After School 2

Rainy Days

 

It was still ten minutes before the bell rang, yet Sehun already couldn't concentrate in the lesson. Whatever Mr. Son had said, it just flew thoroughly from one ear to another, without getting processed by his brain. He glanced at Hayoung's seat every five seconds just to check that she wouldn't suddenly disappear, forgetting their after school promise. But how many times he did that, Hayoung was still there, taking notes diligently.

But it was also a new thing for him looking how his mind was changed every two minutes, if he should stay or it might be better to disappear right after the bell rang. Because the thought of spending an hour alone with her, really made his stomach whirled and swirled, and he knew for sure that he couldn't handle it. What if she was bored? What if I do something dumb that ticked her off? What if… What if… he really wanted to throw him self off the window. 

He glanced at Ilhoon who slept on his table comfortably, he just threw a jealous look after pressed the urge to poke his cheek with a sharpened pencil. How could this boy sleep leisurely and act like he was bother by nothing, and he, on the other side, had to deal with this strange and complicated emotion. 

 

Danah and Yookyung were the last one who walked out the door three minutes ago, left Hayoung and Sehun alone on their seat. Sehun his lips several times, deliberated on his mind if it was the right timing to break the silent. Now? or not? Should I wait? Should I go to her seat?

It was Hayoung who made the first movement, took some paper from her bag, and walked to his seat, "I'm sorry for making you stay longer," 

Sehun shook his head, "You don't have to," he hated himself for his inability to speak normally and of course, fluently. He tidied up his desk immediately when Hayoung took Jaebum's seat in front of him. He closed his book which full with scribble and stupid conversation with Ilhoon, collected his scattered stationary and put it blindly on his bag. He didn't even bother to seek where the case was. 

Hayoung smiled and turned the chair so she sat face to face with the vice. She placed a black book on the table, "Could you please make tables in this book? I would check if everyone had handed in the literature assignment and arrange it by name," 

 

"Is it okay?" Sehun couldn't hold himself to ask after ten minutes of silent. The pen was hanged two millimeters above the book, stopped to work momentarily. 

Hayoung glanced the tables he made and nodded, "It's good, well written and neat,"

"No, I mean…" he cut his words, feeling awkward that anything he meant to ask had nothing to do with the task. Hayoung stopped her movement and looked at him with questioning eyes, waiting. "Is it okay that you stay longer? I mean… your boyfriend…"

"Jongin?" Hayoung widened her eyes a little before flashing a smile and nodded. She was going back to the piled up paper a secnd after, "Very okay. He is also busy with his stuff," Sehun caught the sad sound in her voice, but he swished the thought after seeing Hayoung's bright smile. 

"He goes to another school?" He regretted the question as soon as he closed his mouth, why he should ask something obvious. 

She nodded, making him relieved that she didn't laugh him off to ask something stupid. "He dances…" 

Sehun thought she would continue her sentence. 

But she didn't. 

 

Another ten minutes of silent, yet it strangely didn't feel uncomfortable. Sehun really had to congratulate himself to try hard doing his best at this boring task. He couldn't think any of Namjoon's reaction if he ever saw him like this; making the tables diligently without yawning or whining-- would he be proud, would he be mad, would he laugh hard and mock him?

"Sehun," Awake from his own thought, he shifted his gaze on alert as if he was being called out by a teacher. "Why?"

"Why… what?" 

"Why were you volunteering yourself to be the vice president?" 

 

One second. Two seconds. 

 

He didn't know the answer. 

 

"I thought it would be fun," 

 

One second. Two seconds. 

 

He didn't know how to answer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

I don't even know what's the point of this (long) chapter except Sehun is really an awkward squid. >>.<< 

For the sake of other fiction and also my assignment, I decide to make regular update; three times a week; Sunday/ Tuesday/ Friday c: 

and 100+ subscribers; thank you very much. :"