After School 3

Rainy Days

 

Hayoung ticked her mechanic pencil several times, glanced at Sehun who surprisingly did well on their second day working together. She smiled secretly, glad that she proved Danah wasn't fully right about Sehun's personality. But what was his personality anyway? She didn't know anything about him, except the fact that he came to kindergarten every time it was raining in the morning, and he was a kindhearted boy who thought that being vice president would be fun. She didn't even actually believe the last fact. 

"Do you want to play a game?" Hayoung startled even herself after she broke the silence with unordinary question. Sehun looked at her with his fox eyes, confused with her question. Okay, this is awkward. More awkward than working in silence. "We can give question each other and we have answer truthfully," Now it sounds more awkward than explained nothing. "I mean… normal question… just enough for knowing each other," Hayoung was stupefied when Sehun's lips form a subtle smile. He looked good with those, why he always hid it? Hayoung hit her head lightly, "Sorry. You don't have to play. That's just very… random. I know. Just forget it, okay?" 

Hayoung was making her self busy with the task when Sehun opened his mouth, "I want," She shifted her eyes to the vice, asking some explanation of the short statement. "I want to play. That question things," 

 

Ten minutes of playing and Hayoung already knew the basic bio answer and so did he. They found out that they lived literaly one block away, something that Hayoung had already guessed, knowing that he always brought the little dragon to the kindergarten in her area. Hayoung said that she missed her junior high school friends, and Sehun admitted feeling the same. She wondered if it was The Four he was talking about. 

"The little dragon…" Hayoung blurted after Sehun said that he has a little brother at home. Sehun shot her with questioned eyes, never thought that Hayoung would know about Seojun. "He is your brother?" 

"How do you… know?" Sehun furrowed his brows. 

Hayoung blinked her eyes several times, looking for an answer in her head. Anything. Anything that didn't make her like a creepy stalker. "I saw you once walked him to kindergarten," Sehun's brows were still furrowed, "And he's cutie pie," the image of little dragon drew in her mind. And also his brother with the yellow umbrella. But she didn't say anything about the last.

Sehun seemed not satisfied with her answer but he let it go, making her sighed in relieved. "Your boyfriend… is he a dancer?" 

It was the second time Sehun asked about Jongin. And she chuckled, "What's about Jongin? You asked about him too last time," 

Sehun took another paper in front of her and did his share of work, "You don't have to answer that," he said. "But you are the one who suggested to play," 

Hayoung smiled widely, amused how he lured her to answer the question. She thought it was normal question after all, since she's also interested in Sehun's brother, "Yes he is a dancer. He goes to Art and Performance School," 

"Middle School friend?" Sehun asked again. 

Hayoung smirked lightly, "This is my turn to ask. How old is he?" 

"Who?"

"Your brother,"

"Five years old," he answered the question quickly, following by the next question, "Is he your middle school friend?" 

Hayoung smiled again and asked back, "Who?"

He knew that she , "Your boyfriend," 

"Yes. Also primary school friend. Also kindergarten friend as long as I remember," Hayoung ignored Sehun's curious face. "What is his name?"

"Kim Seojun," This was her turn to be curious. Kim? But she surely didn't have time to wonder once he asked her back, "What is his name?" She caught Sehun's scoffed, annoyed by himself because he had already known the answer. 

"Jongin. Kim Jongin," Hayoung deliberated her self if she had to ask the question. And she decided to, "Kim?"

"Your boyfriend?"

Hayoung shook her head, dumbfounded by her own question. "Your brother… Kim Seojun?" Sehun knew the real question, even if she asked it implicitly. And Hayoung felt guilty when Sehun took a longer time to answer. "Sorry. I crossed it. You don't have to…"

"We have to keep the rule," Sehun said, again, with light smile on his face. The second one today. "He is my step brother," Sehun put his pen on the table and asked again, "Is he your closed childhood friend then? That Jongin-ssi,"

Hayoung lifted her eyebrow lightly, decided not to be bothered by that. "Not really. Yes, we knew each other for a long time, but we are getting close only after I took the same dance class in the middle school," Hayoung shifted her eyes to the pouring rain outside, "Why are you bringing Seojun to kindergarten only in the raining days?" 

 

Sehun waited for a moment before he answered in hesitant. Namjoon, Ilhoon, and Soojung knew everything because they had known each other for a long time, but thinking how much he exposed himself just in half an hour span of time, because of this silly game? This was just ridiculous. But he was the one who suggested to keep the rule, and he wasn't regret anything, because he knew what he would ask next. "Seojun came to our house three years ago. And.. you know… it's just… strange," Sehun realized it as he was talking that he never told anyone about his feeling towards Seojun. Not even to Namjoon. "So the rainy days… is a deal between me and my mom to make me closer to him. I know… it's strange… just that's how we are,"

Hayoung grinned, felt sorry, "I keep crossing the line, don't I? I'm sorry," When he started to be used to her presence, she made it even harder. His heart still beat fast after she flashed the grin. He would never be familiar with this kind of feeling. "But you know what? You and Seojun are close. Really close. I also want to have a little brother after watching you two being cute together," 

Sehun stared at Hayoung again, this time for a longer second. 

"You… saw us not just for once, did you?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n

What is drabbles. 1000 words just for this chapter.

*for certain person who wished me not doing well writing short stuff: you really foresaw it, didn't you?*

See you on friday fellas!