ELEVEN

Empty Luv

It was ten o’clock at night on Wednesday and Sena was still wide away. She had taken a few Advil to get rid of her headache that had been following her around since she got hit with a volley ball earlier in the day. Sena was sitting on her bed, staring at the empty wall in front of her, contemplating if she should go over and bother Rome for a few hours until she could fall asleep. Sena’s phone started ringing and she lunged at it, hoping that it was her parents but instead it was Seungyoon calling her.

“Hey.” Sena answered the phone unenthusiastically and Seungyoon laughed.

“Glad to hear from you too. Are you getting ready to sleep?” Seungyoon asked and Sena almost wanted to hang up. The guys never called her so something must have been going on.

No….why?” Sena was curious and also a little afraid.

“Come to the park by your house. You have ten minutes or I’m going to pour more paint in your locker.” Seungyoon hung up the phone and Sena was just standing there, confused and a little annoyed. Sena thought about not going, just to spite him but she got dressed and ran out of the apartment. About ten minutes later the boys of WINNER saw Sena running up to them. When she reached them she put her hands on her knees and was panting heavily.

“YOU!” Sena said, jabbing her finger in Seungyoons direction. “YOU MADE ME RUN!” She yelled at him and Seungyoon just chuckled.

“I didn’t make you run, you ran because you were obeying my orders. Good girl.” Seungyoon reached out and patted the top of Sena’s head and ruffling her hair until it was standing up in a million different directions. Sena stood up straight, jutting out her bottom lip in fake frustration. The six of them hung out at the park and talked. While they were talking it started to lightly snow, reminding Sena of romantic scenes in Western movies she used to watch with her parents.

“Why are we talking like adults? This is boring. I want to do something fun.” Jinwoo whined, Sena questioning his age. There were brief moments when Jinwoo acted his age, but they were very very rare.

“Hide and go seek?” Seunghoon’s eyes grew bright as he looked around at his friends. They were all trying to act cool, but they all wanted to play as well.

“JINWOO HYUNG IS IT!” Mino yelled out.

“I’M GOING TO BE A TEAM WITH SENA!” Taehyun grabbed Sena’s hand and ran away with her; the yells from the other guys could be heard behind them about how it wasn’t fair that he got to be with Sena. Jinwoo was complaining that he had to look for them because he knew he was going to her lost in the park. Taehyun ran with Sena until they reached a gazebo that was lightly dusted with snow. They ran onto it and sat down on the ground their backs pressed against the railings that went all the way around.

“He’s going to find us here.” Sena said, she was being slightly paranoid and kept looking over the railing to see if Jinwoo was nearby. She knew that he wouldn’t be able to see them well because the gazebo was well hidden and it was totally dark around them with the only like being from a distance lamp that lined the major path through the park.

“No he won’t we’re fine here. Jinwoo will get lost and in ten minutes he will call Seungyoon hyung to come and find him.” Taehyun pulled out a pair of gloves that he had stuffed into his jacket pocket. He put one on his hand and gave the other one to Sena.

“Thanks.” She put it on and stuffed her bare hand into her pocket to try and keep it warm. The two of them sat in silence, awkwardly leaning against each other for warmth while they waiting for any sign of human life.

“So…how’s your head?” Taehyun lightly tapped her forehead with his hand and Sena swatted at him.

“I’m fine. I had a head ache earlier but some medicine and fresh air has really helped.” Sena looked at her hands and was about to take her glove off when Taehyun reached out and stopped her.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“I’m going to put the glove on my other hand. My pocket must have a hole in it or something because I think my fingers are about to fall off.” Sena tried to shake off his hand but instead Taehyun took his gloveless hand and grabbed her freezing hand. He held onto it tightly before putting their hands in his coat pocket.

“You could have said something earlier.” Taehyun said and Sena awkwardly looked away. She felt her hands getting a little bit sweaty from the heat radiating from Taehyun.

“If you wanted to hold my hand you could have just asked.” Sena said, clearly just joking around but the look Taehyun gave her rendered her silent.

“Really?” He said in a whisper and Sena thought she was going to die. Sena couldn’t understand why so many girls threw themselves at Taehyun when he was such a violent and miserable person. But, that she was really getting to know him, Sena could understand why the girls had fallen in love with him. He was handsome. Charming. Funny. Cute. All of the things a girl would want in a man.

