FIFTEEN

Empty Luv

">http://

Sena locked herself in her room for the rest of the weekend and ignored all of her texts and calls, except for the ones from Rome since has just checking up on her to see if she was alive. When Monday came around Sena considered staying home but when Rome came knocking on her door she decided to get dressed and go.

“What’s wrong with you? Are you still sick?” Rome asked as they walked towards the school. Sena couldn’t even raise her head as she sulked and sighed heavily. Rome stopped Sena and grabbed her face with his hands. He pressed his forehead against hers to check her temperature. Sena’s face turned bright red as Rome looked at her closely.

“R-Rome oppa…” Sena muttered and he hummed in response.

“You don’t seem to be sick anymore.” Rome said, but he still didn’t move away from Sena.

“HEY!” Someone called out and the two of them separated. They looked over and saw Seungyoon with his guitar on his back and a small plastic bag in his hand. “Sena~” He waved at them and Sena awkwardly looked at Rome and then back to Seungyoon.

“Hey.” Sena waved back at him and Seungyoon smiled brightly. He jogged up to them and he gave Rome a wicked look before looking to Sena.

“Have you eaten breakfast?” Seungyoon asked and Sena shook her head. He reached into the plastic bag and pulled out some bread and a juice and handed it to here. “Eat.” Sena took what he handed her and she couldn’t help but smile. She didn’t realise how hungry she was until she saw the food in front of her.

“Well, I better get to work. I’m running a little late. I’ll pick you up from school, alright?” Rome placed his hand on Sena’s shoulder. She nodded her head, focusing on the food more than him. Rome laughed and headed off without them.

“Let me help.” Seungyoon took the break and took it out of the package and then gave it back to her. Sena took a large bite of it and let out a little whine of satisfaction. “Aigoo, you’re so easy to make happy.” He laughed at her and Sena rolled her eyes. They walked to school together and the guys were waiting at the front gate for them. Sena had just finished the bread and wanted to open her drink but she seemed to be struggling.

“What took you guys so long, it’s freezing out here.” Mino grabbed the drink from her hands and easily opened it before hanging it back. She thanked him and the six of them walked into the school. Sena and Taehyun would give each other cautious looks and even a few shy smiles. They went to Seungyoon’s locker and they were all laughing and talking about what they did during the weekend, Taehyun and Sena were purposefully avoiding the topic of their failure of a date.

“I need to get a text book.” Sena excused herself and jogged down the hallway to her locker. When she opened it a few pieces of folded up paper fell out. Sena bent down and picked them up and she opened them. When she saw what was inside her eyes widened. They were filled with threats and curse words. Many were saying that people thought Sena was sleeping with the boys or that she was a e and that was the only reason the guys were hanging out with her. Sena felt tears filling her eyes and her lungs burned for air since she had seemed to have forgotten how to breathe.

“Ready?” Mino called out as the guys were walking up to her. Sena quickly stuffed the papers into her blazer pocket and pretended to yawn which she blamed for the reason her eyes were watery. “Sleep more you idiot. I don’t want to see you yawning all day, its gross seeing the back of your throat.” Mino joked and Sena lightly hit his arm. He could tell there was something wrong with her, but if she didn’t feel comfortable talking about it in front of everyone he would just have to wait until he could get her alone to figure everything out. Sena grabbed the text book and headed to class with Seungyoon and Taehyun. As soon as she entered the classroom she felt the eyes of the students on her and she knew it was them who put the notes in her locker. She sat down at her desk and the hairs on the back of her neck stood up. Sena felt like the prey surrounded by hungry carnivores.

It was time for gym class and this time the whole class was playing dodge ball. They had to split into two teams and the teacher made Taehyun and another guy in the class the captains. Taehyun was going to pick Seungyoon when he saw his friend slightly nudge Sena. She looked back at him and gave him a weird look. Taehyun understood the signal and picked Sena first; as she walked over by Taehyun, all of the students were glaring at her. To their surprise the other leader picked Seungyoon, separating the three friends.

