SEVENTEEN

Empty Luv

">http://

 The final bell rang and Seungyoon was whisked away to detention and Sena took her time packing her bag. Taehyun offered to wait with her but then Mino and Jinwoo came to take him away claiming that he had to help them study for their upcoming exams. Sena said goodbye to them and then headed to her locker while pulling out her cellphone to call Rome.

“I’m almost there.” Rome said as soon as he answered the phone.

“You don’t have to pick me up; I’m going to hang out with Seungyoon and then head home.” Sena opened her locker and more notes fell out. She didn’t even read them and just put them in her backpack.

“Are you sure? I can just come and get you later.” Rome could see the school ahead of them and he watched as all of the rich, spoiled children piled into cars that cost more than his whole apartment. The cars would then take them to their homes that were larger and more extravagant than anything he could imagine. He was still feeling a little bit protective of Sena over the fact of having such rich and powerful friends. It didn’t make sense why they would want to be around her when they could hang out with other people like them who could understand their way of life. Sena wasn’t one of them. She would never be one of them. She belonged to be with someone normal. Someone like himself.

“No, we’re going to go shopping afterwards. I’ll drop by your place for dinner, okay?” Sena and Rome hung up and now she was standing in the school, one of the only students left. She pulled the notes from this morning and put them with the other ones now buried in her bag. Walking through the quiet hallways alone was a little weird and Sena was just wandering around, looking for something to do to keep her busy for the next thirty minutes. That was when Sena stumbled onto the music room. She popped her head into the room and saw in the far corner was a large grand piano.

“Might as well.” Sena went into the room, grabbed some music sheets from the side of the room and sat down at the piano with her backpack on the bench beside her. After stretching her hands, Sena started playing. She had learned to play the piano as a small child and it was something that she had always loved. Her father, who was a gruff and silent man, was a very talented musician who was a master at the guitar, piano, violin and harmonica. As she played the memories of being with her father flooded her mind.

She could remember sitting in the living room of their tiny little house by the docks, the smell of breakfast her mother was making filled the house. Her father would sit beside her and his large, rough hands guided her tiny hands along the ivory keys. Once she could play a song all by herself, her father would play the violin and sing along, his deep voice vibrated through the house along with her mother complaining that they were too loud. Their life was simply but it was happy and Sena wished it could have stayed like that forever.  That all changed when her father was fired and he had to sell the instruments to pay for her school uniforms and books. Sena worked hard in school and prayed to get the scholarship to this school. Graduating from this school could lead to a great university and then a well-paying job. Since the day her father sold their little, old piano she had vowed that with her first real pay check that she would buy him a grand piano like the one she was playing now so that she could see his smile on more time.

“Hey.” The door to the music room swung open and Sena was pulled out of her memories. Standing there was Seungyoon with a wide smile on his face and his guitar and backpack. “You can play the piano?” He rushed over to her side and Sena panicked, and looked around to try and find something to make him distracted. “How do you know how to play?” He tapped one key over and over again and Sena awkwardly looked down at her hands that rested on the piano.

“My father taught me.” When Sena said that, Seungyoon could hear the hurt and sadness behind her words.

“My mother paid for me to get piano lessons as a kid but I hated it. I watched videos online and learned how to play the guitar instead. Guitar players get all the girls.” Seungyoon joked and Sena rolled her eyes. “If I had music sheets, could you play a song?” He asked and Sena thought about it for a little while before she figured that she could. Seungyoon pulled a tablet from his backpack and searched something up. He placed the tablet on the sheet holder and Sena looked it over and saw that it was for the song ‘Say Something.’

“Why are you showing me this?” Sena asked as she watched Seungyoon pull a chair over beside the piano and then he took his guitar out of its case.

“We’re going to play together.” Seungyoon said calmly, tuning his guitar.

“W-What? But I’m not very good!” Sena handed him the tablet back but Seungyoon just put it back.

“Then just sing loudly so I won’t notice the mistakes.” Seungyoon sat there, waiting for Sena to get ready.

“SING?!” Sena only sang in the shower and she was far from being good. She happily considered herself tone deaf. Even going to the karaoke with her friends was deadly.

“Start.” Seungyoon ordered.

“B-but..”

“Start~!” And with that Sena started playing the song and Seungyoon started up soon after. He didn’t have to have music sheets in front of him and he knew exactly when to start singing. When he opened his mouth and began singing, Sena fumbled with a few keys because she was surprised by just how talented Seungyoon was.

Say something, I'm giving up on you. I'll be the one, if you want me to.” As Seungyoon sang he looked to Sena, a smile on his face as if encouraging her on. When it came time for Sena and Seungyoon to sing together, she was hesitant at first but the look in Seungyoons eyes brought out her courage.

And I am feeling so small. It was over my head. I know nothing at all.” When Seungyoon heard Sena sing he smiled even brighter and now he focused on playing his guitar. Seungyoon was leading Sena so well that she didn’t even realise that she was getting very into the song and was starting to sing with as much passion as she could.

And I will swallow my pride. You're the one that I love. And I'm saying goodbye.” As Sena and Seungyoon this part their eyes automatically traveled to each other and then nervously fluttered away from each other. Singing with Seungyoon was showing a totally different side to him. Usually Seungyoon was unmotivated, lazy and stubborn but with music he let it flow through him so naturally that Sena was hypnotized by his talent.

Say something, I'm giving up on you. Say something...” The song ended and the two of them sat in the silence of the room.

“Beautiful.” Seungyoons soft voice said in almost a whisper. Sena looked up and saw that he was staring right at her. Her heart was beating quickly and her hands nervously wandered over the keys. Seungyoon stood up and walked over to Sena and his sudden movement startled her. She stood up, knocking her bag off of the bench. It fell over and the contents of her bag were sprawled out onto the floor. “Sorry.” He put his guitar down and knelt over to pick up her stuff.

“Wait!” Sena tried to scoop everything up to try and find the notes, but of course Seungyoon found on and opened it. “DON’T!” She ripped it out of his hands, but it was too late. Sena could see by the hurt and confused look on his face.

“Sena…are you…being bullied?” Seungyoon watched as Sena looked like she was about to cry. She couldn’t hide it anymore. It was too late. Sena sat down on the ground and hung her head, her shoulders shaking from the silent sobbing. Seungyoon knelt beside her, wrapping his arms around her in a tight embrace. She grabbed onto his jacket and began crying. It felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off of her shoulders. She had someone who knew she was in pain and the person who knew was someone she could trust. Sena couldn’t imagine being with anyone other than Seungyoon at that moment. She felt like he wouldn’t judge her or scold her for hiding it from them. Instead he just silently held her as she cried out all of her frustration and fear.

--------------------------------

Omomo so cute ^^