“Taehyun! Sena! Jinwoo hyung is lost again!” They heard Mino’s voice nearby and the two of them jumped to their feet and pulled their hands apart. Taehyun cleared his throat and walked off of the gazebo with Sena trailing after him. They met up with Mino who was wandering down the main path looking for Sena, Taehyun and Jinwoo. They walked up to Mino and his eyes automatically fell on Sena’s hand. She looked down to figure out what he was looking at and when she noticed she still had Taehyun’s glove on she quickly took it off and handed it back to him.

“Thanks for the glove…it was…warm…” The more Sena talked the more she felt like burring her head into the ground.

“Yeah well…let’s look for Jinwoo hyung.” Taehyun said and walked away from Mino and Sena. She looked over to Mino who looked a little agitated before following after Taehyun. Sena chased after the both of them. A few minutes later the six of them met up by the park entrance, Seunghoon had found Jinwoo by the bathrooms.

“I’ll see you guys in school tomorrow.” Sena turned to walk away when Seungyoon grabbed her hand. She felt her heart skip a beat when Seungyoon grabbed her hand. It was so sudden that it had caught Sena off guard.

“What do you think you’re doing?” He asked with a very serious tone.

“Going home?” Sena replied trying to take her mind off of the fact that both Taehyun and Seungyoon have held her hand.

“It’s almost midnight.” Seungyoon pulled out his phone to double check the time.

“Yeah….what’s your point?” Sena chuckled and looked to the other guys who also seemed to mimic Seungyoon’s worry. 

“I’ll walk you home.” Mino said and Seungyoon and Taehyun looked at the older boy.

“It’s fine, you don’t have to. I’m only a few minutes away from here.” Sena pointed in the direction of her apartment to try and emphasis how close she lived. She didn’t see why they were making a big deal out of this.

“I’ll walk you if you want.” Seungyoon offered and Sena almost agreed to it but Mino cut her off.

“I said I’ll walk her home.” Mino still seemed annoyed and Sena quickly stopped talking. She figured it was better to just let him walk her home than have him mad at her. Seungyoon let go of Sena’s hand and they all watched as the two of them walked off towards Sena’s apartment.

“You really didn’t have to walk me.” Sena said as they walked down the street.

“What if some homeless guy stabs you and steals your money?” Mino said and Sena just scoffed.

“He’s going to be a very disappointed homeless psycho. I have maybe five dollars to my name.” Sena looked over to Mino and when she mentioned her lack of money she could see the hurt in his eyes.

“Why don’t your parents send you more money?” Mino asked and this was the first time he showed real interest in her personal life.

“My parents don’t make a lot of money like you guys. They are sending me as much as they can and I thank them for it every time.” Sena felt a little stupid talking to Mino about this because he didn’t seem to have a clue about money. But Mino just nodded his head and they were quiet again.

“What do your parents do…you know…for work..” Mino asked and Sena felt embarrassed to talk about it. She never felt like this back in Mokpo but talking about jobs with a person who never had to work a day in his life was terrifying.

“My father works at a fish market with my uncle. My mom is a full time volunteer at a retirement facility and at night she collects scrap metal and stuff like that to sell to the junk yards.” Sena smiled as she talked about her parents. Both of them graduated high school and have gone on to live very full and happy lives. She knew that they wanted better for her but Sena would be happy with a life like theirs. She didn’t care about money like other people. Sena just wanted to be happy and surrounded by people she loved. She heard Mino grunt. Sena almost expected him to make a joke about it, but Mino didn’t say anything more about it. As the two of them stepped off of a curb Sena slipped on some ice. Mino quickly reached out and grabbed her by her elbow to stop her from falling face first into the pavement.

“You okay?” Mino asked and Sena nodded her head. He let go of her and a minute later Sena slipped on another small patch of ice, Mino grabbed her just in time again. “You’re like a toddler.” Mino muttered. He grabbed Sena’s hand and dragged her behind him as he walked quickly. Sena noticed just how big Mino’s hand was compared to hers.

“I’m fine! Really! I can walk by myself!” Sena tried to argue her way out of Mino’s grasp but he didn’t care. He marched them to her apartment building. “Here’s fine. I can walk the rest of the way.” Sena tried to take her hand out of Mino’s but he tightened his hold.

“What if someone stabs you while you’re walking up to your apartment?” Mino asked.

“Who is this person running around stabbing people? He needs a new hobby.” Sena tried to make a joke and Mino did chuckle but he was still adamant about walking her all the way up to her apartment door. Sena didn’t want to fight with him so the two of them walked the four flights of stairs, still holding hands.

“Why doesn’t this place have an elevator?” Mino whined as they walked up to Sena’s door. She just rolled her eyes as she fished for her keys. Mino leaned against the wall and watched as she pulled out her keys.

