Two Comrades

Rainy Days

 

It's raining again. Oh Hayoung stepped out from her house with an umbrella in her hand, there were still many time left, so she could walk leisurely towards the bus shelter. She loved her new neighborhood, everything seemed better than the old area. Not just the bus shelter was near to her house, there was also park, and her favorite kindergarten. Oh Hayoung loved kids, that's why she immediately said yes when her parents proposed to move to suburban area, after seeing there was a kindergarten in the neighborhood. 

That boy again, Hayoung didn't realize that her lips formed a little smile. The boy with yellow umbrella and a little dragon with rubber shoes, she named the characters. Hayoung had already observed about them since awhile now, and it made her curious why the yellow umbrella boy only came by when it was raining. 

Everything about the two comrades always made her smile (they seemed not like siblings in her eyes, that's why she called them 'comrades'). Once, she saw them played monsters with each other; the older ran after the boy with the scary sound effects from his mouth. What made her laugh was the Hyung felt ashamed and kept playing cool when someone passed by, making the little boy asked continuously why the monster stopped running after him, when he even didn't have pistol or grenade to kill the monsters. Another time, she heard the Hyung gave a long and clear explanation why they shouldn't keep a feral cat in his house, because the boy didn't seem satisfied with just a declination and he kept asking why (she counted and he asked about twenty times with very same tone, one after another). 

 

And today, she met them again. 

 

***

 

When she met the two comrades this morning, never passed in her mind that she would see the Hyung once more this soon, in her new class, as her classmates. He was already there when she stepped into the class, pierced her with his gaze from the back seat near the windows. 

Oh Hayoung took the seat in the middle of the room, two rows away from the umbrella boy. With a little bit anxious, she looked around, and all of them were the new faces. She had heard about how half of the class had known each other already, and the sudden loneliness penetrated her heart. 

"Yah! Oh Sehun! You are in this class too!" a friendly looking boy came into the class and waved to someone at the back seat. Oh Sehun? Hayoung followed the boy's movement secretly and her heart skipped in strange happiness when he took a seat beside the umbrella boy. 

 

Oh Sehun. 

 

He was the first person she knew in her new class. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

a little bit from Hayoung's POV.