Chapter 15

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

 

It was so fast that L. Joe didn't even realize he was dragged and saved by someone from drowning.

He was lying on the white sand and as he opened his eyes, the first person he saw was Nana. His heart raced, he was happy to see her but he's also mad because he wants to kill her father and he must kill her too. Behind Nana is Chunji. He was shocked and looked really worried; L. Joe could hear Nana's heavy panting while she was in front him, her knee bent over.

"What... Happened?" L. Joe asked.

Nana sighed in relief. "God. You scared me to death! Why did you suddenly fell out of your boat? Are you trying to kill yourself?!" She yelled at him.

L. Joe lays up facing Nana so close. "Were you the one who saved me?"

She bit her lower lip and stood up. "Because you were drowning. Don't misinterpret me. Just because I saved you, doesn't mean I like you."

"I would never misinterpret something like that." L. Joe said and stood up. Chunji blocked him from Nana; Chunji's back was facing Nana.

"Shouldn't you thank her?" Chunji asked sarcastically.

"I don't thank. She should have let me die." L. Joe replied and walked away going to his tent.

"Aish!" Chunji exclaimed.

"Ignore him. He's just some stupid guy. Let's go have fun with the others." Nana suggested.

Later, it was dark and it was campfire time. Everyone gathered and started the campfire. The only person not present was L. Joe. Their teacher had told him to come but he wouldn't, so she let him be.

Nana wasn't enjoying the campfire, the songs they were singing, the open forum too. She wanted L. Joe right there, in front of them, joining and telling more about him. Why did he have to be a killer? A murderer?

Nana sighed and took a glance at L. Joe while he was sitting inside his open tent and watching the bright stars while hugging his knees. Then she looked at her classmates including Chunji and said, "I don't want to continue this anymore."

Chunji looked at her in a puzzled look. "But why?" He asked.

"I'll just... Join Lee Byung Hun. He's alone." Chunji became emotionless when Nana said that. Nana just smiled and went at L. Joe's tent.

She sat beside him while also hugging her knees.

"Why aren't you joining the campfire?" Nana asked him.

"Why? Care?"

"I was just asking. Why do you have to be so mean?"

"Can't you leave me alone?"

"It's boring there. Let me just join you here."

"Stupid."

Nana smiled but she was not happy. "I know. I'm stupid because I want to spend watching the stars with a killer."

"And you want to stay the same? Do you really want me to kill you?" L. Joe asked harshly and glared at Nana. Nana looked at him in a brief then lie down inside the tent.

"I'll hunt you." Nana said.

"I'm never scared of anything or anything. So, go on, and hunt me once I kill you. If you're not leaving my tent."

Nana sighed and hugged herself. "I'm sleepy." She yawned and closed her eyes.

"Don't you have any fear?" L. Joe asked.

Nana didn't answer. She was already asleep. She only wanted to pretend to be sleeping but once she closed her eyes, it turned out that she's really sleepy and shut down.

"Tch," L. Joe hissed. "Really stupid." He continued to look up at the stars and then turned around to take a glance of Nana sleeping. He then lie down beside her and watched her breathing as she sleeps.

You must kill Jang Nana, the words from his father repeated on his mind.

"Don't look at that innocent face," he told himself. "You must definitely not look at her innocent face." He closed his eyes and pulled out a knife under a pillow beside him. "You must kill Jang Nana." He repeated but once he opened his eyes, Nana's face was facing him with her eyes closed.

"I can't," he thought. "I'm such a coward." He hid his knife under his pillow again and watched Nana sleeping. He caressed her face and couldn't help but smile. He tried not to... but his heart is racing faster, his smile is turning wider.

Tonight... I want to be with you. By your side and then, I'll kill your father... Then you...  If I can. He thought.

They fell asleep in the same tent. Chunji didn't notice Nana wasn't in her own tent, he didn't even have the slightest idea that L. Joe and Nana were still together.

At midnight, L. Joe woke up and regretted falling asleep with Nana beside him. He went out of his tent, barefoot.

If I stay longer with her, it will be harder for me to kill her. He said on his mind and went away.

He never came back even though it was morning. Everyone was together with all their things and tents packed. Nana was looking for L. Joe. None of her classmates noticed L. Joe gone, but they all packed his tent.

She saw his sleepers on the ground, and saw his footsteps heading to the beach' forbidden forest. There was a big sign not to go in the forest but she felt like she needs to find L. Joe, that he's somewhere in the forest.

Nana secretly went to the forest. She called his name a lot of times; she can't even count how many times. She could hear the bushes rustling; the sound of crows as they fly, the looks of the scary forest scared her.

Someone appeared before her. "I knew you'd come." C.A.P. said and raised his gun in front of Nana. He pulled the trigger and smirked at her.

Nana's eyes widened, she wanted to run but she felt her legs heavy. C.A.P. shoot, Nana closed her eyes and she did not felt anything like a gun shot. She just tumbled on the ground with L. Joe in front of her.

His eyes were scared.

"You...Lee Byung Hun!" She called.

L. Joe grimaced with pain, his shoulder got shot. Nana's jaw dropped when she saw the blood dripping. L. Joe glared up at C.A.P. who wasn't expecting for L. Joe to block.

"Leave." L. Joe told him in a low voice.

"L. Joe, why did you---" L. Joe cut in.

"I said leave! Just leave!!!" L. Joe yelled at him.