On The Way Home

Rainy Days

 

Sehun balanced his pen on his hand, didn't really pay attention to what Kim Jongdae, the head of student council, had said. The school festival didn't attract him in general, so why should he stay longer after school, socialize with some snobs, geeks, and smarty pants from other classes, planning this dumb school event? Sehun glanced the girl beside him who was taking notes diligently, she was the answer for his question. Of course, Oh Hayoung. When he volunteered himself as Vice President, he never thought that he would be this busy.  There was no regret, but he asked himself sometimes if he really did this much just for Oh Hayoung? But then, he shook his head in disagree, argued himself, because he knew that Oh Hayoung wasn't just another girl. 

After helding his yawn for about half an hour, finally Jongdae closed their small meeting, adding another homework for the class officers until the next gathering. Sehun closed his still-empty notes and got ready to go when Hayoung tugged the tip of his uniform, "Hey, do you want to go home together?" 

 

Hayoung didn't want to be alone today. She knew that she would feel blue and cry if she was walking by herself home. She was thankful that Sehun nodded and was agree to go home together, so that she could hold her cry for a longer time, hiding behind her sweet smile. She was sorry for the boy beside her for using him like this, yet she held herself. Sorry, Sehun. She just didn't want to be alone. 

 

Sehun didn't know what happened with Hayoung (he never understood women in general, actually), this was the first time she asked him to go home together, yet she was just keeping silent along the way. Sometimes he noticed her sad glance for a second, before it was disappeared again at the next second. He wanted to ask, but just… he didn't know how. 

 

"Do you want to play that game again?" Sehun braved himself to ask, breaking the silence. "That question game?" 

Hayoung blinked her eyes few times before laughing after heard the growling sound from Sehun's stomach. Sehun really wanted to punch his own stomach for not knowing the good timing. "First question, are you hungry?" 

Sehun ruffled his back hair, felt ashamed, "Ugh.. yes, no. Should I answer this?"

Hayoung chuckled. She took a chocolate bar from her pocket and gave it to Sehun, "Do you want some?" His eyes widened a little bit to see a familiar package in her hand. "Someone left it in my desk. Do you want it?" 

Sehun took a small piece and put it in his mouth, "Do you like this chocolate?"

"Is the game on?" she smiled and nodded, "Yes. I like chocolate, although I prefer peppero or choco pie than chocolate bar like this," Of course, Peppero. Who doesn't like Peppero? Sehun gave himself a mental notes. They walked few steps before Hayoung opened and asked, "Did you... tell your brother about me?" 

Sehun turned his head, catching her glimpse. There was no curiousness there, that was definitely not a question. It was a confirmation. Hayoung raised his brows a bit, gestured that she was still waiting for his answer. Sehun nodded, "Yes I did," 

Hayoung didn't say anything, she was just walking beside him with the same pace. And like usual, he couldn't read her mind. They were busy with their own thought for few minutes, even Hayoung guessed that the game had already ended, because Sehun didn't ask her anymore although it was his turn. 

"I said to him that the class president is pretty," While Hayoung widened her eyes, fascinated of what he said, Sehun kept his sight straight. "And she likes strawberry milk," It was definitely not a question. It was a statement. 

 

They arrived at the kindergarten where Seojun always went when Hayoung pointed a two store house in the distance, "The house with the blue roof is our house," 

Sehun counted roughly, it was just hundred meters away, "Can I ask you something?" 

Hayoung nodded and smiled, "Is the game still on?" 

"Did something happen?" Sehun really wanted to scolded himself that he copied a nonsense question from a five year old kid. 'Mommy always asks me the same when she picks me up at school, every time I look upset,'

Hayoung stopped her step, looking at Sehun with a serious face. She thought that she hid her sadness very well, is it really showed? Hayoung slowly nodded, gave him a smile, but this one was a sad one. "Something good happened," She sighed and started to walk again. "What color do you like?"

Sehun frowned at the random question, when he realized that they were still playing the game, "Black," he glanced at Hayoung and he got the message. It was not the time to ask back about color. "If it's a good thing, then why…" do you look sad?

"Jongin won the dance competition. He got a scholarship," Sehun was nearly grumbling how could a perfect boy like that even exist, when Hayoung asked him another question, "Do you like Ddeokbbeokki?"

Sehun shook his head, "I can't handle spicy things,"

"It's really delicious tho," she gave him the same sad smile. 

They were in front of her house right now, but Hayoung was still waiting for the last question, "He has to move away from Seoul?"

"New York," a drop of tears escaped from the corner of her eyes and she wiped it immediately. "For two years. He said he doesn't have the courage. So… he gave up on us," Sehun was silent, either waiting for her next question or he really had nothing to say. Hayoung opened the gate and slip herself in, "Thank you for playing game with me, Sehun. See you tomorrow?" 

 

Sehun nodded. 

 

Hayoung smiled again and turned her back. This was the first time of her life that she didn't cry alone. 

 

 

 

 

a/n

by the end of the day, Sehun had to thank Seojun, again :D 

I hope 1000 words chapter could make up the late update :) I'm sorry but I have to slow down a little bit