TWELVE

Empty Luv

It was Thursday morning and Sena was feeling terrible. Her head was pounding, her stomach was uneasy and her whole body ached.  She pulled herself out of bed and dragged herself to the bathroom where she washed herself up. Even though she made herself some toast, one bite of it made her feel ill. So Sena decided to skip breakfast and met up with Rome who was waiting out in the hallways for her.

“Four more minutes and I would have charged in there.” Rome joked but Sena just nodded her head at him. “Wow, what’s wrong with you? You look green.”  He reached out his hand to touch her forehead but Sena swatted his hand away and gave him a little smile.

“Don’t worry. I didn’t sleep very well last night. Let’s go.” Sena brushed it off and Rome wanted to force her to stay home but he wasn’t her guardian. He was only her friend and all he could do was suggest that she take it easy while at school so she wouldn’t over exert herself. Halfway to school Sena had to hold onto Rome’s arm so she could keep up with him. She was out of breath when they reached the front gates and the boys were nowhere in sight. “Here.” Sena pulled out her keys and gave them to Rome.

“What am I supposed to do with this?” Rome asked but he put the keys into his coat pocket.

“Make a copy of my apartment key during your break or something. I want them back when we go home.”  With that the two of them separated and promised to see each other later that day. Sena was running a little late since she seemed to be struggling doing her normal routine. Walking up to the third floor was exhausting and made her dizzy, carrying around her textbooks made her joints throb and the loud noises of the students made it feel as if her ear drums were bleeding. Sena slipped into the classroom just as the bell rang and sitting in their seats were Seungyoon and Taehyun.

“Hey, what’s wrong? You’re never late.” Taehyun asked and Sena just shook her head. She didn’t want to tell them that she was feeling sick. Instead Sena sat through the lessons and tried to put all of her effort into focusing on what the teacher was saying, but it was proving to be difficult. Her eye lids were heavy and her body was begging for sleep and relaxation which Sena wasn’t willing to give it.

“We will be having a partner study session in the library today instead of gym since the exams are quickly approaching. So pick your partner and then the two of you can head to the library until lunch.” The teacher looked around as almost all of the students hands shot up in the air to tell him of their partners. He began writing down the partner names and sending them off. The teacher picked Seungyoon’s raised hand instead of Taehyun’s and the younger boy groaned almost as if he knew what was going to happen next.

“I want to be partners with Park Sena.” Seungyoon said loudly and full of confidence. The students left, including Sena, were all shocked that Seungyoon didn’t pick Taehyun. All of the girls left started calling out that they wanted to be paired up with Taehyun. Seungyoon packed up all of his stuff and went to Sena’s desk. “Ready to go and study?” He had a large smile on his face, very proud of himself for picking Sena before Taehyun could. Sena nodded her head and packed up her bag and the two of them left the class room. Before they left Sena looked over to Taehyun who was staring right back at her. She then quickly looked away and went with Seungyoon to the library.

For thirty minutes Sena and Seungyoon sat at a table in the library and Sena rambled on and on about classic Korean literature which Seungyoon didn’t care to know. Instead he sat across from her, strumming his guitar that he had brought along with him and he was tuning the guitar over and over again. They were in the very back corner, hidden away by the stacks and stacks of books so no one bothered them and the sounds of the soft guitar didn’t bother anyone else.

“You don’t care about studying do you?” Sena could feel a few beads of sweat starting to gather on her forehead. Her whole body was on fire and her head felt like it was being repeatedly hit with a sledge hammer.

“Not really.” Seungyoon was brutally honest and Sena just scoffed. “I just wanted to spend some time alone with you.” When Seungyoon said that Sena’s eyes shot up at him almost expecting him to be mocking her but instead he was smiling softly at her. “Are you blushing?” Seungyoon leaned forward to get a better look at her face.

“N-No!” Sena blurted out and she covered her cheeks. The heat radiating off of her body was amazing.

