TWENTY THREE

Empty Luv

Seungyoon, Sena and Rome were sitting in Sena’s house at the dinner table while her parents sat across from them. Her mother was a short, thin woman who looked like an older version of Sena with her long black hair and soft eyes. Seungyoon had the whole plan laid out in front of her parents with the school rule book, spread sheets and a cheque book. The rules state that a wealthy family could not pay for an underprivileged child to go to that school. But the rules never said that if that underprivileged child was given money or inherited money then they wouldn’t be able to use that money. So Seungyoons’ plan was to give Sena the money she needed for school which she could then give to her parents.

“That would never work.” Sena’s father said as he took a large swig of his coffee. The plan was sounding good and Seungyoon was very enthusiastic about it until her father’s input.

“But I already talked to one of the members on the education board. They said that would be perfectly fine since it wasn’t technically breaking any of the rules.” Seungyoon pointed out the permission slip that was already signed. They just needed her parent’s signature and the money.

“How did a kid like you get a meeting with someone on the education board?” Her father spat back at Seungyoon. Sena didn’t like the way her father was talking to Seungyoon and she glared at him; giving him a warning that if he continued to act like this then she would be mad at him for a very long time.

“My friend, Lee Seunghoon, his mother is on the board and she is the person I talked to.” Seungyoon once again showed him the permission slip but he angrily stood up from the table.

“Figures. The rich always have connections. Where were you when Sena was getting kicked out?” Her father waved his large hands in the air and Seungyoon was a little intimidated.

“Honey…” Sena’s mother tried to calm him but he seemed to be in a particularly sour mood.

“No! Why does Sena have to go to a school all the way in Seoul? She can get a good education right here in Mokpo.” Her father charged into the kitchen.

“I understand honey, but you also have to understand that Sena will only be held back here. In Seoul she can spread her wings and get the education she deserves, not the one she has to be stuck with.” Her mother said as her father came back with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth.

“Who cares about education? Why can’t she just graduate high school and get married like we did? We had no money to back us up but we’re doing just fine.” Her father took a long drag of the cigarette.

“Yes, but-“

“But what? Is getting married too good for her?” Her father was pointing at Sena and she felt Seungyoon’s hand place itself on her knee, skilfully hidden under the table so her father wouldn’t see it. “She should get married to someone like Barom. He’s smart, reliable and has a decent job.” Her father went over to Rome and placed his hands on his shoulders.

“U-Uh sir…I…uh..” Rome was looking over to Seungyoon and Sena who looked furious. Her mother was awkward looking between the three young people and could see that there was some tension.

“What? Don’t you like my daughter?” Her father asked.

“It’s not that….it’s..umm…” Rome was freaking out. He loved making Seungyoon angry but this was no how he wanted this to happen.

“Then what’s the problem? She definitely likes you.” Her father was happily boasting about how much Sena seemed to like Rome. It went on for a full two minutes and Seungyoon’s hand was clutching tightly onto Sena’s knee.

“I LIKE SEUNGYOON!” Sena had enough. She erupted from the table and slammed her hands on the table. The whole room fell silent and her parent’s eyes automatically went to Seungyoon who was blushing like crazy. “I like Seungyoon and he likes me back. We’re a couple but, we’re also friends. He is here as a friend to try and help me succeed in life which you seem to refuse to happen.”

“Sena, that’s not-“ Her father started but Sena cut him off.

“No, you listen. I want to go back to that school. Not just for Seungyoon. Not just for the friend’s I made. But for the education that can make me be better than…this.” Sena waved her arms in the air. “Dad, I’m smart enough to be a doctor or a lawyer and it may sound like I’m bragging but I’m not. It’s the truth. But you want me locked up in a little shack and live unhappily as a fisherman’s wife. That’s not the life I want!” Sena yelled at him.

“Sena, don’t you dare talk to me like that.” Her father pointed his finger at her, giving her only one warning.

“Why not?”

“Because I’m your father and I demand some respect.”

