TWO

Empty Luv

">http://

Sena walked through the cafeteria with her tray full of food, looking around for a place to eat. Every table was full of students that were eating or talking about how they were dieting so they couldn’t eat. She didn’t want to sit with anyone, and they clearly didn’t want to sit with her so finding a spot was proving to be difficult. As she walked past a table full of students in her class, one of the guys stuck out their foot. Sena tripped over it, falling forward into a guy that was standing in front of her. She knocked the guy down and the two of them tumbled to the ground, now covered in the food that the both of them had planned to eat.

“Sorry!” Sena said loudly as the other students laughed loudly around them. But they soon became quiet when they noticed who Sena had knocked over. She was laying on top of Mino, both of them completely covered in food. She froze and stared at him; Mino glaring at her.

“Get.Off.Me.Now.” Mino growled and Sena quickly scrambled to her feet. As he stood up, Mino grabbed a handful of rice that was on the ground. “You forgot some, .” He smashed it into her hair, making sure to rub it in. The whole cafeteria erupted into laughter as they watched Mino bully Sena. The rest of WINNER watched on. “Get lost.” Mino said before sitting down at his friends table. Senas eyes filled with tears as she looked around at everyone that was laughing at her. She bolted out of the cafeteria and headed straight to the bathroom.

“Damn.” Sena muttered as she looked at herself in the mirror. She looked and felt terrible. Instead of eating her lunch, she spent the rest of her break trying to pick her food out of her hair and wash it out of her clothes. When the bell rang for class to start again Sena headed back to the class with a heavy heart. She headed for her desk and pulled out the chair to sit down but when she went to sit, she fell straight to the ground. She looked back and saw that Seungyoon and Taehyun were walking behind her and one of them had pulled out her chair from beneath her. The other students laughed as she stood up and sat down in her chair properly. The boys sat down at their desks just as the teacher came into the room. He clearly could see that Sena was in a rough state, but he didn’t say anything and focused on teaching the lecture.

Classes ended for the day and Sena walked with her backpack slung over her shoulder as she headed to her locker. She needed to grab all of her text books so she could study for a sociology test that was coming up next week. She raised her head and saw a rainbow of colours pouring out of her locker and onto the hallway floor. Panic filled Sena as she ran to her locker and flung it open to see that someone had put paint into her locker, covering everything she owned. She didn’t care about the text books, Sena grabbed her family picture that she had in there and was now covered in paint. Sena opened her backpack and ripped a blank piece of paper out of her notebook and tried to take off as much of the it as she could but it was too late. The picture was smudged, her parent’s faces were unrecognizable and half of her body was covered in dried yellow paint that wouldn’t wipe away.

“What a shame.” A voice said and Sena looked over to see Seungyoon with a smirk on his face. Sena was so angry that she felt her face burning red and tears were threatening to over flow.

“At least your locker is pretty now.” Seunghoon walked up with the rest of WINNER and they were all laughing at her misfortune. Sena clutched her picture tightly in her hand and looked away from the boys focusing back at her locker and her ruined text books. She hated herself for thinking, just a few hours ago, that these boys were anything like princes. Mino walked over and slammed his hand on the locker beside Senas and the loud noise made her jump.

“Aren’t you going to thank us for remodelling your locker for you?” Mino had a mean snarl on his face as he watched Sena try to ignore him. He snatched the picture out of her hand and he finally had her full attention.

“Give it back.” Sena tried to sound as calm as possible, but her voice was clearly shaking as she tried to stand up to him.

“Not until you thank us.” Mino said and Sena tried to grab it from his hand but he held it up out of her reach. Sena sighed heavily and glared at Mino.

“Thank you for remodelling my locker.” Sena said her words through gritted teeth. Mino smiled in victory and just as it looked like he would hand her back the picture, he ripped it in half right in front of her face. Sena’s jaw dropped open as she watched him throw the two halves onto the ground into the paint that was pooled around the bottom of her locker.

“YOU JERK!” Sena shoved Mino and he stumbled back a step. Mino quickly reached out and grabbed her by her blazer and glared at her. She was now fully crying out of frustration. Mino’s anger wavered as he saw just how upset she was.

