Smiling

Rainy Days

 

If Oh Hayoung had to brag one thing about herself, something where she was good at it, she would say 'smiling' as her answer. When she was a kid and her mother suffered from miscarriage, she would smile and kissed her mother, saying that she would be the one who made her parents happy and proud. Deep inside, she was disappointed that the dongsaeng she'd waited for a long time was taken away by the angels. When she was tired from her daily activities and her extra courses, she would remind her self that she did also her dongsaeng's share. With that thought, she smiled and reopened her book, studying for more. 

She knew that her parents through a lot at their works, so when they got home, she didn't want to burden them with her home work, or even more, her whine. So, she just played doll silently at the corner, or trying to solve her mathematic homework alone. At the weekend, she never whimpered or complained why they didn't go to amusement park like other family, because she knew that her parents wanted to have a leisure day at home. 

The first reason maybe for making her parents proud and happy, but didn't know since when, she couldn't stop herself to do her best, and she thought, it did no harm for her life, so why she should stop? She started trying to make everyone happy, so then she would be pleased with her efforts, and her life indeed. 

That was why when Kim Jongin, her boyfriend, said he couldn't go to the same high school with her, she smiled. She knew that dancing was always making him happy, so she let him go without complain, agreed that he should go to Performance and Art School. Jongin promised her bunches of routines that he would do to make their relationship long lasted. He promised her to go on a date every weekend, either going to cinema or just strolling around Han River. He also promised to pick her up from school everyday, even doing their homeworks together. He said that he wouldn't forget the important days; 200th day, 300th day, or even 1000th day together, along with her birthday every year. He said he would call her every night, put her first before his friends, and also before his dance practice. 

At that time, Hayoung, again, smiled and nodded, intertwined their pinky fingers together, saying that they would be together for a long long time. She promised him, and also her self, to do the best for the sake of their relationship.

But, on the night like this, Hayoung rethought about all the promises. On the night like this, after a tiring day, walking around from one store to another, hunting a suitable present for Jongin. On the night like this, after Jongin hanged up the phone after five seconds conversation, saying that he was busy for his upcoming audition. On the night like this, after Jongin said nothing about their 300th days together. 

 

Still holding the presents for her boyfriend, she thought again, for whom she should do her best? 

 

And later at night, after summed up her thought and cried silenty on her pillows, she smiled again, hoping sincerely that Jongin's audition would go well. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

short introduction about Hayoung's background (and Jongin). Inspired by some interviews, in where Hayoung said that she was the fool who'd still smile, even when she hurts. 

Ah, this story is just about Seyoung, so if you started to read this because of kaiyoung, you have been warned.