Chapter 6

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

 

 

 

"No. It's not like that. I slept in the couch like I'm the man here and you're the girl," Nana teased and rolled her eyes. "Get up already and eat you breakfast before we get late for school."

"I think we're already late," L. Joe said and looked at the clock on top of the drawer. "It's already 7 am."

Nana's eyes widened in surprise. "WHAT?! Then hurry up!!! Hurry up!!!" She yelled and ran into the kitchen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nana and L. Joe were running together heading for school. They were already late. They arrived in class together and Chunji was not feeling good to see the two of you together.

When the class started, he kept on glaring at the back of L. Joe and wondering why you two were together.

After classes, Chunji approached you before you went outside. L. Joe had already gone outside that time.

"What happened? Why did you two arrive together?" He asked. Nana looked up at him and smiled.

"Ahh, well, yesterday... He was drunk so..." Nana began.

"You two slept together?!" Chunji cut off.

"What? Of course not! But he slept at home, and I slept on my couch so we were distance far." Nana said.

"Aish. I knew that guy is not trustworthy. Why did you help him anyway? You should have left him in the streets." Chunji said.

"Well, I tried. But I kept coming back for him for some reason."

"Whatever. Let's forget this stuff actually happened," he sighed and chuckled. "I'll forget about it and won't get mad. But tonight, let's meet."

"Huh? Where? "

"In the Carnival. My treat. For a belated happy birthday." He said with an easy smile.

"Oh," Nana giggled. "Okay."

"Great. I'll call you when I arrive there. Of course, guys should arrive first than the girls. Right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nana had just finished dinner and prepared for the outfit she's going to wear. Her phone rang when she put on her coat. The one calling was Chunji. She answered the phone after taking a deep breath.

"Hey," Nana said on phone.

"I've arrived." He said.

"Great. I'm coming." Nana said and hangs up the phone.

When Nana was about to come out of her room, there was another ring but with an unknown number. Nana read the number but doesn't have any idea who it is. She still answered it though.

"Hello? Who is this?" Nana asked.

"It's me,” a deep familiar voice said. "L. Joe." He said.

Nana fell silent for a moment.

"Let's meet." L. Joe said.

"What?" Nana asked. "I'm sorry but I have an appointment with Chunji."

"I'll kill him if you don't meet with me here in the Carnival.” L. Joe threatened. "So come here. I'll be waiting outside the Carnival." He added and hangs up the phone.

Nana hangs up the phone too. She was having doubts. She have to go with Chunji, but she also have to go with L. Joe, if not, Chunji will get killed. Nana couldn't stop but sigh in disbelief, couldn't believe that in her young age as a 16 year old now, she's already facing troubles with a murderer.

"This is ridiculous," she murmured to herself and rolled her eyes. "I really hate that guy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nana decided to go with L. Joe instead. She called Chunji who was waiting for her inside the Carnival, watching the lovers playing bump cars.

"I'm really sorry, but I can't go." Nana said on phone.

"What? But why?" Chunji asked, distracted.

"Well... I forgot that I have an appointment. Can I just go with you tomorrow instead? Please?" Nana asked worriedly.

"Oh..." she could hear the disappointment inside Chunji's voice. She doesn't want to hurt the only best friend she has left, but it's for his own good, she always say that to herself.

After a while, they hang up their phones. The flower that Chunji had brought for Nana was no use, not even the necklace she bought for her.

He watched the lovers walking, playing and some kissing. He wanted to have a date with Nana like that, he always thought.

"I guess it's not the right time," he said to himself and smiled. He took a step forward towards the gate, but he stopped when he saw two people came inside, talking to each other. Not just two people though... He saw L. Joe and Nana together. His heart sank; it was the first time that it sank and hurts that much.

"Why are they together?" He asked himself. Suddenly, he felt weak after just seeing the scene of Nana and L. Joe. The flowers he was holding dropped on the ground, the petals were scattered on the ground, and the necklace he hid inside the flower also fell.

His tears fell. He was betrayed.