Campfire Talks

SHINee's Magical Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night wasn't getting any younger but the gang was still awake in the beach, gathered around a fire. The waves were rolling closer to shore so they gathered a little farther away from their position when they were star-gazing earlier.

Each couple was paired up and had warm and friendly conversations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"So you guys have NEVER had a boyfriend? ever?!" gaped Jonghyun at the giggling Mi Young. "Is it THAT hard to believe? Its actually quite normal for Therians our age, you know" she explained. Jonghyun remembered the girls' comments about SHINee looking 'normal' before.

"Oh ... right, I almost forgot that guys in your dimension look far superior than us" he scoffed. "And besides!" Mi Young blinked "We dont have 'girlfriend-boyfriend' relationships back home. If a man fancies a girl, he asks for her hand in marriage, gets both families' approval and viola! You're husband and wife!". Jonghyun was speechless.

Mi Young giggled "is it really that shocking?". Jonghyun snapped out of his daze and laughed with her. "How about you then" Mi Young suddenly asked as their laughter died down "have YOU ever had a girlfriend?" she blinked. Jonghyun hesitated for a second but then nodded with a shy smile. "Really?" Mi Young beamed "What's it like?". "Well, its easy AND hard at the same time ... uh ... kinda hard to explain too" Jonghyun sheepishly answered "I consider myself an idiot for not making it last though" he trailed off. Mi Young noticed the darkening atmosphere "O-oh. I'm sorry" she said softly, gaining a gentle smile from SHINee's lead vocal.

There was a moment of silence. Awkward silence. Jonghyun started fidling with his fingers. He wanted to say something but looked like he didn't know how to start. The awkwardness reached Mi Young and she started blushing, she remembered holding hands with Jonghyun earlier.

"No ... no ... please dont make things harder than they already are, Jonghyun" Mi Young thought "Please dont make me want to stay and disregard my duties" 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"You still dont remember anything, don't you?" Taemin sadly asked Sherina. The girl looked down. "I tried everything I could, took you to all those places, told you all of those stories" he reasoned "I'm sorry ... I failed you". "N-no!" Sherina said "y-you dont have to apologize ... it wasn't your fault, after all". 

"But I promised you that I'd make you remember" Taemin looked at her, straight in the eyes. The girl softened and said "It really makes no difference if you ask me" she smiled gently. "Huh?". "Even if I didn't remember the first memories we had, the new ones we made were more than enough for me. I mean, you took me to all those places, told me all those stories and sang me all those songs!" Sherina beamed "They really made me happy".

Upon seeing her sincerely smiling face, Taemin felt his face heat up, he looked away awkwardly. "You know what ... I think the memories that I lost have all been fairly compensated" Sherina added. They both looked toward the sea.

"But it still hasn't compensated your feelings for me, hasn't it?" Taemin thought.

Sherina was in deep thought as the gentle sea breeze swept through her face "I wonder if I harboured something special for Taemin ... why does my heart beat so fast when I'm around him? Its not like that when I'm with the others ... I wonder why".

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"It would be nice if things could stay like this for a bit longer, huh?" On

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter