Chapter 10

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

 

L. Joe left Tae Suk's room without another word.

 

He was still in shock after hearing that he killed the wrong girl.

 

The worse is it should have been Jang Nana.

 

She remembered her smile, her laugh, her voice and when she's mad. All of those, he might never see again. Knowing that she's the daughter he should have killed made his stomach churned. He felt mad at the same time, he felt worthless and part of him wanted to kill her but at the same time, he also doesn't want to kill her.

 

Deny it or not, I like her, he had thought of that before.

 

He was about to leave when he heard his best friend, Niel screaming and he could sense that he was in pain.

 

He ran around the corner to look for Niel and finally saw him inside a room of their house, where the walls are mirrors, Niel was on the ground, he was tortured by Tae Suk's people. L. Joe watched him as Niel cried in agony.

 

5 men were beating him with their own hands. Niel could smell his own blood, taste his own coppery blood and spit them on the ground. He was helpless and L. Joe wanted to go there and stop them but Changyo was behind him, stopping him.

 

"If you try helping him..." ChangJo began. "Your father will really be mad, Hyung."

L. Joe looked at Changjo. "Then what am I going to do?"

"I don't know..." Changjo's voice was sad, and he really is. He lowered his eyes and then looked up at L. Joe again. "I think it would be better if you leave."

L. Joe turned around and watch Niel being tortured again. This time, one of the men pulled out his knife and sharpened them in front of Niel. Niel himself couldn't deny it, he's afraid. The man brushed the knife onto his skin, blood dripped on Niel's neck. The other man threw a thick wood at him. They kicked and whipped him.

 

L. Joe balled his fist, the fear and wrath in his eyes.

 

"Are they trying to kill him?" L. Joe asked and his voice cracked. His eyes was tearing up and he was very mad.

"I don't want to see this anymore."