Chapter 38

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

LISTEN TO THIS SONG WHILE READING <3

 

L.Joe stepped back in the car while Niel stepped out and called Chunji.

"Ya!" He shouted. Chunji turned around.

"What?" Chunji asked.

"Didn't you say you wanted to help?"

Help? Chunji thought and once again remembered what he had said before, that he wants to learn fighting to protect Nana and help them fight with everything. Chunji shook his head and stood, tensely for a few second.

"I changed my mind," he said with a deep sigh. "I just want to stay by Nana's side, to make sure she's doing fine and I'm not leaving her side. If something or someone comes to hurt her, I will do my best to fight them. With my fist." He raised his fist and Niel raised his eyebrow.

"How?" he asked in an insolent tone.

"You don't care, okay?" Chunji snapped out of it, "I need to go and so just leave before the cops catch you guys! Okay?" he said again and ran off.

"What a pity." Niel whispered under his breath.

* * * 

Chunji went back to the hospital, he found you in lying unconsciously on a hospital bed with gauze on your head. Sooman was sitting at the edge of your bed while holding your hand; Chunji saw a flow of tears in his eyes. 

"How is she?" Chunji asked and felt his voice hardened.

"She's in Coma," was Sooman's saddened answer. 

Chunji's eyes widened, he put an elegant mouth to his mouth. "What? How?" He asked and his voice broke.

"She did survive the shot she got from me, and when she hit her head on the ground, it got worse. She's in coma and it's my entire fault," Sooman held back his tears but it was quiet obvious he was crying inside, he tried to have a soft calm voice but each time a word comes out of his mouth, his voice broke.

"No, that can't be," Chunji gave a hopeless expression. He met Sooman's watering eyes and Chunji couldn't stop but cry softly too. His hands trembled and he felt like falling to his knees. 

* * *

L.Joe went to another apartment that Niel had prepared for him. He was there alone, staring at his phone and waiting for a call for any news about you. He was clasping his hands, so worried about you until finally his phone rang. He quickly answered it when he saw Chunji's name on it.

"Hey, how is she?" he quickly asked in a worried tone.

"Nana is... In a coma." Chunji simply said but in a hoarse tone.

It felt like the whole world disappeared, L.Joe widened his eyes and sit still like a stone.

There was silence, for a long long time. Both of them were silent as tears flowed down their cheeks. L.Joe dropped his phone on the floor; he clutched his heart and cried even harder. He felt like his heart is on fire, uncontrollable flames that made him gasp for air. At the same time, he was angry at himself. He punched the glass table in front of him with his fist, the things on the table almost jumped.

It should have been me. He thought and cried out loud. He punched the same glass table over and over again, the scar on his hand where he stabbed himself back then when Niel tried to kill him, started to bleed again.

He had sacrificed many for her, the scars he got after getting stabbed and shot with a gun. But he failed to sacrifice for her this one time. He couldn't believe it, he had to see her. He stormed off his room and went outside the apartment.

He was trembling all over, his hand was bleeding again. The memory of Nana lying on the ground with blood splattering flashed again on his mind. He crossed the road unaware of the drivers and cars around, they scolded him but one person inside a car caught a glance of his bleeding hand.

A woman in a Nurse Uniform stepped out of her car and ran toward L.Joe.

"Mister!" The woman called while running toward him, pushing the people who were on her way. When she was almost near him, L.Joe lost his strength and everything in his visions started to get blurry. He fainted but the woman caught him in her arms. She made a worried and at the same time terrified eyes at him.

"Mister! Wake up!" The woman called out, worriedly. She told the people who gathered around them to help him carry him to her car and they did.

They put him at the back seat and the woman went back to her seat and drove away.

While driving, L.Joe gained back his consciousness.

He remembered everything, when he fainted. He glanced up at the woman in a nurse uniform; she was driving seriously and faster.

"Stop the car," L.Joe said weakly. "Nurse, I'm fine." He made a cold but soft voice at her. The woman turned to look at him. 

"No, you're hurt! I'm bringing you to a hospital!" The woman said.

"I am fine. If you don't stop the car, I'll kill you." He warned. "Do you know that I am a wanted person? For God's sake, I am Lee Byunghun!" He shouted with tears escaping from his eyes.

Suddenly, the woman stopped the car. She looked really scared as he looked at L.Joe. He looked at her too, his eyes looked like pleading but he wasn't even trying to.

"Lee Byunghun? I heard your name on TV," she muttered. "You're a wanted person..." she whispered, "Oh my God, what have I done? I should bring you to the Police Station!" 

"Please... Let me see Jang Nana first."

The woman stiffened. L.Joe glanced down at her ID.

"Kwon Jae-In," he said and saw that her nickname was also printed down, “Jane, before I surrender, I want to see the person I love so much."

 

They suddenly heard the sirens from the cops. Jane could have called them but she didn't. She acted normal even though she saw them herself.

She glanced down at L.Joe.

"We need to hide you somewhere," Jane suggested and turned her back on him, she started the engine again.

"What? Why? I want to surrender after meeting Nana!" L.Joe snapped.

"Whatever! But I am trying to help you, okay? Just keep quiet!" She insisted. "I'm bringing you to my house."

"Why are you helping me?" he asked.

"When I first saw you... I thought you were someone I used to know. Someone I used to care and loved," she replied sadly, "So, I want to help you. Don't protest because I am being nice, and besides, I am a nurse. I'll be your personal nurse from now on."

L.Joe suddenly felt safe, and felt himself half-smiled. He looked at the woman driving and changed his mind. He thought he wanted to surrender, if he meets with Nana it would be no use. He knows she hates him, and if she sees her again in a coma, he would only shed tears.

"Stop the car," L.Joe said again in a calm tone, "I want to surrender."