Chapter 43

You've Fallen for a Bad Guy

When the sun was already setting, Nana visited her father, Jang Sooman, in jail. She felt guilty that she did not do anything for him or at least be present when he was taken in court and sentenced for imprisonment.

She told him about Ljoe too and she cried in front of her father. Sooman had nothing to do, he wasn't glad or angry, and he was speechless as he watched his daughter crying in front of him. Because of everything he had done and of how long he was gone by Nana's side as a father, he understood why Nana was not crying for him instead she was crying for the love of her life.

After opening her heart to her father, Nana went to see Ljoe. It was also the same day that Ljoe would be given a chance to go back to that warehouse and see to himself that his friends are dead.

Nana went to Chunji's car and they followed the van where Ljoe was sent in.

* * *

The warehouse had been gone and turned into ashes. Ljoe couldn't believe it and he blamed himself about everything. His best friend, Niel, died. His friends died and the father he thought was his own, that man he loved and hated, died.

He fell to his knees as he recalled the moment when CAP and Ricky died, when Changjo and Niel stopped Taesuk and they all sacrificed for him. He felt useless and evil. He shed his tears and whimpered silently, Nana came forward behind Ljoe and put a hand on his shoulder. 

"Byunghun-ah..."

Ljoe darted a glance at her, a smile formed on his face when he saw her face. A smile filled with sadness, sorrow but with gladness. He stood up and stared at her for a long time and after that, Nana embraced him.

"Don't cry..." You said in a comforting tone, holding your tears back.

He didn't say a word; instead he stopped hugging her and slid his hand to hers. It was so unexpected of him to do but then he ran as fast as he could, Nana only followed him because Ljoe was holding her. The police officers found them running, they cursed themselves for taking off Ljoe’s handcuffs and then they ran after the two.

"Byunghun-ah! What are you doing?!" Nana shouted behind him, totally not liking the idea that Ljoe is trying toescape with her.

"Don't worry! This might look like escaping for life, but this won’t take that long!" He shouted back, correcting Nana.

Nana fell silent and just looked at the back head of Ljoe. Whatever his plans are, she would understand it. Maybe, he only wanted to tell her something or at least spend a little time with her... Before...

Nana shut her eyes closed, tears run down her cheeks.

* * *

Ljoe darted to his apartment and behind him was Nana. He let go of her hand and started looking for something Nana doesn't have any idea what it was.

Ljoe was violently opening the cabinet, the dusty old boxes and then some drawers. He was panicking and hurrying, looking for something.

"Byunghun-ah... What are you doing?" Nana questioned him but Ljoe didn't respond. He was too busy looking for that something; it was something he wanted to give Nana...

At last, Ljoe found it. He held a ring and slowly he turned around and held Nana's hand, putting the silver ring on her palm. Nana's cheeks turned pink.

"Keep it with you." He said. When Nana said nothing, just looking at the pretty silver ring on her hand, Ljoe quickly took it back and put it on her index finger. Nana gazed at him.

"I...I secretly bought it while you were in coma," he confessed and smiled. "Because I was hoping that if you wake up, I can start all over again with you and that you can forgive me...I bought this because I love you, I will always love you. If I'm going to jail forever, please don't ever forget about me... But, find another man..."

Nana gently punched Ljoe's chest, crying everything out while clutching her heart. Ljoe wiped her tears and smiled, it was all he could do because he knew at any time the police officers will come and drag him away from her.

And then there they were, police officers rushing inside with Chunji watching worriedly and curiously. They grabbed Ljoe away from Nana, and with that one last touch, Nana and Ljoe smiled at each other.

* * *

It was Monday and the day of the court order. Nana was sitting in the front seat with Jane and Chunji with her.

It had been half an hour since it began, and finally the judge made his decision.

"Lee Byunghun guilty of attempted murder. Sentenced to 10 years of imprisonment!" The judge boomed while the two guards dragged Ljoe away to bring him to jail. He was only expressionless, not looking at anyone but on the floor. Everyone who was there stood and watched, including Nana. She was clasping her hands nervously, touching the ring Ljoe had given her yesterday.

Jane immediately went out of the crowd and dialed a number.

"Bring my order in Lee Byunghun's apartment. I need it for tomorrow's plan." Jane said in a low voice and turned off her phone. Watching Ljoe being taken away, Jane mumbled to herself 'I'm going to save you, Ljoe'