“Mino! Let her go!” Jinwoo called out and Mino let go of Sena’s blazer and stood there watching her as she grabbed her bag and quickly ran down the hallway and straight out of the school. She cried the whole way home and she didn’t care about who was looking at her or that some of the students were taking pictures of her. She must have been a sight. Paint covered her shoes and hands, some food stained her clothes and she had a few grains of rice clinging onto her hair. Sena ran all the way home and into her apartment building. She made it up two flights of stairs before she stumbled up a step and fell forward, slamming her knee off of the concrete stair. She cursed as she rubbed her sore knee. Sena sat down on the step and kept crying. She never knew she had so many tears built up inside of her and today had been possibly the worst day in her life so they were freely flowing.

“Are you okay?” A person said and Sena looked up at a man standing in front of her. He had messy black hair that was being contained by an expensive looking snapback. His well-formed muscles were showcased with his tight black tank top and he had a large tattoo going from the top of his shoulder down into his chest which made his look like a gangster. In one hand he had a bag full of groceries and in the other he had his sunglasses that he had taken off to get a better look at her.

“No.” Sena whimpered out before covering her face and sobbing harder. She was all alone in Seoul with almost no money. No one to support her. No one to talk to about how much she hated it here. The boy was flustered as he looked around, panicked, thinking that someone might look out and think that he was he reason for her tears.

“Uh…ahh…umm…where’s your apartment…let me walk you there…” He had no idea what to do, but he wanted to her out of the stairwell before anyone complained about the noise. Sena naively told him her apartment number and the boy chuckled. He tucked his sunglasses into the top of his shirt and grabbed Sena’s elbow, pulling her to her feet. “My name is Rome by the way….I don’t want you thinking I’m a total creep or anything.” He kept a hold of her elbow as he walked her up another two flights of stairs until they reached the fourth floor where her apartment was.

“I’m…Sena…” She said through tears and Rome nodded his head. He made sure to remember her name because he had a feeling he was going to be running into her a lot. They walked up to her apartment and, still crying, Sena reached into her bag and grabbed her keys. Rome bit his bottom lip, trying to hold back his laughter. She looked adorable as she sobbed while still doing normal tasks.

“Do you…uh…want me to come in with you?” Rome asked and Sena looked at him with a weird expression. “That came off way creepier than I hoped. What I meant was, are you okay to be alone right now? Are your parents’ home?” Rome took a little peak into Sena’s apartment when she opened the door.

“I live alone.”  Sena was finally calming down and she looked to Rome who was shocked to see a high school student living alone. “I’m fine. Thank you.” Sena sniffled and stepped into her apartment and went to close the door when Rome’s hand shot out and kept the door open.

“If you ever want to talk or…uhh…not be alone…I live just two apartments down from you so…come by…” Rome awkwardly smiled and Sena shyly nodded her head. Even though Rome looked handsome and intimidating he was really awkward and kind. When Sena promised that she would come by if she ever needed anything, Rome let out a reassured sigh. “Alright, Goodbye.” He said bye in English and even his English had an accent. After thinking about it, Sena figured out it was an Australian accent and guessed he was a foreigner. Sena closed the door and looked at her small apartment. Pressed against the left wall was a small single bed and behind that was a cheap desk and chair that she had brought from her home in Mokpo. On the other side of the apartment was a small kitchenette that was sad and empty since Sena could barely afford to buy groceries of any sort. The bathroom was attached to the kitchenette and it was just a toilet, a sink, a medicine cabinet and a shower head that she could attach to the sink to have a little makeshift shower. It was tiny. Dark. Cramped. Dirty. And her home for the next ten months of her life.

Sena took off her shoes and sat down on her bed. She had no idea what to do with herself. Hunger, fatigue, anger and painful homesickness filled Sena all at once and she just wanted to fall asleep and wake up in her house in Mokpo with her parents and pretend that this was all just a bad dream. Instead, Sena had to face her reality and went into the bathroom to have a shower and try to wash the paint off of her hands and get the food out of her hair.

--------------------------------------------

What do you think so far?

Do you have any wild guess as to who the Mystey Man is?

Rome (C-Clown)