“Okay, let’s play!” The teacher yelled when all of the students had been separated. Sena stood on one side of the gym and she was staring at Seungyoon who was looking right back at her. She didn’t want to play this since she felt she had a giant target on her back. As soon as the game started some students charged at the balls that were lined up in the middle of the court. When the students on the other team got the balls they automatically aimed for Sena. Taehyun pulled her out of the way for most of them and even caught one or two.

“Geez, people aren’t going easy today.” Taehyun said to Sena and she just nodded in reply. She knew that they were trying extra hard to hit her and that Taehyun was doing most of the work. Seungyoon was the only one trying to get other people out. Taehyun caught another one of the balls and handed it to Sena. “Try throwing it.” The two of them were still a little awkward but they were making an effort to try and be friendly with each other. Sena threw the ball and she hit another female student at her tight.

“YAH!” The girl yelled at Sena and she apologised. Seungyoon couldn’t hide the smirk on his face as he grabbed the ball Sena threw off of the ground and threw it at another student. A boy on Taehyun’s team saw his chance and whipped the ball at Sena, nailing her on the side of her face. A few people gasped as the hard hit knocked Sena off of her feet and she fell to the ground. Sena automatically covered her face with one of her hands, the pain was intense and it was even worse because she didn’t expect it.

“Sena!” Taehyun knelt down beside her to see if she was hurt and how bad the damage was. The students were laughing at Sena as she slowly stood on her feet. Seungyoon charge across the gym and grabbed the other student by his shirt. He swept his feet from under him and slammed the student on the ground with a loud thud. The student groaned in pain as Seungyoon climbed on top of him, his fist raised in the air, ready to hit him. The teacher blew the whistle and all of the students became quiet.

“Park Sena, go to the nurses office. Kang Seungyoon, go to the principal’s office! NOW!” The teacher was furious as they watched their students acting like children. Sena looked over to Seungyoon and saw him slowly get off of the student, whispering threats to him. Taehyun started guiding Sena out of the gym when the teacher blew the whistle again. “Nam Taehyun, where do you think you’re going?”

“I’m taking Sena to the nurses office.” He said and the teacher shook their head.

“No, you’re not. You’re going to keep playing. As soon as you’re out then you can go see her.” The teacher blew this whistle again and ordered for the game to continue. Taehyun wanted to argue with the teacher but Sena told him that she was fine and they she could go on her own.

“The nurses office is on the way to the principal’s office, I’ll take her.”  Seungyoon walked over to the two of them and he had appeared to have calmed down a little bit. Taehyun promised that he would come as soon as he could and Sena just nodded her head as she left the gym with Seungyoon. The walk was quiet for most of the way until Seungyoon decided to speak up. “I’m sorry.”

“Hm? For what?” Sena looked to him, she was still covering the part of her face that had been hit because she didn’t know what it looked like or if there was a mark.

“I couldn’t protect you…I’m sorry.” Seungyoon let out a large sigh and he looked to Sena who shook her head.

“It was just an accident.” She smiled even though it hurt to express any sort of emotion.

“No it wasn’t! He aimed for you!” Seungyoon yelled and it shocked Sena a little bit. She didn’t like the angry Seungyoon that was in front of her.

“It was an accident, nothing more.” Sena stared at him, trying to get him to realise that she didn’t want to make a big deal out of this. She said she would see him later as she walked into the nurses office. When the nurse saw her she sighed and told her to go lay down on the bed and she would be over in a minute to look at her. Sena laid down on the bed and let out a large sigh. She didn’t want the boys to get involved with the bullying. If they stuck up for her then the students might turn on them and hurt the boys and she couldn’t stand that. Sena was more willing to take all of the negative words and all of the pain to stop the boys from being hurt, but by doing that she was hurting the boys even more.

----------------------------------

Your browser does not support iframes.

">http://