TEN

Empty Luv

Two weeks had gone by and the boys had kept their promise and didn’t bother Sena anymore. Well, they did, but they were bothering her because they wanted to be around her constantly. They would come over to her apartment and want to hang out but because her apartment was barely big enough for herself, they would always either end up going to a restaurant or over to Rome’s apartment. The boys of WINNER still didn’t like Rome and would constantly text her whenever she was alone with him.

It was Wednesday morning and Rome and Sena were walking towards her school together. Rome said he his job was being moved closer to her school so he would be able to walk her there and back if she wanted. He had even offered to take her there on his bike but Sena said she would rather walk. Sena’s phone was vibrating as Jinwoo kept sending her cute text messages and Seunghoon was sending her funny cat pictures.

“How are your boyfriends?” Rome asked, sounding slightly bitter. Sena was confused for a second until she felt her phone vibrate again and she figured out what he was talking about.

“They aren’t my boyfriends. They’re my friends…” Saying it out loud was a little weird but Sena was getting used to it. Rome breathed out heavily and his breath was visible. It was mid-November and it was getting really cold out. Sena was wearing a black jacket with large red buttons going down the front of it and even that wasn’t doing a great job at keeping the cold wind at bay.

“Its weird hearing you call them your friends….I thought we we’re your friends…” Rome muttered the last part and Sena chuckled. Seeing him jealous was adorable.

“You guys are my friends. I would actually consider you my best friend.” Sena said proudly, latching onto Rome’s arm. He smiled brightly and looked down at Sena who was clinging onto him like a child.

“Aigoo~ What will Maru think when he hears that?” Rome ruffled Sena’s hair and she just laughed. The other people on the street were looking at them and couldn’t help but smile. The two of them looked like a very loving couple as they walked down the street, Sena holding onto Rome’s arm and Rome lovingly looking at Sena with a smile full of pure joy. They didn’t care what other people thought of them. They were friends and nothing more and Rome wouldn’t have it any other way. They walked up to the front gates of the school and WINNER were standing there waiting for Sena with scowls on their face when they saw how close the two of them were.

“Sorry I’m late; Rome oppa walks like a grandpa.” Sena let go of Rome’s arm and lightly nudged him. Rome laughed and nudged her back but his eyes were stuck on the boys the whole time. He could tell that they were jealous of their relationship.

“I have to work late today since my work just moved. Just wait outside and I’ll pick you up.” Rome grabbed Sena and pulled her into a tight hug. He kissed the top of her head and Seunghoon had to hold one of his friends back from lunging at him. Sena was blushing like crazy as she shoved Rome away and walked over to her friends.

“Let’s go.” Sena said and they nodded their heads. While surrounding Sena the six of them walked into the school and everyone seemed to be on edge. They had thought that Sena and WINNER being civil to each other would end in a couple of days, but they only seemed to be getting friendlier with each other. That wasn’t allowed. Seeing WINNER mingling with a scholarship kid was terrifying in knowing that some of the most eligible bachelors in the school were being stolen by someone who wasn’t worthy of even being in their presence. Seungyoon, Taehyun and Sena walked into the class together. As Sena walked past one student to get to her desk, the student stuck out his leg and Sena tripped over it, falling to her hands and knees.

“Sena! Are you okay?” Seungyoon ran over and helped Sena stand on her feet. Taehyun went over to the guy that tripped her and grabbed him by his collar. Sena reached out and grabbed Taehyun’s arm.

“Stop it.” She quietly said to him and Taehyun slowly let go of the guy’s shirt. “I’m sorry. I didn’t see your foot there.” Sena bowed and apologised once more. Seungyoon and Taehyun were confused by what was going on and just watched as their friend apologised for being tripped.

“You scuffed my shoe.” The kid said and Sena once again bowed and apologised. Seungyoon this time reached out and grabbed the kid and pulling him to his feet.

“Don’t act like a brat! Apologise for tripping her!” Seungyoon yelled at the guy who was totally panicking. Usually Seungyoon was the clam one out of the five and seeing him so worked up he would use violence was a rare sight.

“Seungyoon! I said to stop!” Sena grabbed Seungyoon and forced his hands off of the guy. She apologised for the boys actions and then forcefully pushed the guys back to their seats.

“I can’t believe you apologised.” Taehyun said, pouting at his desk.

“You guys just don’t get it.” Sena muttered to herself but Seungyoon was close enough to hear it. When both of the guys were at their desk and promised not to hit anyone, Sena finally reached her seat just as the teacher was walking into the room.