“Respect isn’t something you get, it’s something you deserve and right now you’re just a stranger to me who doesn’t even deserve my time and effort.” Sena yelled at him with tears in her eyes. Her father took a large step towards her but Rome and Seungyoon quickly stood up and placed themselves between him and Sena. “Sign the paper work and let me go back to Seoul, where I belong.” Sena grabbed her jacket off the back of her chair and stormed out of the house with Rome and Seungyoon right behind her. The three of them walked down the street together, the boys struggling to keep up with Sena who was showing off her speed walk of rage.

“You’re super cool when you’re angry.” Rome said after they were a safe distance from the house. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and let out a little scoff.

“Yeah well….he needed to be told that.” Sena let out a large sigh as if she had been holding her breath since she walked out of the house.

“Do you think you’re going to be welcomed back by your parents?” Seungyoon asked as he sneakily grabbed Sena’s hand, intertwining their fingers together. She forced herself to look forward and not giggle like an idiot because then it would possibly make Rome feel awkward.

“My mom will let me back. My dad might be a little harder to calm down.” Sena pouted and both of the boys smiled at her cuteness.

“I have a hotel room; you can stay with me for the night.” Seungyoon offered and Rome’s eyes grew wide with surprise.

“No way. I have a place to stay here as well, she can stay with me.” Rome latched onto Sena’s arm and tried to drag her more towards him but Seungyoon began pulling her to his side.

“Why is that any different?” Seungyoon wanted to punch Rome in the face. Sena was his girlfriend, Rome didn’t have any right to try and hog her to himself.

“Because we’ve already slept together!” Rome said with a triumphant smile on his face.

“WHAT?!” Seungyoon screamed and Sena’s face burned bright red.

“Not like that! We just slept in the same bed the day before I moved out! I had tons of boxes and stuff on my bed so I couldn’t sleep there.” Sena figured that telling a little while lie wasn’t that bad. She didn’t want to have to explain to Seungyoon that she slept in his bed because she was lonely and that they fell asleep in each other’s embrace. “Besides I’m not going to stay with either of you. My parents definitely wouldn’t let me back if they found that out.” Sena glared at the boys and they gave up on the argument.

“Whatever, let’s just go and buy you a cellphone.” Seungyoon tightened his grasp on her hand and the two of the strolled off together while Rome awkwardly kept behind them.

“Why do I need a cellphone?” Sena whined, not really wanting to spend any money.

“Because how else are you going to keep in contact with me?” Seungyoon was leading the way even though he had no idea where he was going so Sena had to keep pointing them in the right direction.

“If I go back to Seoul then I would see you every day.” Sena, Seungyoon and Rome walked into the cellphone store and of course Seungyoon picked out the most expensive one. Rome had to argue with him for a while before they decided on a reasonably priced one.

“Excuse me,” Seungyoon was talking to the man behind the counter who was helping them sign up “can you add my number as ‘Seungyoon oppa who is the best oppa in the whole world’?” Seungyoon asked with a straight face but the employee said that would be too man characters.

“Oppa?” Rome said in a mocking tone. “You are the same age. If anyone is an oppa around here, it’s me.” Rome slung his arm around Sena’s shoulder only for it to be knocked off a few seconds later by Seungyoon.

“Oppa? More like ahjusshi!” Seungyoon stuck his tongue out at Rome and he almost hit him until Sena stepped in a threatened to not get a phone if they didn’t stop acting like children. As she was signing the phone contract, Sena’s mind was wandering off elsewhere. Truthfully, all she could think about was what her parents were doing at home. Were they signing the papers? Did they rip it up into a million pieces? Would she have to spend the rest of her life in Mokpo? All of these unanswered questions were making Sena depressed and she had a hard time having fun with the two boys even when they went out to eat or went shopping where they were having competitions about who could run to the opposite side of the mall and back without getting caught by security.

-----------------------------------------------------

Seungyoon vs Rome

is this fighting ever going to end................or will it get worse?

 

Somewhere in the last 3 chapters I might have put a little clue as to who is staring in the next fic

comment who you think it is~