Like A Dream

Rainy Days

 

Hayoung was surely taken aback by Sehun's offer. Never passed in her mind even just for a second, the thought of skipping school, even more said yes to the offer. They now sat side by side in the bus back seat, heading to someplace that only Sehun knew about. Hayoung kept looking back several times, feeling worried that they were busted by someone they knew. 

Seoul morning scenery couldn't even distract her that much from the nervousness. Is this the right choice? What if they found out… but they must find out by now… She was startled a bit when she felt something was shoved in her earlobe. She turned her head at Sehun who was busy tuning the iPod volume, the other side of the earphone hung on his ear, "Don't worry," 

"But…"

When the intro of a familiar song flew in her ear, she chuckled, "You hear Apink's song?" 

Sehun shifted his eyes to the front, as if there was something more interesting caught his eyes, "Just No No No, it's cute…"

Later that noon, Hayoung found out that he had complete Apink's albums in his iPod. 

 

***

 

"Is there some place you want to visit? Or do you want to do something?" Sehun asked her. Hayoung was still looking clueless and lost between the crowd in Hongdae. "Don't worry. There are so many people here, and no one would pay attention of what we do,"

"Actually… I always have something in mind…" 

 

***

 

"Ddeokbokki? At 9 am?" Sehun chuckled, handing her a pair of chopsticks from the black box beside him. It was the same street stall he went last time with the Four, Ilhoon knew the Ahjumma very well and he said that the foods were awesome (they stopped asking Ilhoon 'how you know her/him/them' since years ago). 

Hayoung pouted, "I really like ddeokbokki and you said I can go wherever I want," 

When the Ahjumma served them small plate of ddeokbokki and another finger foods (and she asked how Ilhoon was; saying that she missed him and she would give plenty mount of foods if he stopped by), Hayoung caught Sehun's furrowed eyebrows and chuckled, "You said last time that you don't really like spicy foods, but this is so good," 

"This would make my stomach upset…" he still held the chopsticks in the air, searching for a less-spicy-looking ddeok, while Hayoung already munching her foods. Even last time, Sehun only ate kimbap because his stomach couldn't handle spicy things. 

Hayoung laughed once again, took another piece of ddeokbokki with her chopstick and brought it to Sehun's mouth, "Please? This is good, I swear!" 

Sehun widened his eyes, this time not because of the spicy ddeok, but the sparkling eyes behind it. I could eat spicy ddeok everyday like this…. He opened his mouth a little and let Hayoung feed him. 

 

…indirect kiss. 

 

The ddeok was maybe spicy. But he didn't mind at all. 

 

***

 

Sehun was glad that Hayoung didn't seem worried anymore after they left the street stall. Her eyes sparked like a little child, like Seojun to be exact, when he saw his favorite character on TV. She hummed bunch of pop songs, pointed the stores, and shrieked cutely if there was something that caught her eyes. Sehun observed her secretly from her side, giving comments here and there, and thought himself, if he ever felt this happy when he skipped school with Namjoon last time. 

Hayoung turned her head to him and tugged his jacket, "Let's go over there, there are some crowd!" she pointed the other side of the street. 

Sehun held her arms to stop her from running, "The light is still red," Hayoung looked ashamed, everything seemed new and exciting in her eyes. She was still blabbering things how Seoul was so crowded during the day, when the light turned green and Sehun grabbed her hand softly, "Be careful," 

She was taken aback by the sudden skinship, but still, she didn't pull her hand away. She was maybe wrong, but his hand fitted her perfectly. 

 

***

 

Enjoying the vanilla ice cream they bought earlier, Hayoung and Sehun walked side by side along the street. Hayoung didn't know that she could get comfortable in this state with school's notorious boy Oh Sehun, she didn't have to find a topic or to force a smile to be around him. Even the silent between them was quiet comfortable. Hayoung knew why Sehun brought her out today, it was all because the tears she spilled last week, he felt bad that she broke up with Jongin. That's why. Yeah, that's why. Why he tried hard to make her smile, brought her to ddeokbokki stall, spent nearly twenty minutes in front of the street musician just to let her listening music she wanted, he even dragged her to ice cream vendor just because she said it looked good. She knew all the attention that he gave was not more than guilty feeling and just because he was a nice boy. 

For the first time, Hayoung enjoyed being rebel. She knew that she would be worried tonight when she faced her parents, but she just wanted to have this dream a little bit longer. She didn't have to please everyone, she didn't have to say yes to everything she didn't want. Don't worry, everything is fine, like Sehun had said. 

Sehun startled her by giving her tissue, gesturing that her ice cream was already melted in her finger, "You eat almost like Seojun," 

Hayoung grinned in awkwardness, hoping that Sehun didn't be aware at her racing heart when his hand touched her. She glanced at Sehun's posture, realized for the first time that their height were like matched in in heaven. Top of her head reached side of his ear, it was the perfect height to lean on his shoulder. Hayoung shook her head, blushed on her wild imagination. 

 

***

 

"Let's go there!" Hayoung pointed a small booth with bright pink color. "We have to memorize this day!" 

Sehun really wanted to escape when the operator said that they could choose costume or the accessorizes they want. Last time he went to the photobox with the Four, Soojung forced him to wear a rainbow wig and made him traumatized, although seeing Namjoon in pink hair was totally hilarious. Namjoon said afterwards that he would kill anyone who leaked the dumb photo of him and put his reputation in danger. With the Four was still okay, but being silly in front of the girl she liked was the last thing he wanted to do. 

When Hayoung said they could split the amount of the photos, Sehun immediately said yes and took the huge ribbon hairband that Hayoung chose for him. It might be the last chance to get photo together with her. Sehun chose a big Minnie Mouse ribbon for her that he assumed would fit her sweet appearance. He almost congratulate himself for being so genius after Hayoung put it on her head and asked him, if she looked okay. Of course she looked totally okay for him. 

She refused to take a normal photo and suggested that they should act silly for once, something that she couldn't do at school. She even change their ribbon hairbands, saying that they should take photos with christmasy atmosphere; she chose two difference rudolf's horns for both of them. 

If only Soojung knew that he had so much fun changing the accessorizes and taking silly photos (and enjoying it), he would be very dead. 

 

***

 

Hayoung turned her back and facing him right after they arrived in front of her house, "Today was like… teenage pop novel I read; eating delicious foods, sight seeing, playing and laughing," she smiled. She put out the rudolf horn that Sehun bought for her, "Thank you for the horns, thank you for bringing me out, thank you for everything Oh Sehun. I had so much fun today," 

"Thank you for saying yes," he mumbled and smiled back at her, "You know that we would be in trouble tomorrow, right?" 

Hayoung opened up the steel gate, she smiled again, "I am not worried anymore," she chuckled and moved her finger along the song, "since I heard the seulpohajima no no no, honjaga aniya no no no…."

"Yah, don't tease me," 

Hayoung laughed and waving her hand, "See you tomorrow, Oh Sehun?" 

He smiled and nodded, "See you tomorrow, Oh Hayoung,"

 

His smile wasn't fading away for the rest of the day. 

And also hers

 

 

 

 

Happy New Year everybody <3 some said 2014 was the worst year in kpop history; let's hope that 2015 would be better and our ships would sail! 

PS. sorry for the switching POV. OTL