rome who had a scowl on his face.

“Seungyoon……” Sena started walking towards him, still in a state of disbelief. “Is it really you?” She asked and Seungyoon smile brightly, opening his arms wide for his. Sena took off running to him and lunged into his embrace. They almost fell over but Seungyoon managed to keep them standing. “You’re really here!” Sena whined as she pressed her face into the nook of his neck. Seungyoon chuckled as he pat the top of her head. He almost couldn’t believe it also.

“I’m here, don’t worry.” Seungyoon whispered into her ear. Sena tightened her grip on him, not wanting to let him go. Seungyoon looked over Sena and saw Rome standing there with a firework in his hand. The two men glared at each other. Rome had very clearly told Seungyoon to leave Sena alone and in that time he tried to be with her. Seungyoon knew that Rome liked Sena but he wasn’t going to let anything come between them anymore. He had a plan. He was going to bring Sena back to Seoul where she belonged.

---------------------------------------------