TWENTY ONE

Empty Luv

">http://

Sena and Seungyoon walked out of the apartment building, holding each other’s hands. Both of them looked like they were on the verge of breaking down and crying, but they were staying silent to keep each other strong. Waiting out front was Seungyoon’s car and his personal driver was standing by the back door, waiting for his young master to come over.

“Sena..” Seungyoon cupped Sena’s face in his hands, staring into her large puppy eyes. “I promise I will think of something to keep you in Seoul. Stay as long as you can. I will come and get you.” Seungyoon’s stare was determined but Sena could hear the anxiety in his voice.

“You promise?” Sena placed her hands on top of his and he smiled softly.

“I swear on my life, I will come and get you.” Seungyoon whispered and placed a loving kiss on her sweet lips. His driver looked away from their intimate moment. They separated and Seungyoon lowered his hands from her face. Neither of them wanted to say goodbye so they just silently nodded at each other as a silent agreement that they would see each other again. Seungyoon headed over to the car as his personal driver opened the back door. The driver closed the door once Seungyoon was inside and he gave Sena a look over. She lowered her gaze as she felt like she was being judged by the driver. Seungyoon was staring at Sena through the window. It was hard leaving her now, but he couldn’t stay at her apartment forever, he had to try and find a way around the rules and keep Sena with him. The driver sped away but Sena didn’t go back into the building until the car was out of sight.

Two days passed and there wasn’t a sign of Seungyoon or any of the other boys. None of them came over, none of them called or texted her. Sena went to Rome and told him everything that was happening, including what was going on between her and Seungyoon; she had never seen anyone look more devastated. He promised to help her pack up her things so that when he parents came the next day then the move would be easier. The two of them sat in Rome’s apartment until late at night, watching television.

“It’s time for bed don’t you think?” Rome said, looking at Sena whose gaze never left the television. “Come on Sena, you can’t stay here forever.” He reached over and tucked her hair behind her ear. She looked over at him with tears in her eyes. In less than twelve hours, her parents would be there with a moving truck and she would be whisked back to Mokpo.

“Oppa…” Sena sniffled and struggled to keep the tears back. “Can I stay here for the night?” Seeing her in such distress made Rome’s heart break.

“O-Of course…how can I say no to my little sister?” Rome patted the top of her head and he got up from the couch and went into the bathroom to change into his pyjamas. When he came back out, Sena was sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at her feet that swung above the ground. Rome cleared his throat and Sena looked up and gave a little smile. “Get in bed and go to sleep.” He ordered and Sena nodded her head. She crawled under the blankets and rolled over to the far side. Rome went to the kitchen and drank a huge glass of water. His mouth felt dry all of a sudden. He couldn’t avoid it anymore and climbed into the bed, their backs were facing each other. It felt weird to feel the warmth of another body in his bed, but it was uncomfortable. They laid there for a few minutes before Rome heard Sena crying softly. He rolled over and saw Sena’s shoulders slightly shaking.

“Sena? What’s wrong?” Rome whispered and Sena rolled over.

“I don’t want to leave!” Sena started crying harder and Rome felt his heart break. He wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her tight against his body. Sena cried into his chest while Rome her hair. Rome didn’t want her to leave either, but there was no way he would try to keep her there when she needed to go to her family. Although he had constantly said that they were siblings and the only family that each other had; Rome felt like a wolf. He didn’t know if he could be around Sena for a long time without wanting to gobble her up.

The next day Sena’s parents arrived early to come and take their daughter home. Rome had called the guys over and they did most of the heavy lifting. Her parents were dealing with the landlord with closing off her mail box and the forwarding address for which the mail should be sent to. Sena was sitting by the front door of the apartment building, her knees here pulled up to her chest and her eyes were fixated on the tires of the moving truck. There wasn’t much in the apartment so it took around two hours to get everything in the truck and finalize everything with the landlord. Sena asked if it was alright if she caught a bus later that day to go back to Mokpo because she wanted to spend a little more time with her friends. They agreed but they made her promise that she had to come back that day. If they found out she stayed overnight then she would be in a lot of trouble. Her parents took the truck back home and the guys all left since they had their own plans. Rome stood beside Sena who was still sitting on the ground.

“You’re going to wait for him, aren’t you?” Rome looked down at Sena who didn’t have a hat or gloves but the temperate was dropping quickly.

“He promised to come back…he promised…” Sena’s voice was shaking and Rome bit the inside of his mouth to stop himself from talking. He disliked WINNER before but now he hated Seungyoon with a passion. Sena didn’t deserve to have her hopes crushed like this. She clearly liked him, but he was just playing with her. Rome walked away from Sena and headed down the street. He needed some time to cool off before he would do or say something stupid. Hours passed and Rome finally wandered back to the apartment building. Still sitting by the front door was Sena who looked like she had frozen into a block of ice. He threw a hotpack at her head, nailing her in the middle of her forehead.

“Huh?” She grabbed it and looked up to see Rome’s face that had a dark shadow cast over it.

“He didn’t show up, did he?” Rome asked and Sena lowered her head again. He let out a large sigh and forced Sena to stand up on her feet. “Come on, I’ll take you to the bus station.” Rome led Sena to his bike and forced her to get on the back. He sped towards the bus station. It was true that Rome wanted her to stay, but he also wanted her to leave. He stayed with her until she stepped onto a direct bus to Mokpo. Sena grabbed a window seat and looked over at Rome who was standing under her window. She was going back to her parents but it felt like she was being separated from her family. The bus drove off and Sena waved goodbye to Rome who shyly waved back. She was gone. She was back home where she belonged.

The next day Rome heard a loud pounding on his door. He pulled himself out of bed, trying to tame his bed hair that was sticking up in a million directions. When he opened the door he saw the face of the person he hated.

“Rome, why isn’t Sena answering when I knock on her door?” Seungyoon seemed out of breath, as if he had run all the way here from his home.

“She’s not there.” Rome tried to close his door but Seungyoon stuck his foot in to keep it open.

“What do you mean she’s gone?” Seungyoon was in full blown panic mode. Rome glared at him and opened the door wide so he could be facing Seungyoon head on.

“I mean she is back in Mokpo with her parents.”

“But…but I-“

“But what? But you asked her to wait for you? You’re such a selfish little kid. She waited out in the cold yesterday for hours. But you never showed up.” Rome jabbed his finger into Seungyoon’s chest making him take a step back from the force. “So get out of my face before I kick the out of you.” Rome shoved Seungyoon and he stumbled back into the wall on the opposite side of the hallway. He slammed his door shut and let out a large sigh.

Seungyoon stood there in total shock. He headed back over to Sena’s old apartment and rested his hand on the door. He was too late. Just when he figured something out, she was already gone. He blamed himself for not acting sooner. He should have been there for her, but instead he just let her walk out of his life.