Chapter 34

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

 

 

 

"Fine," L.Joe said, "I'll come with you."

Nana was about to explode when he said that but she pretended to act nice in front of him. "Good, I know you didn't kill my brother anyway," she lied.

It's her, L.Joe thought. And it's me, how can I tell you that I was the one who killed your brother that night?

~~~At The Cemetery~~

Nana ran towards the grave of her brother. She bowed in front with a big smile on her face, "Oppa! I brought a friend!" she said and turned around to face L.Joe who was behind her. "Greet my Oppa!"

He smiled and did as she said. He bowed and greeted Nana's brother and then he turned back to Nana. He was dumbfounded when Nana started glaring at him with eyes watering with tears.

"Nana-shi, what's wrong?" L.Joe asked.

Nana gasped and wiped her tears, "Sorry, I yawned. I'm really sleepy, can you please place the matting on the ground?" she asked while turning her back on him.

L.Joe nodded and pulled out the matting from the bag he was carrying then he placed it down the ground. "You can go rest now," he said. Nana quickly sat on the matting and tapped the other side, "sit beside me."

"I don't think that would be necessary," he said.

"Ya!" she glared at him, "I'm only asking you to sit with me! Besides, you promised you would do anything right? You're going to disobey me now?"

"Uhm, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say it, it's just that... Your brother is watching." He explained.

"He's dead so sit with me," Nana said and looked away. L.Joe agreed and sat beside her. He was feeling nervous and the scene of the grave of Nana's brother creeps him out.

"So," he began nervously, "why did you want to sleep here?"

"Haven't I told you? I miss him. So much," she responded. "Do you want to know how this happened to him? How he died?"

No, no, no. L.Joe said to himself. He wanted to say 'No' but he's afraid that Nana would get mad at him. He just looked away, wishing she'd just go to sleep and not talk about it but...

"I remember a young boy of his age killed him, with a knife to stab Oppa," she finally said. L.Joe only widened his eyes, his tears rolled down his cheeks. Guilt rushed back inside him.

"I was there, and that young boy really scared me. Because of him, I had a trauma and was sent to a hospital but JiHae-ah and Chunji-ah helped me to recover fast. They encouraged me to fight." She added.

When she looked at L.Joe, she noticed that he was crying. She touches his cheeks with her palms and faced him to her. She pretended to be nice, someone who cares and worries about him, but deep inside, there was hatred.

"Don't cry," she whispered and wiped his tears away. "Why are you crying when I only told you about my brother's death?" she asked but L.Joe won’t look at her. She just let it be, and then she leaned closer to him and pressed her lips against his. After a while, she pulled away and lie down the matting.

"Let's go to sleep, together." She said. Because this will be the last that I'm going to be this kind of girl to you.

"I have something to tell you," L.Joe said while his back is on her. Nana wanted him to tell her immediately, she wished that he'd tell her that he's her brother's murderer.

"I love you, Nana-shi..." L.Joe said. "I will do anything for you, that's how much I love you."

"Then you would die for me?" Nana asked, acting cute.

"Of course, I will. Because you're my girl, right?" he asked and looked at Nana happily.

Nana just smiled and nodded. "Come, let's sleep together without touching each other."

"Okay," L.Joe said.

They slept together without touching each other. At midnight, when L.Joe woke up, Nana wasn't there anymore. He searched for her around the cemetery but he couldn't find her. He panicked and called you but you wouldn't answer him. He called anyone, Chunji and her other friends. But no one would answer him. They're probably still asleep.

He decided to go to Nana's house and check if she's there.

 

~Outside Nana's house~~

Nana was sitting on a chair outside her house while staring at an old picture with her brother and her in it when they were still kids. She missed her brother so much and she have never felt so betrayed like this.

She placed the picture on the coffee table beside her and took a gun then stared at it with her tears about to fall.

"If you come here, I will have no choice. So, don't come here Byunghun-ah." She whispered, "because now that I hate you, I can't stop this hatred inside me. I think I can really kill you. No matter what, you still killed my brother and best friend. But if you don't come...I'll just leave this place. I'll leave this problem to Appa."

Just then, she heard a motorcycle stopped. She quickly wiped her tears and hid the gun behind her while still holding onto it.

L.Joe hurried and jumped out of the motorcycle. He ran towards her worriedly, he haven't even got any closer to her yet.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"I was worried about you! You didn't say anything, you just left. What happened?" He asked worriedly.

Nana's heart is thumping very fast, hatred filled her, she wanted to kill him but she wanted him to tell her the truth first.

"Tell me the truth of all your lies," she said.

"What? What are you talking about?" L.Joe asked.

"You...You..." Before she could say it, she remembered everything that's happened to her and him. The happy moments she had with him and the times when she hated him, "you killed my brother!!!" she finally said in a very loud voice.

L.Joe widened his eyes in surprise. He couldn't believe what he was hearing, but he could see the fear and anger inside Nana's eyes.

"You killed my brother. You deserve to die!" She pointed the gun at L.Joe. Without second thoughts, she tried to pull the trigger at him.

"Nana-shi..."

"I hate you! I hate you!!!" She yelled with a sob.