“We’ve made it all the way to my apartment and I managed to not get stabbed. It’s a winter miracle.” Sena joked and once again Mino chuckled. She liked seeing him smile. It was a nice change from the angry, hate filled person she was used to.

“Sena?” A voice called out from down the hallway. Mino and Sena looked over to see that Rome had stepped out to see what was going on. Sena quickly ripped her hand out of Mino’s grasp and she awkwardly looked between Rome and Mino. “What’s going on?” Rome walked over and stood on the other side of Sena, glaring at Mino who was glaring right back at him.

“Nothing. The guys and I were just hanging out at the park and Mino walked me home.” Sena smiled and she looked over to Mino. He gave her a little smile back before going back to glaring at Rome.

“You can leave now.” Rome said and Sena lightly hit his chest.

“Don’t be rude.” Sena was disappointed in her best friend for acting like this.

“Yeah Rome, don’t be rude.” Mino was clearly mocking the older man and Sena had to quickly calm the situation. The air around the three of them was quickly becoming very intense.

“Mino, thank you for walking me home. I think it’s time for you to head home as well, don’t you think so?” Sena opened her apartment and forced Rome inside so that the two men wouldn’t fight in the middle of the hallway. Mino looked between Rome and Sena and he gave a quick nod before leaving. Sena closed the door and looked at Rome who was standing in the middle of her apartment, giving her a judgemental look. “What is your issue?” Sena said as she took off her jacket and shoes.

“My issue is that I tried to find you to see if you were okay because I was worried you might have had a concussion or whatever because you got hit in class today. Then I try knocking on your door and you’re not answering and I tried calling and texting you but you’re not answering that either. I was so worried that something had happened to you that I was going to stay up all night until you had to go to school and if you didn’t walk out of this apartment at seven o’clock I was going to kick down the God damn door.” Rome was furious and Sena could do nothing but stand there and listen to him scold her.

“I’m sorry. I forgot my cellphone here.” Sena scurried over to her phone that was still sitting in the same spot she left it after Seungyoon hung up on her a few hours ago.

“That’s not the point Sena! I was worried about you and I had no way of knowing if you were okay…” Rome ran his hand through his hair and let out a frustrated sigh.

“How about I promise to answer every single one of your texts and calls from now on. I’ll even make a copy of my key and give it to you so you can check on me in case of an emergency. Okay? I’m sorry I worried you.” Sena hugged Rome, nuzzling her face into his chest. She hated that he was mad at her. He was the last person she wanted mad at her. Rome was weak against Sena when she acted cute and he hugged her back, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

“Don’t worry me anymore.” Rome whispered into her hair and Sena nodded her head. He also wanted to tell her to stay away from WINNER, but they seemed to be treating her nicely and he didn’t want to ruin her chance at making friends. Rome said his goodbyes and left to go back to his apartment leaving Sena alone. She turned off her phone and changed into her pyjamas before crawling into her bed and falling into a deep sleep.

One of the boys was lying in his bed, staring at his ceiling once again. He lifted his hand and looked at it, almost as if he were studying it. He could still feel the warmth from Sena’s hand and how smooth her skin felt against his rough manish hands. His hand curled into a tight fist and then, with the thought of Sena’s smile, it slowly unclenched. Being around her made him a nicer person. She didn’t know it but just a single word from her and he would do whatever she wanted. He didn’t know when it happened or why, but he had completely become submissive to her. The night couldn’t disappear fast enough. The boy craved for the sun to rise so he could go to school and see Sena. Before he wanted to go to school to torment and mock the other students but now he just went for her. If this was love, then it was the most painful and beautiful feeling in the world and the boy didn’t know if he wanted to bask in it or reject it completely.

If she wanted to be with him as much as he wanted to be with her, it would be nothing short of a miracle. But, he knew that she wasn’t good for him. They came from different worlds and she deserved to be with someone who could understand her pain and bring her happiness. Of course he thought of Rome since it was obvious that he had feelings for Sena. All of the guys could see it every day when he dropped her off at school and then walked her home.  The way they looked at each other and the way they made each other laugh was that of two people who had a deep connection. It pained the boy but he knew that Sena would be happier with Rome than him in the long run. The boy lowered his hand; the feeling of Sena’s hand in his was still burned into his skin.

------------------

Who do you think the mystery man is?

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ MY BLOG POST

Starting now there will be 5 chapters in between BANG chapters instead of 3

so now the next guy to be eliminated will be in chapter 14

and the mystery man will be revealed in chapter 20

thank you

good day to you madame/sir/unidentified/alien/mammal/reptile/other