When it was gym time the girls and the boys had to be separated. The boys were outside running laps while the girls were inside the gym playing volley ball on one side of the gym. On the other side, the boys from Mino and Seunghoons grade were playing basketball. Mino and Seunghoon weren’t interested in the game and were instead looking at Sena who awkwardly stood on the volleyball court looking very nervous. She had played when she was much younger but when she broke her ankle she was forced to stop. But, all of the girls in her class seemed to be semi-professionals because the games were very intense and went by very quickly.

“She looks cute.” Seunghoon commented on Sena. She was wearing a basic white tee-shirt and black shorts. Mino grunted in agreement as his eyes kept wandering between the basketball game and the volleyball game.

“How much longer is this stupid class?” Mino asked and tried to read the clock on the other side of the gym but his eye sight was poor and he had forgotten to wear his contacts that day. Seunghoon shrugged, not really caring about the time. He was more interested in the girls playing volleyball.

“SENA~” Seunghoon called out lovingly. All of the girls looked over to Seunghoon who was waving both of his arms in the air. “Seunghoon mommy is cheering for you~ Play well~!” Sena covered her face in embarrassment as Seunghoon continued to call out to her. The girls were jealous and annoyed with Sena. They have had enough of her parading around her friendship with the boys. The girl serving on Sena’s side hit the ball hard, purposefully spiking Sena in the back of the head. Sena fell to the ground hard, clutching the back of her head. Mino jumped to his feet when he saw the ball hit her.

“YAH!” Mino called out in frustration. The gym teacher looked over and saw Sena pulling herself up from the ground and the other girls laughing at her.

“Sena, go to the nurses office if you’re hurt. Otherwise, keep playing.” The gym teacher blew their whistle the girl was given the ball again to serve. Sena looked back at her and knew that if she continued to play then she would just be the target for the rest of the girls. Sena walked off of the court, one of the girls shoulder checking her, pretending to go for the ball. When Sena was hit she fell to the ground again. Her head was spinning from getting nailed from the ball so the simplest touch would send her off balance. By now Mino and Seunghoon ran over to Sena and helped her to her feet.

“You better not bother Sena anymore or you’re going to have to deal with us.” Mino threatened the girls and they all nervously looked away from him. Out of all of the guys of WINNER, Mino was definitely the scariest with Taehyun following a close second. Seunghoon wrapped his arm around Sena’s waist and she put her arm on his shoulder and he walked her out of the gym with Mino right behind them. “Are you okay?” Mino asked Sena softly, he was afraid to even raise his voice and hurt her.

“I’m fine…just a little dizzy.” Sena smiled, trying to calm down the boys who were clearly upset. They brought her to the nurse’s office and then they were ordered to leave because they were supposed to be in gym class. The nurse said it would be better for her to rest than go to class so the nurse wrote her a pass and headed off to her classroom to give it to her teacher. Sena laid down in single bed in the far corner of the nurses office and quickly fell into a deep sleep.

The nurse walked into the Seungyoon and Taehyun’s class room and their heads popped up, thinking it was going to be Sena since she was late and she had never been late before. They saw the nurse hand the note to the teacher and then the teacher look over at Sena’s desk since he hadn’t even noticed her absence. He nodded his head and marked something down in his ledger before the nurse left the room. Taehyuns hand shot up into the air and the teacher pointed towards him, giving him the chance to ask a question.

“Where’s Park Sena?” Taehyun asked and Seungyoon noticed a few of the girls smirking before they lowered their heads.

“She was injured during gym class so she is currently resting in the nurse’s office. A few girls snickered and Seungyoon shot them a death glare and the girls instantly became quiet. Taehyun let out a sigh before sinking down in his seat. It was frustrating that if they weren’t constantly around her than she became the instant target for bullying. The boys were angry that they couldn’t be there for her. When school ended Sena finally emerged from the nurses office and headed to her locker and standing there were the guys, all of them had concerned looks on their faces until Seungyoon looked up and spotted her walking towards them. He smiled and slapped Mino’s chest causing the other boys to look up. When all of them saw Sena and saw that she was fine they all smiled and let out a collective breath that they had been subconsciously holding.

“What’s up?” Sena asked, confused as to why they were all waiting for her since they had never really done that before.

“Nothing…” Jinwoo looked around at the guys and from the looks they were giving each other; they didn’t want Sena to know that they were worried for her safety. Sena just shrugged and moved them out of the way so she could get her textbooks. The guys all said their goodbyes at the front gate and Sena waved good bye to them and stood there, waiting for Rome. One of the boys got his driver to park a little further down the street so he could keep an eye on Sena without her noticing. Rome ran up to the front gate thirty minutes later and Sena was smiling bright when she noticed him running to her. The boy was glad that she didn’t have to wait out in the cold anymore and he told the driver to leave. Although he didn’t want to leave Sena with Rome, it was better than her being alone.