Chapter 27

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

 

 

 

Before Sooman could open the closet, his wife came in and called him. "Honey?" Seyoung, his wife and Nana's mother asked, confused when he saw Sooman with that expression.

"Umma!" Nana called and went to her mother, "it's getting late, and we should go home!"

Seyoung smiled at Nana and then at Sooman, "honey, let's go?"

"Uhm, yeah, sure," he replied in a low voice and walked near the door, "let's go, I still have something to discuss with you, Seyoung."

Seyoung smiled and draped an arm around Sooman. Nana sighed in relief, relieved that her father wasn't able to see L. Joe. She turned around and looked at Chunji; she bowed at him and smiled then walked away with her parents.

When they were finally out, L. Joe took a deep breath and opens up the closet and stepped out of it.

"That was close," Chunji uttered. 

"Thanks but," L. Joe looked up on him, "why didn't you say anything?" he asked.

"I wanted to, and next time I should," he replied, "I just didn't have the courage earlier."

L. Joe sighed and started walking away.

"WAIT!" Chunji stopped him and he did, "tell me, why are you mad at them?"

L. Joe smirked and rolled his eyes, "I lost my biological father because of Jang Sooman," and then he walked out of the room without another word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nana went home with her parents without saying anything. Her parents didn't even praise her role in Sleeping Beauty, although that play was undone. She then went straight to her room and threw her pillows on the floor.

"AISH! I'm so stupid!" She hissed to herself, "he's been hiding there and I pretended not to know anything... I'm so stupid. Now what do I do?"  She said worriedly and hissed over and over again.

Then her stomach churned, she sighed and went out of her room to go get some milkshake. She headed to the living room and before she could reach the kitchen, she heard her parents talking in their room.

She motioned closer to their door and listened.

"You mean, the man who played the Prince of our Nana?" Seyoung asked, surprised, "he saw you killed Hwan?!"

Nana's eyes widened when she heard it. She almost gasped; she tried to be silent and covered with her hand.

"He saw me killed Hwan and his family, I don't know who that man is but he's got a gun with him too and I'm sure he's not just a normal high school student!" Sooman exclaimed nervously, Seyoung patted his hand.

"We should get him, what if he tells the police?" Seyoung asked worriedly.

"I know and I think we can find him in Nana's school," he began, "Nana can lead us to him."

"Right. By the way, did you see the way they kissed each other? It didn't look like a normal play! They looked so desperate!"

"Watch your words, Seyoung. That man is our enemy. I must kill him before he could tell anyone what he saw."

Nana stumbled and fell on the floor; she couldn't believe what she had heard. The man her father killed would be L. Joe's father and her father doesn't even know that!

Sooman sensed someone outside their room so he decided to take a look. He was shocked when he opened the door and saw Nana on the floor, her eyes still wide and scared.

"Nana-shi! What are you doing here?" Sooman asked.

"Appa," Nana uttered, "don't kill him..." She didn't want to be straight forward and tell that to her father. She wanted to take all her words back because she knew her father would scold her after saying that and knowing that she heard them.

"You--- you heard?" Sooman stammered.

Sooman decided to lock her in her room. She didn't respond to any of his questions not even to her mother. She just turned mute and blank. She didn't even mind that she is locked alone in her own room; her father even locked the windows. He was afraid she'd tell L. Joe. Afraid his plans will fail.

At midnight, Sooman went out of his house to meet someone. Someone he doesn't know but he agreed to meet outside because he was told it was about the company he was working on.

"Who are you? What did you just say about the company?" Sooman asked the old man that was about his age.

"Actually, this isn't about the company," the old man snickered.

"What?"

"I'm Lee Taesuk. It is nice to meet you. Jang Sooman, right?"

"How do you know my name?"

"Let's just say I'm your stalker and I have news for you."

"Really?"

"Let's go in my place and talk about it there..."

Nana was still awake in her dark room. She walked near her drawer and opened it to get a blade then she sat back on the floor and started cutting her wrist with the blade.

She watched the blood falling on the floor; she didn't care even if it spilled on her dress. She only cared that she can use her blood to show her anger. Slowly, she used her blood to write on the wall "Stupid Nana".

At that same time, L. Joe was outside. He came to attack Sooman, kill him and end his anger against him. When he was finally inside, he found only Sooman's wife sleeping on his bed. He found another room which is locked and decided to use the key that was hanging on the wall.

Maybe he is here, he thought. When the door was opened, he stepped in and when he turned to the bed, it was empty. Instead, he saw Nana lying on the floor with blood on her wrist. She was unconscious. He was stunned to see her lying on the floor.

"Nana-shi!!!" She called her name and quickly tried to wake her up. When she didn't respond, he decided to carry her in his arms and bring her to a near hospital.

When they arrive in the hospital, the nurses and doctors carried Nana away on the stretcher and into the emergency room. L. Joe waited outside and dialed Chunji.

"Yoboseyo? Who is this?" Chunji asked.

"It's me, Lee Byunghun," he replied in a shaky tone.

"Byunghun? Well, how come? It's in the middle of the night but you called ---" L. Joe didn't let him finish.

"Come here, quick. I brought Nana in the hospital near her house," he said and ended the call. 

Half an hour had passed and Chunji didn't arrive yet. The doctors had finished covering Nana's wound and she's already awake. L. Joe went inside and closed the door. The two of them stared at each other.

"Byunghun-ah... Were you the one who brought me here?" Nana asked him while lying on her hospital bed.

"I'm going to let you pass. I'm not going to kill you except your father. That's why I brought you here, I was supposed to finish your father but I saw you. I thought you died." He said.

"Oh," Nana looked away and remembered what her father said, she began crying softly.

"What's your drama now huh?" L. Joe asked suddenly annoyed.

"Seriously, who am I going to save Byunghun-ah?" She asked and met his gaze, "why are you making everything so hard for me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," L. Joe replied.

"If I save you... Father will die," she said while crying and her voice cracking, "but if I save father, you will die."

He was surprised to hear that from her, the he abruptly walked beside her hospital bed and strangled her for the second time. Nana didn't expect him to do it once again, she held his wrist, trying to stop him but he was too strong and angry.

"Who says I want you to save me? Just go save your father, I don't need you and if you ever mention that to me again, I won't let you pass anymore. I will really kill you." He uttered in a whisper and raspy voice. 

"Just kill me," she uttered softly, her voice brittle and cracking.

"Nana-shi!!!" He yelled and didn't realize a tear rolled down his cheeks. "Why are you acting like this? You're only 16, but why are you acting like this?! Why are you hurting yourself? Why did you do this to yourself? Huh? Only emo does this, but why---" He stopped and let her go, as if he couldn't believe he was strangling her again, "I'm sorry." He apologized.

"I know I'm not an emo," Nana mumbled, "but what do I do? Even though I'm only 16, every time I think of you, I'm always tempted to hurt myself just so I stop thinking about you. I thought by doing this, I'll forget about you."

He was astounded.

He stared at her, knowing that he's certainly in love with her but he can't tell her that. It will only make matters worse.

 

 

A/N: Done chapter 27! (Sorry about my bad grammar! LOL I know!) So what do you think about this chapter? Tell me if it's boring or not... Well, I know it is, so sorry! Just wait till the next chapters! And that's all! Hope you enjoy!

Subscribe and Comment please! xD