Chapter 33

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

"First," she began and gulped, "let's enjoy this day. Let's play the bump cars, shoot the balls, drink milkshakes, chat, and go to the carnival... You must definitely entertain me or I'll make everything harder for you."

"Hmmm," he smiled, "that's easy. Let's enjoy this day then."

"Let's play with bump cars first!" she suggested.

They played the bump cars and they kept on bumping into each other. Then they shoot balls, L. Joe got the highest score of shoot this time. After that they played car racing then played "The Land of The Dead" as two players. Shortly, they got tired and decided to rest. L. Joe left Nana sitting on the bench so that he can buy her milkshake.

He bought two milkshakes for him and for her.

His smile was very wide as he watched Nana drinking the milkshake.

I'm very happy today; I don't want this day to end. He said on his mind and then drinks his milkshake.

"Until when can I order you around?" Nana suddenly asked.

L. Joe looked at her and smiled, "until you decide to go home."

"Really?" she chuckled, "then I'm not going home!"

He laughed and ruffled her hair; Nana blushed and held his hand to take it away from her hair.

"Don't do that," she said, "you're making me look like a kid."

"Oh, sorry." He apologized with an apologetic look.

Nana looked away and became serious.

"Today, you have to forget about the revenge against my father." She said.

L. Joe's smile faded. He didn't say any word.

"Today, I, your enemy's daughter is your date. Am I?" She shrugged her shoulders, "it's okay if I'm not. Maybe this isn't really a date. Maybe you're just paying me for all you have done."

"You are my date," he muttered, "It’s only you and I today. No Lee Sooman, no Lee Tae Suk... Just the two of us without any problem, without any war."

She looked at him and met his gaze. She noticed that his eyes slid into her lips.

"What's wrong? Is there something on my lips?" she asked.

"Yes, there's milkshake," he responded and removed it and then he suddenly paused.

"What? Are there a lot? Is my face too dirty?"

"No," he said and you could smell his sweet breath, "you're just too beautiful." He leaned closer and kissed her. The passionate kiss that made her put her fingers in his soft hair. He put his hand into her hair and pulled her body closer.

He suddenly broke the kiss when he noticed there were two children watching them. Nana was startled and almost dropped her milkshake. Luckily, L. Joe caught it.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

"I'm fine," she sighed and took the milkshake back. She turned to the surprised children and waved her hand in front of them. The kids shook their head and exchanged looks.

"So that's how lovers kiss?" the boy asked the girl.

"Yes." The girl replied.

"Actually we're not lovers, we're just friends." Nana corrected them.

"What do you mean? Friends kiss in the lips too? Boys and Girls?"

"Sure! Of course!" Nana agreed.

"Then I can kiss my friend who is a girl even though we're only kids?"

"Ya! You're just kids!"

L. Joe held Nana's hand and raised them.

"Actually, the two of us are couples." He said proudly.

"YA!" Nana yelled.

L. Joe pouted at her, making the kids laugh.

"Ya... why are you being like this? Mr. Killer?" she whispered, "are you sick? Are you hurt somewhere? Why are you being like this seriously?"

He stopped pouting and cleared his throat.

"Sorry," he lets go of her hand and stood up, "we should go to the carnival before they start closing."

"Wait! Are you mad? I didn't mean to say that, okay?" Nana stood behind him worriedly. 

The young girl cried softly, "Unnie, why did you hurt Oppa's feelings?"

L. Joe turned around to face Nana and the kids.

"That's right kids, that Noona is hurting my feelings," he said while pouting like a kid. Nana couldn't believe why he is acting that way. She wanted to punch him because she is so annoyed.

"Say sorry, Noona!" the young boy said, "don't make Hyung sad! You're making my girlfriend cry." He patted the young girl's back then glared at Nana. "Say sorry!" he repeated loudly.

"Ahh well," Nana glared at L. Joe who was secretly smirking, "I'm sorry, okay?"

"Do you love me?" L. Joe asked.

"Huh?"

"Just tell him you do Noona!" the young boy said, "so that my little girlfriend wouldn't cry anymore!"

"Yeah right!" the young girl said while sobbing.

Nana sighed and surrendered. She has no choice anyway.

"I love you," she said while looking at L. Joe.

"I can't hear it, say it again!" L. Joe said.

"Ya!" Nana stared at him fiercely, "why are you doing it? Fine! I love you so much Lee Byunghun!"

* * *

When the little girl stopped crying, they said their goodbyes to Nana and L. Joe.

Eventually, Nana and L. Joe went to the carnival and ride the Ferris wheel, Roller Coaster and also explored the Horror Kingdom.

The horror kingdom wasn't that scary for L. Joe, but Nana was super scared. Every time she hears creepy sounds like flying bats or fallen vases, she'd yelp and hug L. Joe's arm for support.

After riding all rides, they rested and sat on the wooden brown park bench.

"So, what's next?" L. Joe asked her while taking a glance at his watch then back to Nana, "it's already 7 P.M. Your parents might be searching for you."

"You said I can still order you around not until I go home, so I'm not going home because I still want to. You don't have to worry though; my orders can benefit you and me. Example, we played bump cars and you also did. You bought me milkshake and you bought one for yourself too. So don't complain okay?"

"Okay, I won't. I promise."

She sighed, "I want to go home tomorrow."

L. Joe widened his eyes, "why tomorrow?"

"I want to stay with you for the night. I want to sleep in the cemetery with you. The cemetery where my brother's grave is." She replied in a low voice.

"Wha--what?" L. Joe stuttered, "wh---wh---why?"

"You don't want to? Then let's stop here," she rolled her eyes and stood up. L. Joe held her arm, pulling her down to sit back, "you don't want to be with me, is it? If you don't want to, just tell me."

"No, I want to be with you but... Why there? How can we sleep in the cemetery? You can't even open your eyes in the Horror Kingdom!" He complained.

"If we go in the cemetery, I won’t open my eyes! I'm going to sleep with you, what's wrong with that?!"

"Still, why in the cemetery? Why there? Why in your brother's grave?"

She glared at him, "Do you love me or not? If not, fine forget about it and I will forget about you. There's a lot of other guys out there anyway. If you really love me, then do what I tell you."

"Are you threatening me?" He asked, puzzled.

She ignored his question.

"Are you scared to face my dead brother? Why?" Her eyes was tearing up, "are you the one who killed my brother?"

L. Joe stiffened.

"Were you that young boy, Lee Byunghun? The young boy, with creepy eyes, creepy smile, holding a knife, stabbing the chest of my poor older brother, ignoring that I saw him, threatening me not to tell anyone... Was that you?"

L. Joe looked away and remembered that scene.

"It's not you right?" she asked and her tears rolled down her cheeks, "then come with me tonight. If it's not you, and I will believe you."