Class Officers

Rainy Days

 

Although the bell had been rang a minute ago, not like usual, everyone still sat in their place, wondering what did just happen. Sehun could feel the whole class staring at him. Never liked being the center of attention, he stepped out from the class, trying hard not to glance Hayoung who still stood in her spot. 

"Yah! Oh Sehun! Wait for me!" Ilhoon followed him from behind. They walked in the aisle, Ilhoon knew where he would go to, the school backyard, Oh Sehun's favorite spot. "You know how much I love my chicken sandwich," he still had to keep up with Sehun's long legs. "But… I think I would skip it today. Yah, what was that?" 

Sehun smirked. What was that? That was the right question. Damn, what have you done, Oh Sehun. 

 

***

 

"Okay, now we have to choose the Class President and the Vice President," Mrs. Yang stood in front of the class, after closing the lesson ten minutes earlier. She could see that the atmosphere of the class not so friendly, since everyone wanted to go home early and planned for their weekend. "Anyone want to volunteer himself?" 

The whole class tried to avoid her glance. Let speak truthfully, who wanted to be the black sheep of the class? They hated school already with the package of homework… and it was like asking for worst nightmare to have an extra task. 

Mrs. Yang sighed, "If you're all really like this, I would pick one of you as Class President, and for the Vice you should pick between yourself," Mrs. Yang's eyes went through the list. 

Sehun rocked his chair to left and right, he didn't really care about the class officer. Anyone could do the duty. Knowing his reputation from the middle school, he was sure that Mrs. Yang was smart enough not to pick him. He didn't really care about what's going on until Mrs. Yang found a responsible looking name and shouted, "Oh Hayoung? Who is Oh Hayoung?" 

Sehun glanced the girl in the middle row, who was also taken aback from the sudden announcement. She raised her hand in the air, "Me?" 

Checking out her appearance, Mrs. Yang looked satisfied with her choice, "You can be the Class President," she nodded, "Now you can step forward and choose your vice president," 

 

Hayoung looked confused and puzzled with all that happened, she stepped forward timidly. She felt uncomfortable being center of attention but her classmates' gaze wouldn't divert anytime soon. Mrs. Yang didn't seem aware of her nervousness, still smiling in satisfaction, "Round of applause for our new class president!"

The class clapped in uneasiness, the tension wasn't over because they still didn't want to be the vice president. Hayoung bowed slightly, "Please take care of me," 

Mrs. Yang gave her gesture to say something about picking the vice president where Hayoung knew for sure that no one would volunteer himself happily. Hayoung let out a sigh, "Mmm… we have to pick the vice president. Anyone want to volunteer himself?"

One minute passed and Hayoung stood awkwardly in front of the class with thirty five gazes pierced her, no one had been response what she said. Hayoung bit her lower lip, she hated being center of attention like this and she really wanted to end this quickly. She threw a hopeless glance to Yookyung who rubbed her both hands secretly, apologizing. She didn't blame Yookyung about it, she knew that the girl had thousand courses she had to attend after school. And she knew for sure that Danah would kill her if she picked her to be one. 

 

The silence in the class was broken by a deep hoarse voice, "I volunteer my self," Sehun raised his hand, repeated. "I volunteer my self as vice president,"

 

Everyone reacted to his voice by turning their head to the notorious boy in the last row. But no one said anything. 

 

Included Oh Hayoung. 

 

***

 

"What was what?" Sehun still walking towards the emergency exit which led to the school backyard. 

"You know what I'm talking about, Oh Sehun. AW!" Ilhoon shrieked and rubbed his nose when it bumped into Sehun's back, "Why did you brake?" 

Sehun stood in front of the door, sighing. 

 

It's raining. 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

edited the chapter so it's different with the original drabble. I don't want to make any antagonist character for this fiction.