“Yes you are! Park Sena, did I make you fall for me?” Seungyoon sounded like he was boasting and he reached out his two hands to pull Sena’s hands away from her face but she quickly stood to her feet which might have been a bad idea because now the whole library was spinning around her.

“I’m not blushing!” Sena said as she slowly swayed from side to side. Seungyoon’s smile slowly faded away as he watched Sena having trouble standing.

“Sena…are you okay?” Seungyoon stood up and Sena took two steps away from the table. She was embarrassed that Seungyoon thought she was blushing. She didn’t want him near her. But, Sena’s eyes rolled to the back of her head and she fell to the ground like a rag doll. “SENA!” Seungyoon ran around the table and knelt by her side. He lightly touched her forehead and his jaw dropped. “You have a fever! You idiot! Why were you trying to hide it!” Seungyoon was scolding her even though she was passed out and couldn’t hear him. He picked Sena up in his arms, hating how light she was and how she felt insanely fragile in his arms. Seungyoon carried her all the way to the nurses office where the nurse ended up calling for a car to take her to the hospital.

Taehyun was sitting in the library as well and even heard Seungyoon’s loud voice, but he just assumed that he and Sena were fighting. Almost until ten minutes later he received a group text from Seungyoon saying that he was on the way to the hospital with Sena. Taehyun packed his bag and stood up from the table.

“Taehyun oppa, where are you going?” The girl he was paired with whined as she saw that Taehyun was going to leave her.

“None of your business.” Taehyun hated girls like her that hung around boys, begging for their attention. Girls in this school were only worried about climbing the social latter and didn’t actually care about anyone they knew. Taehyun ran out of the library and quickly met up with the other guys who all shared a taxi and ordered him to speed all the way to the hospital. The driver said he was only going to go the speed limit and Mino took out his wallet and threw all of his cash at the driver and yelled at him to speed. Jinwoo and Seunghoon just sat back and watched as their two friends panicked and tried calling Sena and Seungyoon’s cell phones multiple times.

Hours later Sena slowly woke up and heard the steady beat of a heart monitor. The bright hospital lights were blinding her so she raised her hand to block it and then she saw the IV stuck into the top of her hand.

“Ow.” It wasn’t painful; it was just that Sena wasn’t a fan of needles and knew that it must have hurt when they put it in. She looked around the room and saw all of WINNER lounging in various parts of the room, silently staring into nothingness. “What are you guys doing here?” Sena said as she sat herself up in the hospital bed. All of the guy’s ears perked up and when they saw that she was a awake they rushed her bed and surrounded her.

“You’re finally awake!” Jinwoo looked like he was about to cry. Sena reached out and held his hand to try and calm her sensitive friend.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” Sena tried to shake it off as humours but all of the guys were not in the mood.

“Why didn’t you tell us that you were sick?” Mino stood beside her and lightly nudged her arm. She shrugged and looked at her toes that she was wriggling under the blankets.

“I didn’t want to worry you.” Sena looked up to Mino then to Seungyoon and finally on Taehyun. They all had the same heartbroken expression on their faces and Sena felt like a terrible person. The guys hated that Sena still felt like she couldn’t tell them all of her problems. They didn’t want her to hide anything from them, especially something like her having a terrible fever. They all felt a sense of guilt over Sena being sick since they called her out late at night and they stayed outside longer than they should have.

“It doesn’t matter….from now on tell us if something is wrong.” Seunghoon said and Sena nodded her head like a toddler being scolded by her father. “Let’s take you home since school is over by now.”

“I can’t.” Sena said and the guys were all confused. “I can’t go home…Rome oppa has my keys…” She muttered the last part but they all still managed to hear her.

“WHY DOES HE HAVE YOUR KEYS?” Taehyun yelled and Sena slid down in her bed, pulling the covers over her head. She didn’t want to have to explain the situation between her and Rome to the guys. Sena wished she could just go to sleep and wake back up in her apartment which had slowly started to feel like home.

----------------------

Empty Luv Contest?

HEY ROME HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I love this boy <3