THREE

Empty Luv

">http://

Sena was freshly showered and changed into a pair of dark wash jeans and a cream coloured pull over sweater. She was drying her hair with a towel when there was a knock on the door. She became completely still as she stood in the middle of her apartment. The thought of WINNER standing outside her apartment crossed her mind, but she decided to take the risk and answered the door and standing there was Rome with his seemingly permanent smile.

“Hey.” He put his hands in his pant pockets and rocked back and forth on his feet. Sena looked down and noticed he was still wearing his house slippers even though he was in the hallway. “I was wondering, since you’re all alone, if you wanted to come over to my place and have dinner. My friends are over and we’re having a potluck.” Rome smiled weakly and Sena was trying to figure out the last word he had said. When he noticed that she was confused he explained that a potluck is when a group of people gather and bring food so they have a bunch of food to pick and choose from.

“I don’t have food.” Sena embarrassing admitted and Rome’s expression softened.

“Even better. My friends brought way too much food. You can eat and then take all the left overs.” Rome smiled brightly and Sena wished that she could crawl into a hole and hide away from the world. “Come over whenever you’re ready.” Rome gave a little bow before headed back to his apartment. Sena closed the door and looked at her reflection in the camera of her phone. She brushed her hair and put on a little lip gloss before meekly heading over to Rome’s apartment. She hesitated to knock on the door, but she somehow forced herself to do it. Rome quickly opened the door and smiled when he saw Sena. He stepped aside and Sena walked inside to see that he had a slightly bigger apartment than her. He had a separate bedroom area with an actual door and he had a little couch with a small television. Sena looked around at the group of people and realised it was all guys.

“Rome…they’re all…” Sena was becoming a little bit paranoid and thought about running out of the apartment in case anything was going to happen.

“Don’t worry about it. We’re harmless. The one over there, stuffing his mouth with food, is Siwoo.” Rome pointed him out and when Siwoo heard his name his ears perked up and waved when he saw Sena. “Ray is the quiet one watching television. T.K is the one in the kitchen actually watching over the food to make sure my place doesn’t burn down. And the two arguing like children are Kangjun and Maru. Surprisingly, Maru is a high school student as well.”  Sena grew interested when she heard that there was someone around her age here because all of the guys looked older and it was a little bit intimidating. “GUYS!” Rome called out in English and all of his friends looked over as if they had finally noticed that there was a girl in the room. “This is Sena. She lives down the hall and has come to enjoy our delicious food.”

“Delicious….edible….same thing.” Siwoo joked and they heard T.K laugh from the kitchen.

“It clearly isn’t stopping you from hogging all of the food.” Kangjun grabbed the plate out of Siwoo’s hand and ate as much as possible before Siwoo wrestled it back. They were laughing and having a good time. They all looked intimidating like Rome, but they all seemed to be just as kind as him.

“Why don’t you sit down by Ray, I’ll get you some food. Are you allergic to anything?” Rome said and Sena shook her head. He went off to the kitchen to load up a plate of food. Sena cautiously sat down on the couch, as far away from Ray as possible since he seemed especially cold.

“How old are you?” Ray suddenly asked and for some reason Sena couldn’t remember her age.

“Uhh…sixteen?” Sena said and the corner of Ray’s mouth turned up in a smile.

“Are you asking me if you’re sixteen?” Ray joked and Sena apologised and confirmed that she was sixteen. “Hey Maru! Sena is your noona!” Ray called out and within two seconds Maru jumped over the back of the couch and squeezed himself between Ray and Sena.

“Oh, you’re my noona? You better treat your dongsaeng well Sena noona.” Maru smiled like an idiot before Rome came over and smacked the back of his head.

“That sounds like a threat you idiot. Be nice to Sena, I like her better than you.” Rome looked to Sena and gave her a little wink as he handed her a plate he filled with food.

“What? But I’m your cousin! You have you like me. It’s like…a law…” Maru whined to Rome who just walked away with Maru following him like a puppy. Sena looked around at the energetic boys and heard Ray let out a sigh. She looked over to him and he gave her a little smile.

“Yes. They’re always like this. Welcome to the madness.” Ray turned his attention back to the television just as Maru’s whining got louder and Kangjun mocked him. Two hours later Sena said she had to go back to her place and study. Rome and T.K packed almost all of the food into containers for her so she could bring it back to her place. She couldn’t carry it all so Rome had to go with her. Sena struggled to unlock the door while balancing a few containers in her hands but she managed it and pushed the door open. Rome followed Sena into her apartment and finally got a full look at just how small her place was.

“So…did you have fun?” Rome asked as he stepped into the kitchenette and Sena helped him put the food on the small counter space that she had.

“Yeah. The guys were nice.” Sena admitted. She really did have a nice time; it was fun to be around people who didn’t look at her like she was a victim.

“Good because they really liked you and wanted to know if you could hang out with us tomorrow. We were going to go to an amusement park and just have fun.” Rome sounded very excited about it and hearing him excited made Sena excited, until she remembered that she had absolutely no money.

“I would but…I can’t…the admission tickets are expensive.” Sena was strategically putting the food into the fridge; her years of playing Tetris were finally coming in handy.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll pay for you.” Rome said confidently and Sena froze.

“You don’t have to.” Sena said, facing Rome who was leaning against the counter.

“I want to.” He said softly and Sena felt her neck grow hot. “I’ll see you after school.” With that Rome said goodbye and left her apartment. Sena was alone again and found that she missing the boys loud voices and contagious laughter. She was now looking forward to tomorrow so she could be around them more.

One of the boys of WINNER was lying on their bed, in their large room, looking up at the ceiling. They had music playing loudly so none of the house staff could hear him or come bother him. He needed some alone time to think. He was constantly surrounded by people who were always telling him what he should be thinking and feeling. But for once, he was feeling something all on his own. He couldn’t get the image of Sena out of his mind. How she ran out of the cafeteria, covered in food. How she quickly scrambled to try and save her family picture and just how devastated she was when the picture was ripped in half.

When she had run out of the school he had picked up the picture and stuffed it into his pocket to hide it from the rest of his friends. Now that he was back home he had spent twenty minutes trying to salvage it, but there was no use. It was pretty destroyed. He had managed to get almost all of the paint off, but the picture was still smudged and blurred. He propped the picture up on his desk and found it painful to look at. Sena came from a happy family yet she was the victim of people whose families see their children as nothing but future CEO’s.

The boy wondered what it was like to have a loving family or what it was like to even hug his mother. The last time he did his mother ordered a maid to take him away. She was too busy working and didn’t need useless things, like her sons love, as a distraction. Since that day the boy had been cold and unforgiving. He didn’t want to have a soft spot for Sena. He needed to be tough because he knew that none of his friends were going to go easy on her. Honestly, he was not a good guy, there might be times when he would make her cry, but he wanted nothing more than to be the reason she smiles every day.

------------------------------

Next chapter is a BANG chapter~ Woo~

Who is excited to start trying to figure out who the Mystery man is?!

C-CLOWN

Siwoo, Kangjun, Rome, Ray, Maru, T.K